Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He didn't even have a good year. He had like 8 good games all season and pulled off like 5 hat tricks. Something like 75% of his goals came in 8 or 10 games.

Stafford sucks.

Exactly.

And if any of you have watched any Buffalo game, he's absolutely atrocious. No effort, no enthusiasm.

If the supposed price is a prospect and a first, than I want no part in him.

apice3*

Except Matteau has a better shot, is more aware in the offensive zone, uses his body both to protect the puck and check people, and is a cannonball on the ice.

So like Afro said, he's a Zubrus clone.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
He didn't even have a good year. He had like 8 good games all season and pulled off like 5 hat tricks. Something like 75% of his goals came in 8 or 10 games.

Stafford sucks.

Yeah, he's kryptonite to Tim Thomas the same way Morozov was kryptonite to Marty. Had like two or three hat tricks against the Bruins a few years ago and somehow milked it into $4M. If Buffalo was smart they would have traded him then and not waited for his value to plummet.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
We won't trade for a big name... our 1st is most likely not in play...no way Jeff let's Lou move the 1st round pick with the draft being in Jersey.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I want Jagr.

We need dynamic offense. We have plenty of two-way, cycling, grinder, role playing forwards. We need dynamic offense.

Kovalchuk, Elias, Loktionov, and Jagr in our top six is fine with me.

Lets' say Jagr for Urbom and a conditonal 2014 pick (2nd or 3rd depending on how far Devils go).

Zubrus-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Ponikarovski-Zajac-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I want Jagr.

We need dynamic offense. We have plenty of two-way, cycling, grinder, role playing forwards. We need dynamic offense.

Lets' say Jagr for Urbom and a conditonal 2014 pick (2nd or 3rd depending on how far Devils go).

Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

**** jagr, get me king loui. Go big mofo haha. Ok never happen, so I'd be ok with jagr. Lou's got good mojo with niewy, but they need jagr atm.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
I want Jagr.

Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Elias and Jagr together

drooling_homer.gif

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
We won't trade for a big name... our 1st is most likely not in play...no way Jeff let's Lou move the 1st round pick with the draft being in Jersey.

I think the 1st is out of play because we have to dump one soon, not because of where the draft is located. The draft is free and will be filled regardless, it would be stupid to turn down a trade because of possible fan backlash.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I want Jagr.

Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

I like those lines but I would switch Zubrus and Jagr. Need an offensive guy on the top line to play with Kovy. Really deep lineup.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think the 1st is out of play because we have to dump one soon, not because of where the draft is located. The draft is free and will be filled regardless, it would be stupid to turn down a trade because of possible fan backlash.

And on top of that, it's simply not Lou-like to care more about fan support at the draft than improving the team. I'm sure Vanderbeek would rather have a deeper playoff run than a chance to stand on the draft podium. Plus there's still a chance Lou suckers someone into giving up a first for a spare D come deadline time.

(I can dream...)

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
I want Jagr.

Elias-Henrique-Jagr
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

That is a nice lineup. Still bums me out that Zajac is nothing more than a third line center right now, but I think that lineup puts everyone where they'd be best. The Devils won't seriously compete until they have enough good players to put CBGB back as the 4th line.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Ribeiro's good and I certainly wouldn't cry if the olympics medalist in diving was coming here but he's another "I'll look for the pass and never want to shot that puck unless it's a penalty shot" player. his shot per game ratio is barely above 1. We need more shots, a lot more.

The best fit in my eyes is definitely a shoot 1st player. It's a pipe dream and to trade for him would hurt us on the long term too but Iginla is the prototypical forward we need.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think I'd wanna trade too much for Iginla unless we got him today. We could be in 10th place by the trade deadline, and then he'll still need a few games or so to adjust. That's why these next two games are absolute must wins. I've said this a million times over the last 3 weeks that the next game is a must win, but this is it. Enough BS already! If we must lose one of them that absolutely need to be OT losses.

apice3*

I don't think Vanderbeek cares whether or not we forfeit the pick. The draft is a free event that is going to sell out regardless, so our 1st rounder will have 0 bearing on revenue. Secondly, I believe he is one of the few owners that is willing to sit back and not get involved with the construction of a roster, and leave that responsibility to his GM. That's pretty much a bi-product of having a guy like Lou at the helm in addition to having an owner who is a fan, unlike someone like Wang who just sees money figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad