Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
You know, I'm sure I would be in the minority on this but I'd almost rather give Lack a try as backup goalie than Brossoit.

I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for the guy as I remember when he first joined the Canucks organization, his first 2 AHL years were very good (.925 sv%) and Nucks fans were very high on him. His firsr 2 NHL seasons w/ the Nucks were not bad at all, then he got traded to Carolina and it seemed like his numbers and game just went into the toilet. In the early games that I watched him, I was quite impressed.

I guess also part of it is that I have very little faith in Brossoit's ability to be a competent backup. Frankly I'd be surprised if LB is even with the organization by this time next year.

Reactions: Aerrol and voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Our breakouts are still horrible. My eyes bleed watching the D try to make an outlet pass.

I don’t think our D is so bad - just movment inept. We allow a reasonable shots against per game and I like how we cycle in the Ozone.

If Chia makes a panic trade I’m done with him. Futures or Bear/Jones for an better D man sure... but not a Draisaitl or Nuge.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
lets put the crazy hat on for a moment

BJS/Oilers

Nuge and 2018 first to BJS for Ryan Murray and Pierre Luc Dubois?

So a Dman who isn't worth a 1st round pick and a project for Nuge and our 1st?

If the point is to rebuild you don't trade away our 1st round pick to make the team significantly worse in the short term

Maybe we should have just dealt Gagner for B. Schenn 3/4 years ago. Man how the majority of people here hated that idea.:laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So a Dman who isn't worth a 1st round pick and a project for Nuge and our 1st?

If the point is to rebuild you don't trade away our 1st round pick to make the team significantly worse in the short term

Maybe we should have just dealt Gagner for B. Schenn 3/4 years ago. Man how the majority of people here hated that idea.:laugh:
I've wanted that guy for so long already. Physical 20g guy that can play wing or center, but apparently was garbage

Jimmi really loved him too :naughty:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The CBJ chatter I was thinking maybe Letestu for Calvert? Both are UFAs, cap hits are fairly similar. I know we're loaded at LW, but Calvert definitely helps with team speed and depth on the bottom six and PK. CBJ has some young Fs trying to break in so maybe they're ready to move on from Calvert for a cheaper option?

Lucic - McDavid - Caggiula
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Cammalleri - Strome - Puljujarvi
Calvert - Khaira - Kassian
Pakarinen

Slepyshev traded/ to AHL
Possible Kelly signing?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
You know, I'm sure I would be in the minority on this but I'd almost rather give Lack a try as backup goalie than Brossoit.

I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for the guy as I remember when he first joined the Canucks organization, his first 2 AHL years were very good (.925 sv%) and Nucks fans were very high on him. His firsr 2 NHL seasons w/ the Nucks were not bad at all, then he got traded to Carolina and it seemed like his numbers and game just went into the toilet. In the early games that I watched him, I was quite impressed.

I guess also part of it is that I have very little faith in Brossoit's ability to be a competent backup. Frankly I'd be surprised if LB is even with the organization by this time next year.

No we dont want Lack--he is as bad as his numbers. It did not take long for scouts to figure him out and he has not changed his style or can not change it

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
There is no way to 'turn' this team around. The defence is so horrible. Sekera was our best by far last year, but let's not forget how brutal he was the year prior. Everyone waiting and hoping for him to return and save this team is going to be rudely awakened.

We need two defencemen better than anyone we have, and that is going to take a lot of assets and a lot of cap space. Mike Green and one of OEL/Weber should do the trick. Draisaitl, , Klefbom, and 1st round picks going the other way in those deals. Something like that anyway. It makes us a better team. Weber teaches Nurse how to become a star defender, and our defence transforms from not being able to pass pucks to being able to pass pucks. Not to mention our PP becomes lethal.

Weber
Gallagher

Draisaitl
Jones/Bear
1st round pick 2018
1st round pick 2019

================

Green
Nielson

Klefbom
pick(s)

Maroon-McDavid-Gallagher
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Nielson-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Strome

Nurse-Weber
Sekera-Larsson
Russell-Green
That weber proposal is the worst I have seen on these boards in a long time

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We can trade RNH if we're getting an equal value back in another area.
I have zero confidence Chia is capable of that and, therefore, no interest in trading him.
The Letestu, Nuge for Jenner, Anderson, Murray deal wouldn't actually be too bad to be honest.
Cagguila - McDavid - Anderson
Lucic - Drai - Puljujarvi
Jenner - Strome - Slepyshev
Maroon - Khaira - Cammaleri

Nurse - Larrsson
Klefbom - Sekera
Murray - Russell/Benning

Pretty solid defense

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
The Letestu, Nuge for Jenner, Anderson, Murray deal wouldn't actually be too bad to be honest.
Cagguila - McDavid - Anderson
Lucic - Drai - Puljujarvi
Jenner - Strome - Slepyshev
Maroon - Khaira - Cammaleri

Nurse - Larrsson
Klefbom - Sekera
Murray - Russell/Benning

Pretty solid defense
Still no right shot puck moving D.
Don't need anymore lefties.
To me, moving RNH would have to address specific needs. 1 for 1.
Don't know much about Anderson though.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Still no right shot puck moving D.
Don't need anymore lefties.
To me, moving RNH would have to address specific needs. 1 for 1.
Don't know much about Anderson though.
Young big right shot forward (6'3", 220lbs, 23years old) 11 points, 8 goals this year. Seems to be breaking out right now. He looks like a younger right shot Maroon.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I was thinking something like that, but a little different.

To CLB: Nuge and Letestu

To EDM: Anderson, Jenner and Murray

A little different? You quoted a trade that was bad for the Oilers and proposed a trade that is poor for Columbus. I don't see a trade to be had between the two that really works for both sides.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Young big right shot forward (6'3", 220lbs, 23years old) 11 points, 8 goals this year. Seems to be breaking out right now. He looks like a younger right shot Maroon.
Value wise it's alright but we're still giving away the better player. I don't think that's how you improve your team of you continue doing that. That's why I don't see RNH moving at all.

Chiarelli would be better suited making smaller deals right now not unlike the Cammalleri one. We're not in a position to buy, but if he has an opportunity to improve on our weaknesses he should do so.

Two moves I like: Letestu for Calvert. Slepyshev for Paul.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
So he'd probably solve the right wing issue. Jenner' fine. Not really interested in Murray.
Not sure why they'd move all that out if he's that good.
Regardless, history tells us Chia will not win an RNH trade. I'd just keep him.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
If we crawl into a playoff spot by the deadline i'd like to do something like this, i feel it would make us a contender if our Defense is all healthy and while i don't want to spend assets on a pure rental like Neal would likely be, getting Haula would be huge going forward.

2018 1st + Strome + 2019 2nd +Prospect

for

Neal + Haula

Maroon - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - Nuge - Neal
Drake - Haula - PoolParty
Slepy/Camaleri - Testy - Kassian

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Trading Hall for Larsson was one of the most ballsy things I've ever seen a GM do. Right up there with trading Seguin (haha). No, I'm not making fun of Chirelli, or at least I don't think I am.

Some things have backfired on him to be sure, but I still have faith in him; I know most of you don't. Bad trades? Like really bad trades? How about Sundin for Clark, or Leeman for Gilmour (yeah, I'm old). Those are horrendous trades.

I STILL don't think Hall for Larsson is that far off. And Strome is growing on me. I would much rather have Strome than Eberle, I'm sorry to say. He at least has moments where he plays the right way. I know most don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad