GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If we can get Knies signed on a 6 year 30 million deal this offseason I would be happy with that. In 4 years, 5 Million will probably be the going rate for 3rd liners.

You're a bit higher than I am, I was going to suggest something like 4.5 for 6-8 years

Similar to the bet Tampa made on Killorn way back, Knies hasn't shown as much but I believe in the player.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Friedman made it sound like Rutger McGroarty may fetch a 1st rounder + NHL player. Lots of interest around the league driving price up.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Friedman made it sound like Rutger McGroarty may fetch a 1st rounder + NHL player. Lots of interest around the league driving price up.

This isn’t surprising. I said if the Leafs wanted to be competitive it had to be 1st + Liljegren + Minten tho they might prefer more quality over quantity.

Rutgers stock has only risen since he was a lottery pick and he plays a hard physical game that every GM covets, especially after watching the playoffs. Sucks for Winnipeg to lose him but they should be able to do fine in a trade.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
As much as I'd love to bring back Bert and/or Domi we have so much depth coming up on the left side (Knies, McMann, Cowan, Grebyonkin) that I feel like it might be better to invest that cap space in a center like Lindholm.

Signing Lindholm (who Tre is familiar with) would allow us to move Tavares to the wing or down to the third line until he hits UFA, and give us another defensively responsible center on our top 2 units. We don't have a lot of center depth in our organization, and next year's free agency doesn't have any top 6 centers just entering their prime years. Even if you think Minten will eventually be more than a 3rd line guy, it will still take some time for him to be that.

Lindholm would provide good balance to the Nylander line, and he's also a right shot center who excels in faceoffs, which is not something we already have. We could sign Lindholm (he's expected to earn between 7 to 8.5 million, and still have over 12 million in cap space to sign two defensemen (even without clearing out anyone). We'd have to go cheap in goal but that already looks to be the plan with guys like Broisset and Stolarz rumored, and as Stuart Skinner is showing you don't necessarily need a stud goaltender if you have a great team around them to get far in the playoffs. They just have to be competent and not give up backbreaking soft goals regularly.
Absolutely, he’ll help our weak Pk too. Having a two way 2c helps us much better, gives us better matchups in the playoffs. I think he would be great with Nylander.

Hopefully this is another player Tre is familiar with and wants to bring in, perfect replacement for Tavares.

Reactions: aingefan

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I'd rather spend our trade chips on upgrading the blueline or even just draft a center like Hage, Boisvert, or Beaudoin and use Tavares cap to upgrade the center position next year.

Reactions: aingefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad