Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
If you compare their stats Henrique is more a scorer vs playmaker than Parise was. Henrique has amost a 1:1 historical stat of Goals:Assists. Parise had far more assists than goals when in Albany. The amount of shots is directly related to his position at center as a setup man and passing up out of the zone to the wingers. I would not say he is not suitable to be a good winger because his shot % is just as good as Parise's and he has put up good numbers in that regard to this point wherever he's been.

Parise has around a 11% shooting % while Henrique is closer to 13%. If he played wing he would get more shots. His PK numbers tell me he's a goal scorer. Adam already has more SHG's than Parise in 6 less years playing (6 vs 5). As for the forechecking, your wingers are first in to pressure the dump in so yes, Zach would look like the better forechecker.

All that said, I want Adam to stay at center unless we magically find a top line C with great faceoff abilities.

It is plainly obvious that Henrique is not as good a forechecker as Parise, regardless of position. I've seen Henrique in Albany since 2010 and while he is more tenacious than your average player, he is not the demon that Zach is.

Henrique will shoot more as he gets older and more experienced, however Zach would still post 250+ shots at center.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Elias - Malkin - Kovalchuk
Henrique - Zajac - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Loktionov - Zubrus
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I just ... oh my

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Elias-Malkin-Kovalchuk
Henrique-Loktionov-Kuznetsov
Boucher-Zajac-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Bernier

2014 wet dreams.

------------------------------

Barch-Kostopoulos-Sestito

Real life

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Our forward depth is a laughing stock and our pipeline is bone dry. Someting needs to happen cause this is turning out to be a massive joke.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Laughing stock ? ain't even close man.... I mean Pesonen is currently a 2nd liner....

tumblr_mjvvapoB7u1s8js9io1_400.gif

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
:laugh:

Maybe we can just sign Perry this summer and replenish our forwards.

Dude...Anaheim re-signed Perry yesterday...8 years $69 million

Our potential for 2013 forward depth (forget this year) is looking grim. Stefan Matteau and Reid Boucher are both at least a year away from being ready for the big show. With Getzlaf and Perry locked up, the biggest free agent forwards of 2013 include Elias and Clarkson...that's how dried up the market is. Edmonton might be willing to part with one of their toys in the offseason for an NHL-ready defenseman plus one of our D-man prospects. Our best hopes are to take advantage of this upcoming draft, a deep one, and pull out all of the stops in 2014 for the Evgeni Malkin sweepstakes.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We need to stop beating around the bush and just realise that our forward depth is pure garbage, we have no one on the horizon in Albany or the junior ranks and we'll get close to nothing if we intend on improving our offense by moving one of our highly paid, aging, veteran blueliner.

We need to start stockpilling some prospects and stop moving draft picks cause that might be fine now but it isn't helping our case in the long run.

The only reason I'd move more picks is to acquire young talent like we did with Lokti but there's no way I'd consider moving our 1st or 2nd round pick in this years draft. If one of our d-men can land us a top #90 pick, I'd be more then happy with that return.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I think that we should take a chance on anyone deemed a 'lazy Russian' because I think playing with Kovy - and seeing his fire - will ignite any of them to play their best hockey.

We're quietly, and rather quickly, becoming a much more Euro-centric team. And we have the lifestyle area, players, coaches, etc. to manage that type of system. Not a bad thing by any means.

im ok with this. its worked out pretty well for the canucks and wings etc. of course more for the wings haha. poor vancouver:laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad