GDT: Sabres vs Penguins 7PM - TV MSG/NHL Network- Radio WGR 550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Third period thoughts

- Bensons combination of IQ and fearlessness is one of a kind

- Kulich had a great period

- too many guys letting Pool Party look good

- hits and shoves and pissed off Benson!

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
So I got busy with chores and stuff and didn't make my snack, nor did I get to turn the game on until halfway through the third. And I immediately saw two poolparty goals. So, uh...blame me, I guess.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Lindy brought up how important the guys without the puck are to pushing pace and keeping possession. Yeah…he may not have known a lot about #9 when he took the job…but he knows now.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

giphy.gif

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I thought Byram was their best player.
I've been excited about Benson but I agree with Ruff, I can now see that he may be a special player.
UPL was OK, not great. Window open for Levi for sure.
Thompson and Cozens as their top two centers, I want to see more. They were both engaged, but didn't stand out like they are capable of doing.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
First period felt a little like last year, really playing down to their opponent. If they played against good teams, they'd show up. If they walked in expecting to win (which they probably did with basically their NHL roster in preseason game 1), they'd get pushed around a little. Lots of perimeter play, etc. Not just their first game together though with a number of roster changes, their first preseason game... I think the new mindset and the consistency will take a little bit, but becoming that well oiled machine is possible with this group.

And holy crap, that passing from the Pens on their first PP was nuts lol. Then a tip at the last second. Don't think anyone really expected that in the first few minutes of a preseason game.

Then I stepped away, missed a little bit of the second and missed like 5 goals lol. When guys are in the right spots and engaged, good things will happen. Loved the new 4th lines willingness and ability to hit. Absolutely loved the aggression with any late hits and pokes. I want these guys going to war together every game.

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
It's just so nice to have a good coach again.
And the players know they need to toe the line.

Not just because of the authority of Ruff, but the authority of the fans. The players know that the a lot of fans adore Ruff more than they like the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad