GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Interesting... but then, not exactly a position of need for the Devils. Assuming Hamilton is healthy, they've got Hamilton, Marino and Nemec on the Right side already. I'd guess they'd be moving Marino if they sign Pesce.

Marino is probably better than Pesce. That would be a bad move.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
McGroarty would be an interesting move. Risky giving up those kind of assets for someone that hasn't played in the NHL, but if he translates an ELC player of that talent level changes the look of the F group for the next three years in a big way

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Don’t like giving up the two assets for 1 in the first and Minten.

That being said will McGroarty be more selective about his destination? That would impact his value.

I’d do our 1st and Robertson though.
Normally the winner of a trade, is the team who gets the best player... it's pretty clear who that would be in this case.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It won't be surprising if Pesce signs with an American team. I don't think there was any reason to believe he would come to Canada.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Marino would be a terrific target if he somehow shakes free.

Like the idea of McGroarty but I really hate the thought of trading our 1st again and again and again….

I’d be ready to move Robertson and another piece, but really hate missing on that 1st.

It just weakens us from using it for anything else, from a trade like Marino or drafting a player who will be a desperately needed ELC.

Hate this constant trading of 1sts and we have a pitiful number of draft picks in the top 2 over the next few years.

The cycle we are stuck in sucks.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Like the idea of McGroarty but I really hate the thought of trading our 1st again and again and again….

I’d be ready to move Robertson and another piece, but really hate missing on that 1st.

It just weakens us from using it for anything else, from a trade like Marino or drafting a player who will be a desperately needed ELC.

Hate this constant trading of 1sts and we have a pitiful number of draft picks in the top 2 over the next few years.

Marino would be great

McGroarty for our 1st+something like Minten or Robertson would be fine by me, he's more developed and higher upside.

Minten if he pans out is a good 3C but could be a 4C, it just fits the competitive life cycle of the team PLUS

Cowan, Knies, Grebyonkin, McGroarty and Nylander...you should have 4 top 6 wingers there.

RE: Marino, he seems like he'd shake free right? Hamilton, Marino and Nemec are the right shots under contract currently.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I get the hesitancy of trading a first... but it's not for a short-term rental older player. It's for a guy who was just a first, on an ELC, who you can control for a very long-time. It's like trading a first, for a first from a prior year... so I'm fine with that... plus, we'd end up with an upgrade likely on whomever we'd draft anyway.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Robertson + Liljegren for Mc Groarty and a 3rd Rd pick would be my offer, I think Jets need right handed D..I really want to keep our pick this draft but I also love Mc Groarty

Reactions: HomelessPepper

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Have to think One of Hamilton / Marino are dealt.

Would be funny if it was back to Carolina for Necas

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Robertson + Liljegren for Mc Groarty and a 3rd Rd pick would be my offer, I think Jets need right handed D..I really want to keep our pick this draft but I also love Mc Groarty
I agree. I dont see Brad moving that 1st for a disgruntled college prospect. I am all for taking a flyer on him but if the 1st is moved, it should be for something that will help us today ie: top 4 defenseman.

We have enough prospects and young players that assuming he would come here, a deal could happen.

I would push for Minten and Lilly or Timmins.

Reactions: LeafSteel

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
We're talking 3.5M-4M here

That's Samsonov money essentially on a 92M cap

It's a risk but there's plenty of reward and LTIR is something we've been able to weaponize over the years so it wouldn't kill us
Yeah, and it’s buying a couple of UFA years which could be a lot more costly if he stays healthy.
The average salary on an 88m cap is around 4-4.4mil depending on roster size.

Reactions: Kiwi

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We're talking 3.5M-4M here

That's Samsonov money essentially on a 92M cap

It's a risk but there's plenty of reward and LTIR is something we've been able to weaponize over the years so it wouldn't kill us
Overpaid Nylander, now Woll, didn’t get term on Mathews, so far Benoit and McMann are the only guys signed to fair deals. Can’t wait to see shat mistakes he makes next…….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The difference between good gambles, and bad gambles, are if they work out.
True that, is Woll a good gamble? I don’t see why they had to offer that kind of money, and if they didn’t have to why did they? I mwan what leverage does Woll have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad