Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
He is quite the FINNISHer tho....;)

user83559_pic43268_1255723460.gif

well played.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

bone dry pipeline, well thats just dramatic sister. oh datw.

So you don't think our pipeline is bone dry? Who exactly do we have that is a couple of years from making the team? Our best offensive prospects are Matteau, Josefson and to a extent, Reid Boucher.

To me, that's pretty much the definition of bone dry when taking a look at those names.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
So you don't think our pipeline is bone dry? Who exactly do we have that is a couple of years from making the team? Our best offensive prospects are Matteau, Josefson and to a extent, Reid Boucher.

To me, that's pretty much the definition of bone dry when taking a look at those names.

Eh we said the same thing about our D prospects 3 years ago.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Having the best goal scorer in the OHL as a prospect equates to a bone dry system?

The Devils will have to infuse their system with more young talent at forward, no doubt, however this seems like a dramatic overreaction to me.

Like the previous poster said, three years ago we looked great at forward with Josefson, Tedenby, and Henrique, and our defense looked weak. Now it's the other way around. It might be wholly different in another three years.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426

teddy
boom

/conversation
/canada

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Eh we said the same thing about our D prospects 3 years ago.

We do have some good looking prospects at the blueline but let's not get carried away either. Outside of Gélinas and perhaps Merrill, the others are looking solid but are still very young (talking about Severson and Scarlett), wich means that we'll probably have a better feel in the next 2 to 3 years.

As for our forward group, we have no one on the horizon and if we have to wait for Lou to start stockpilling prospects, we'll see them on the team in 4 or 5 years from now... wich is wayyyyyy too long for a team that is depending on veterans like Elias and Zubrus to play a big role in our top 6.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
We do have some good looking prospects at the blueline but let's not get carried away either. Outside of Gélinas and perhaps Merrill, the others are looking solid but are still very young (talking about Severson and Scarlett), wich means that we'll probably have a better feel in the next 2 to 3 years.

As for our forward group, we have no one on the horizon and if we have to wait for Lou to start stockpilling prospects, we'll see them on the team in 4 or 5 years from now... wich is wayyyyyy too long for a team that is depending on veterans like Elias and Zubrus to play a big role in our top 6.

I think you're a little doom and gloom. We're not barren by any stretch of the imagination. I think a lot of teams would love to have JaJo, Tedenby, and Boucher.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Having the best goal scorer in the OHL as a prospect equates to a bone dry system?

The Devils will have to infuse their system with more young talent at forward, no doubt, however this seems like a dramatic overreaction to me.

Like the previous poster said, three years ago we looked great at forward with Josefson, Tedenby, and Henrique, and our defense looked weak. Now it's the other way around. It might be wholly different in another three years.

Didn't I add the name of Boucher in my post :huh:

We can hope that Boucher will translate his game to the pros, but I've seen too many players kill it in juniors, only to see those same guys bomb at the pro level, so I'm not getting my hopes too high in regard to Boucher.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I like our D prospects. I would like to see what team, not counting SJ, would trade their forward prospects for the likes of Tedenby and Josefson though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think it's important to realize how many young players are on the team right now. Henrique and Larsson and Loktionov and Josefson are all prospect-aged players who (for the most part...) are instead helping the team. If we were an old team, I'd be worried. But we're not.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I think you're a little doom and gloom. We're not barren by any stretch of the imagination. I think a lot of teams would love to have JaJo, Tedenby, and Boucher.

:laugh: ... like who?

We don't even want Tedenby, so I don't see why someone else would. Josefson has a solid future if he can add a little more scoring touch to his game and like I just stated, Boucher is a toss up cause despite his AMAZING stats, I've seen too many studs at the junior level turn into ECHL players a year or two later.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I like our D prospects. I would like to see what team, not counting SJ, would trade their forward prospects for the likes of Tedenby and Josefson though.

Trade? Probably not. But add? Sure. Those are high risk, high reward guys that if they ever "get it" have the potential to be special.

The Devils have graduated some really good prospects in the Adams. Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, Matteau, JaJo, Teddy, and Boucher is our next group. I'm sure we will all take 1 D man and 1 forward to graduate from that group and be as effective as the Adams.

Not every prospect pans out. Even blue-chippers fail. Our system is hardly barren. Teams probably drool over our D-Men. It's rare that you have both ends covered and STILL compete for the Cup. Let's not forget we typically draft really low in the first on top of that.

I think we've done an impressive job of reloading consistently.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

We don't even want Tedenby, so I don't see why someone else would. Josefson has a solid future if he can add a little more scoring touch to his game and like I just stated, Boucher is a toss up cause despite his AMAZING stats, I've seen too many studs at the junior level turn into ECHL players a year or two later.

I understand your concerns. They are shared by all. However you can say that about any prospect regardless of their status. Some are more projectable than others but just because Teddy and JaJo are not as projectable as a Hall or a Laarsson doesn't make the poor prospects and doesn't make our system barren.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Trade? Probably not. But add? Sure. Those are high risk, high reward guys that if they ever "get it" have the potential to be special.

The Devils have graduated some really good prospects in the Adams. Merrill, Gelinas, Urbom, Matteau, JaJo, Teddy, and Boucher is our next group. I'm sure we will all take 1 D man and 1 forward to graduate from that group and be as effective as the Adams.

Not every prospect pans out. Even blue-chippers fail. Our system is hardly barren. Teams probably drool over our D-Men. It's rare that you have both ends covered and STILL compete for the Cup. Let's not forget we typically draft really low in the first on top of that.

I think we've done an impressive job of reloading consistently.

not an actual trade, but you said that people would want tedenby and josefson. I'm saying compared to what prospect pool would a team want to have them instead of their top 2 forward prospects. We've either done a poor job identifying forwards from sweden to draft or just have trouble developing some forwards. Personally, Josefson should be able to turn it around and be a 3rd line C, but the tedenby pick blew my mind when it happened and still does now.

Of course teams would love to add them for free, it's free. That is a silly statement. I would take sustr for free this year too.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

I think everyone is giving up on Tedenby way too early. No doubt he's got a hill to climb, especially since the questions aren't about his skill or speed, but about his desire, work ethic, defensive game and size.

I think Lemaire got through to him on the Dgame, and I think he has the desire. Whether he'll work at it and whether he'll spend some time in the gym or ever have the size to play in the league is for us to see the next few years.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'm not sweating the pipeline because the first 2 rounds produce pixie dust just as often as the 3rd and 4th rounders produce gold. Even after some time displaying his talents the jury was still out for some on Henrique.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=527585

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=943577

This is just evidence of how little scouting can forecast success. It may forecast absolute failures pre-draft, but once they're in the system and developing, you never know what might get.

ForrestGump.jpg

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

This is an honest question. Not trying to bait you, or flame, etc. But I'm completely serious.

Do you ever like anything the Devils do?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm not sweating the pipeline because the first 2 rounds produce pixie dust just as often as the 3rd and 4th rounders produce gold. Even after some time displaying his talents the jury was still out for some on Henrique.

This is just evidence of how little scouting can forecast success. It may forecast absolute failures pre-draft, but once they're in the system and developing, you never know what might get.

ForrestGump.jpg

Good point. Chances are that a guy that we don't spend most of our one taking about will be the best player of the bunch haha. I still think we should try to do some prospect swapping with other teams just so the odds that we get a forward that pans out increases.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
not an actual trade, but you said that people would want tedenby and josefson. I'm saying compared to what prospect pool would a team want to have them instead of their top 2 forward prospects. We've either done a poor job identifying forwards from sweden to draft or just have trouble developing some forwards. Personally, Josefson should be able to turn it around and be a 3rd line C, but the tedenby pick blew my mind when it happened and still does now.

Of course teams would love to add them for free, it's free. That is a silly statement. I would take sustr for free this year too.

I just get the impression some believe these guys have absolutely no value. That's not true.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

ForrestGump.jpg

That definitely isn't true.
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/4/4/2082829/nhl-draft-pick-value-first-round

A mid first round pick is just as valuable as 2nd - 7th round picks combined.

With that said, scouts know very little. You could pick players simply based off junior PPG adjusted for age and do just as well if not better than NHL scouts over the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad