Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
He'd be a good option, but what would he cost? Like the equivalent to what we gave them Arnott for? Like a 2nd round pick + Tallinder or a prospect?

The problem is Ribeiro is in great form this year, that package will not be enough.
If Washington deal him, they will get a first rounder back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The problem is Ribeiro is in great form this year, that package will not be enough.
If Washington deal him, they will get a first rounder back.
Haha they can keep the first rounder then. I wouldn't give them that for a rental like Ribiero. He's not Iginla.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
my favorite part

But it also does not compute that Tortorella would have shifted Gaborik, who had spent his entire career at right wing, to left wing ... and moreover, would have stranded him there for more than two dozen games even after it had become painfully obvious the move was detrimental to the winger’s performance.

:laugh:

seriously though- if the rangers win the 2 games they have in hand, they tie us in points.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
I truly feel if Iginla is ready to move, this is a highly likely move for Lou. He's a veteran, he's extremely serviceable but he's old enough to bring the cost down. Will be interesting to see who offer what. I have a feeling it won't be be extravagant.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know but wasnt an appeal possible? I mean obviously it's been too long since the penalty was handed down. I just don't understand keeping the 29th pick... I like Matteau don't get me wrong, but why would you keep that low pick and chance giving up a high pick, god forbid?

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I truly feel if Iginla is ready to move, this is a highly likely move for Lou. He's a veteran, he's extremely serviceable but he's old enough to bring the cost down. Will be interesting to see who offer what. I have a feeling it won't be be extravagant.

Roster player, top D prospect and a 1st is the asking price...rumored anyway.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Roster player, top D prospect and a 1st is the asking price...rumored anyway.

no chance in hell they deserve a 1st unless it's strictly a low 1st and he resigns. two bodies - 1 prospect and a top 9 offenseman. Let's see who gets the most stupid lol

edit: i could see lou giving an extra body simply because we have a couple of failing prospects in JJ and Teddy.

DevilChuk*

Rumor is that Havlat is available.

Don't know what I'd want to give up for him but he may not be a bad option. He and Elias are BFFs, right?

How would he fit in here? Haven't really watched him the last year or two.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I don't know but wasnt an appeal possible? I mean obviously it's been too long since the penalty was handed down. I just don't understand keeping the 29th pick... I like Matteau don't get me wrong, but why would you keep that low pick and chance giving up a high pick, god forbid?

never thought i'd say this, but lou may have made the right move here :laugh: ...depending on how this season turns out..

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Rumor is that Havlat is available.

Don't know what I'd want to give up for him but he may not be a bad option. He and Elias are BFFs, right?

How would he fit in here? Haven't really watched him the last year or two.

buy low? id love fleischmann personally

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
probably not likely, but possible that lou targets semin from carolina. i would love that. then, next year, lock him up.

i'd love to know if lou made semin an offer over the summer..

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
never thought i'd say this, but lou may have made the right move here :laugh: ...depending on how this season turns out..

Idk If we were to end up with the 15th overall pick for the next 2 years for example, it looks like a poor choice unless Matteau turns into a superstar. It bothers me that we could potentially lose a really high choice over a BS penalty that other teams should have received as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad