Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Also, Detroit is still in need of a defenseman, and they have tons of young forward prospects. Lou could package Tallinder with guys like Josefson, Merrill and Urbom and for a forward prospect who could help the Devils right now. Jarnkrok? Jurco? Tatar? Nyquist? Detroit would probably let go of one of them if they were getting a good young defenseman as well as one that could help them right now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm starting to really think Tallinder will not get a good return. I'm not trashing him cause he was good last time he was in the lineup. Maybe the 2nd best, and some nights best defenseman on the team. He's coming off a major injury last year, and has something wrong with him now. Honestly I think it's possible for him to be bought out after this season. Lou and company have always been more prone to buyout a guy with one year remaining on their contract like Colin White a couple years ago.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tallinder won't get a good return if we're looking for help in the top 6, but he's not worthless. He's on a good contract. Look at what Oduya went for, and his reputation was AWFUL at the time.

Anyway, Stanislav Galiev is a Caps prospect who's been bouncing between the ECHL and Hershey. Trade for him. He's great. DO SOMETHING PLEASE.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tallinder won't get a good return if we're looking for help in the top 6, but he's not worthless. He's on a good contract. Look at what Oduya went for, and his reputation was AWFUL at the time.

Anyway, Stanislav Galiev is a Caps prospect who's been bouncing between the ECHL and Hershey. Trade for him. He's great. DO SOMETHING PLEASE.

I think the injuries would hurt Tallinder's value if anything. I'm willing to do away with Urbom and Burlon too. Last year I remember a couple people saying ''Our blueline in 5 years could be Larsson, Fayne, Burlon, Urbom, Merrill, Gelinas'' just sounds like too much inexperience to me. A defense corp where Fayne and Larsson are the veterans?

It's obvious guys like Urbom, Burlon, etc won't all have a definite spot with all the guys in the pipeline and the hope we can hold onto some guys like Greene, Fayne. I'd be comfortable with Urbom in the lineup next year if Tallinder goes, and hopefully Zidlicky. At the same time he's expendable to me. There's been times in Albany we've had guys being healthy scratches, so room will run out with Merrill and a couple other turning pro soon (Corrente GTFO!) so yeah I'm cool with Urbom and Burlon going.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
And finally, Tyler Bozak might actually be a real good fit here. He'd be the perfect anchor on the 3rd line. He's a great two-way center who's excellent at faceoffs, and he has some skill too. He's been playing above his head for years in Toronto, but I think he'd be lights-out in a "Jarret Stoll" kind of roll.

Henrique - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Elias - Zajac - Zubrus (essentially the geezer line with a better Sykora/Rolston)
Ponikarovsky - Bozak - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Those lines right there will win us games. Loki has two shooters to feed, Zajac can spend 3 minutes a shift along the boards with Zubrus against other teams' top lines, the third line will do whatever the **** it wants, and then CBGB needs no introduction. *PHEW* Time to go to bed. Good night, y'all.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think the injuries would hurt Tallinder's value if anything. I'm willing to do away with Urbom and Burlon too. Last year I remember a couple people saying ''Our blueline in 5 years could be Larsson, Fayne, Burlon, Urbom, Merrill, Gelinas'' just sounds like too much inexperience to me. A defense corp where Fayne and Larsson are the veterans?

It's obvious guys like Urbom, Burlon, etc won't all have a definite spot with all the guys in the pipeline and the hope we can hold onto some guys like Greene, Fayne. I'd be comfortable with Urbom in the lineup next year if Tallinder goes, and hopefully Zidlicky. At the same time he's expendable to me. There's been times in Albany we've had guys being healthy scratches, so room will run out with Merrill and a couple other turning pro soon (Corrente GTFO!) so yeah I'm cool with Urbom and Burlon going.

If there's anyone in the system who has no value, it's Burlon I think. Every team has a guy like that waiting in the wings. He doesn't have enough potential to justify giving up assets when guys like Andy Greene go undrafted every year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If there's anyone in the system who has no value, it's Burlon I think. Every team has a guy like that waiting in the wings. He doesn't have enough potential to justify giving up assets when guys like Andy Greene go undrafted every year.

I don't think he has any value either. In a package possibly? Urbom probably doesn't either, but Urbom has played in I don't know how many NHL games already. A few in the last two seasons before this one. He could be NHL ready on plenty of team probably right?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't think he has any value either. In a package possibly? Urbom probably doesn't either, but Urbom has played in I don't know how many NHL games already. A few in the last two seasons before this one. He could be NHL ready on plenty of team probably right?

I think he would be, and probably on this team too. He's one of the top defensemen on Albany, and teams pay scouts lots of money to know things like that. I think his value is underrated around here because he didn't "stick" despite two strong camps. He was only 20 years old when he made the team under Maclean and that's insanely young for someone who wasn't a top prospect and had yet to play a professional game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he would be, and probably on this team too. He's one of the top defensemen on Albany, and teams pay scouts lots of money to know things like that. I think his value is underrated around here because he didn't "stick" despite two strong camps. He was only 20 years old when he made the team under Maclean and that's insanely young for someone who wasn't a top prospect and had yet to play a professional game.

I forgot what happened to him in 10/11. Did he get hurt? Why was OMG/Corrente/Eckford playing ahead of him later on that season? Or maybe they weren't? I remember him in the opener, and then on the last day of the regular season cause he had that goal against Boston. I don't think he's a must keep, but if worst comes to worse he'd be a great guy to come up next year. I'd feel comfortable with him on the roster. It won't happen unless Tallinder/Zidlicky are both gone. I doubt he's kept in a number 7 role.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And finally, Tyler Bozak might actually be a real good fit here. He'd be the perfect anchor on the 3rd line. He's a great two-way center who's excellent at faceoffs, and he has some skill too. He's been playing above his head for years in Toronto, but I think he'd be lights-out in a "Jarret Stoll" kind of roll.

Elias - Zajac - Zubrus (essentially the geezer line with a better Sykora/Rolston)

Those lines right there will win us games. Loki has two shooters to feed, Zajac can spend 3 minutes a shift along the boards with Zubrus against other teams' top lines, the third line will do whatever the **** it wants, and then CBGB needs no introduction. *PHEW* Time to go to bed. Good night, y'all.

It'd be nice, but Toronto's not selling off pieces, even UFA's to be. There's an increasing amount of pressure for them to make the playoffs every year and they're still in a spot.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Every year we ask Lou for a dirt bike but we end up with a jar of dirt (except that time we got Kovy). I don't think this year will be any different. Worst trade deadline in a long time with the compressed schedule and standings.

I'd just be happy with a good playmaking winger at this point that can play on the 2nd line and maybe some PP abilities -or- a good third line type PKer that can win a faceoff at will.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Every year we ask Lou for a dirt bike but we end up with a jar of dirt (except that time we got Kovy). I don't think this year will be any different. Worst trade deadline in a long time with the compressed schedule and standings.

I'd just be happy with a good playmaking winger at this point that can play on the 2nd line and maybe some PP abilities -or- a good third line type PKer that can win a faceoff at will.

SK74, literally.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I don't see us getting anything special either. We'll probably keep our 8 d-men and trade for a 4th line bum... nothing more.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Henrique is far from a shooter. And he isn't Parise. People need to realize this, they are completely different players. He is also best at center, not leftwing.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
They actually are pretty similar and if we had a better fit at C and faceoffs, he would probably be a better winger.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
They actually are pretty similar and if we had a better fit at C and faceoffs, he would probably be a better winger.

No they aren't. They are similar size maybe but other than not no. Henrique doesn't take half the amount of shots Parise does and he doesn't forecheck like Parise.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Ok on shots and forecheck but Henrique's defensive aggressiveness is better in the neutral and defensive zone. Kid doesn't miss Parise one bit on the PK.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
No they aren't. They are similar size maybe but other than not no. Henrique doesn't take half the amount of shots Parise does and he doesn't forecheck like Parise.

he doesn't have the wheels doesn't mean he doesn't forecheck. If him not taking as many shots doesn't make him Parise then we are looking at different aspects of the game.

He has a good motor without the tenacity and has good hands. Plays the game off the cycle and actually has a better shot than parise you could argue. Definitely a work in progress but no one is saying he is going to be parise right now. The kid is in his second year.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
If you compare their stats Henrique is more a scorer vs playmaker than Parise was. Henrique has amost a 1:1 historical stat of Goals:Assists. Parise had far more assists than goals when in Albany. The amount of shots is directly related to his position at center as a setup man and passing up out of the zone to the wingers. I would not say he is not suitable to be a good winger because his shot % is just as good as Parise's and he has put up good numbers in that regard to this point wherever he's been.

Parise has around a 11% shooting % while Henrique is closer to 13%. If he played wing he would get more shots. His PK numbers tell me he's a goal scorer. Adam already has more SHG's than Parise in 6 less years playing (6 vs 5). As for the forechecking, your wingers are first in to pressure the dump in so yes, Zach would look like the better forechecker.

All that said, I want Adam to stay at center unless we magically find a top line C with great faceoff abilities.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I think that we should take a chance on anyone deemed a 'lazy Russian' because I think playing with Kovy - and seeing his fire - will ignite any of them to play their best hockey.

We're quietly, and rather quickly, becoming a much more Euro-centric team. And we have the lifestyle area, players, coaches, etc. to manage that type of system. Not a bad thing by any means.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If you compare their stats Henrique is more a scorer vs playmaker than Parise was. Henrique has amost a 1:1 historical stat of Goals:Assists. Parise had far more assists than goals when in Albany. The amount of shots is directly related to his position at center as a setup man and passing up out of the zone to the wingers. I would not say he is not suitable to be a good winger because his shot % is just as good as Parise's and he has put up good numbers in that regard to this point wherever he's been.

Parise has around a 11% shooting % while Henrique is closer to 13%. If he played wing he would get more shots. His PK numbers tell me he's a goal scorer. Adam already has more SHG's than Parise in 6 less years playing (6 vs 5). As for the forechecking, your wingers are first in to pressure the dump in so yes, Zach would look like the better forechecker.

All that said, I want Adam to stay at center unless we magically find a top line C with great faceoff abilities.

Post Of The Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad