Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Sergei Kostitsyn a healthy scratch for the Preds, LW and he's Russian

I'll pass. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know Petrell was there, but still. Why even make a line change in the first place is my question when it's a 1-on-1 going the other way.

MountainGoat

low risk high reward move, Predator fans have been saying he's playing well, the effort is there but that team can't score for ****

Kostitsyn - Loki - Kovy

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013

I'll pass. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know Petrell was there, but still. Why even make a line change in the first place is my question when it's a 1-on-1 going the other way.

I can't believe they didn't mention him coming off the ice in that situation on the broadcast.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i dont really think nashville is in a position to be trading skilled forwards, considering they have trouble scoring just like NJ

MountainGoat

i dont really think nashville is in a position to be trading skilled forwards, considering they have trouble scoring just like NJ

they'll sell some pieces off at the deadline, no way they make the playoffs

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Not to mention they're claiming everyone under the sun to try to find offense (Butler and Boychuk). They're only sitting Kostitsyn because of the super brain cramp.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nashville is really hurting. Rinne has 5 shutouts this season, but has been getting pulled every other game lately. Combine that with lack of scoring.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
This is how I find players I think would be good fits here:
1) go to NHL.com
2) go to "stats"
3) go to "players"
4) go to "sort by points"
5) pick a guy who has put up a lot of point = trade for now

Good system no?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is how I find players I think would be good fits here:
1) go to NHL.com
2) go to "stats"
3) go to "players"
4) go to "sort by points"
5) pick a guy who has put up a lot of point = trade for now

Good system no?

Not necessarily. There's always some sort of anomaly. For example James Reimer's save percentage, and Mark Fraser's +16.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Eliott Freidman said what a lot of us have been talking about.

The market is so small right now. A dozen or so teams looking at a group fo 6-10 guys. And it's not a very high end group. Headlined by guys like Iginla and Morrow. And no one wants to take on existing albatross contracts not really knowing how the UFA landscape is going to go this summer.

Will be interesting to see if the market loosens up a little starting Wednesday at the GM meetings.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
please please please please please please

Have to think Nashville realizes how valuable he is though, with their scoring issues lately.

Ya, they definitely know they need him. He won't be moved unless it's an offer they just can't refuse.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Theo Fleury ‏@TheoFleury14
@TSNBobMcKenzie Who hasn't made a bad line change in their career?You play enough hockey it's bound to happen. Gotta smile at the coverage.

One terrible, awful, stupid, line change won't turn a player into a team cancer. SK's been a good player, a reliable 2 way forward for years in Nashville. And we're complaining about our situation but honestly the Preds are in a real mess. Winning for them is only about Rinne able or not to put the team on his back, every day. This helplessness may lead to frustration.

But ihe's another playmaker anyway, this guy just never want to shot the puck.

apice3*

Nashville isn't benching Kostitsyn because they want to get rid of him. They're benching him to tell them team that if you don't want to play hard, you won't play. They're holding players accountable for their mistakes.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Yeah, I don`t think he knew about Pettrell. One way or the other, I`d never go for a change after I lost a puck battle knowing the player who outplayed me has a 1-on-1 situation. Not even if my teammate back there was Lidstrom.

And no offense to Poni, but we should have gone after Wheeler.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
And I know it`s too late to cry over a spilt milk, but speaking of trades/signings we didn`t make.

Name a forward who would be able to pull that off. Aside from Crosby and Kopitar.

apice3*

Ever notice how often the Lightning defense shows up on highlight reels?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Honestly ? Kovalchuk might do that IMO. But I get your point....

1178313705.gif

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Ilya Kovalchuk.

but I agree...
I love him to death and I`m well aware of his passing ability, but no he wouldn`t. That`s a stretch pass only the likes of Forsberg are able to make. Any top Dman could put that in his highlight reel compilation. Incredible play.

Ever notice how often the Lightning defense shows up on highlight reels?
I`ve said this many times, but they`d make a good trading partner... we could use one of their young forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad