Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Trading Hall for Larsson was one of the most ballsy things I've ever seen a GM do. Right up there with trading Seguin (haha). No, I'm not making fun of Chirelli, or at least I don't think I am.

Some things have backfired on him to be sure, but I still have faith in him; I know most of you don't. Bad trades? Like really bad trades? How about Sundin for Clark, or Leeman for Gilmour (yeah, I'm old). Those are horrendous trades.

I STILL don't think Hall for Larsson is that far off. And Strome is growing on me. I would much rather have Strome than Eberle, I'm sorry to say. He at least has moments where he plays the right way. I know most don't agree.

How about Barzal and let's say Carlo or Aho for ... nothing?

Reactions: Consultant

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
How about Barzal and let's say Carlo or Aho for ... nothing?

I didn't mind the deal at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. I know how much people like to pretend it was foresight.

If we are going to do things this way, we might as well talk about how bad the Kelly for Doan trade was I guess.

Edit:
Also would like to add that previous management would have beaten the Reinhart thing to death. He might still be on our roster.

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I didn't mind the deal at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. I know how much people like to pretend it was foresight.

If we are going to do things this way, we might as well talk about how bad the Kelly for Doan trade was I guess.

Not in this scenario.
Barzal was always gonna be a stud and Reinhart was always gonna be a flop. Wasn't very hard to see.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
You know, I'm sure I would be in the minority on this but I'd almost rather give Lack a try as backup goalie than Brossoit.

I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for the guy as I remember when he first joined the Canucks organization, his first 2 AHL years were very good (.925 sv%) and Nucks fans were very high on him. His firsr 2 NHL seasons w/ the Nucks were not bad at all, then he got traded to Carolina and it seemed like his numbers and game just went into the toilet. In the early games that I watched him, I was quite impressed.

I guess also part of it is that I have very little faith in Brossoit's ability to be a competent backup. Frankly I'd be surprised if LB is even with the organization by this time next year.

I also had the same thought. I have no faith in Brossoit. But Lack also was awful this year. Surely we could make a minor trade for someone better. Lagace in Vegas once their injured tenders get back?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I saw Barzal like Hemsky. A good playmaker but poor goal scorer who’s career will be plagued by injury. Why we traded for a LD prospect that was trending downward while we were stacked at LD and desperately needed a top 4 RD still baffles me.

Reactions: OilDrop37

North

Jun 25, 2009
Trading Hall for Larsson was one of the most ballsy things I've ever seen a GM do. Right up there with trading Seguin (haha). No, I'm not making fun of Chirelli, or at least I don't think I am.

Some things have backfired on him to be sure, but I still have faith in him; I know most of you don't. Bad trades? Like really bad trades? How about Sundin for Clark, or Leeman for Gilmour (yeah, I'm old). Those are horrendous trades.

I STILL don't think Hall for Larsson is that far off. And Strome is growing on me. I would much rather have Strome than Eberle, I'm sorry to say. He at least has moments where he plays the right way. I know most don't agree.

I'm with you on Hall/Larsson and Eberle/Strome. Considering usage, for 3.5 million more dollars, Eberle has all of 4 more points in 1 less game.

Hopefully Strome gets some steady line mates and a chance at creating some chemistry with them. In all honesty, I don't think McLellan has put Strome in a position to succeed. Hopefully that changes now.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Not in this scenario.
Barzal was always gonna be a stud and Reinhart was always gonna be a flop. Wasn't very hard to see.

What can I say except your powers of foresight are better than mine. Again, at the time, I didn't mind the trade. I also didn't know we were drafting Barzal. I don't know how much more hockey I'd have to watch to know all these things. Perhaps I am not very good at predicting.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I saw Barzal like Hemsky. A good playmaker but poor goal scorer who’s career will be plagued by injury. Why we traded for a LD prospect that was trending downward while we were stacked at LD and desperately needed a top 4 RD still baffles me.

We needed NHL ready d and I think Bob Green convinced Chia that Reinhart was ready.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I also had the same thought. I have no faith in Brossoit. But Lack also was awful this year. Surely we could make a minor trade for someone better. Lagace in Vegas once their injured tenders get back?

Brossoit is barely an NHL backup and the amount of games that Talbots plays shows What TM thinks of him.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We are a fan base who cares more about Hall for Larsson trade and Ebs for Strome trade than they do with 16th+33rd picks for nothing. That's messed up

I don't even care about Hall at this point. I can only imagine how good the Oilers would be with Barzal and Aho

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
We are a fan base who cares more about Hall for Larsson trade and Ebs for Strome trade than they do with 16th+33rd picks for nothing. That's messed up

I don't even care about Hall at this point. I can only imagine how good the Oilers would be with Barzal and Aho

Because those picks never played for us. Far less emotional attachment. But yeah, it was a ridiculously bad trade.

North

Jun 25, 2009

I actually think in many ways that trade set us back. I don't know that I needed them to make the picks but I do know that I needed them to get a better d man in return.

Maybe then we wouldn't have had to do Hall/Larsson (a trade I'm okay with because at the time we needed Larsson).

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
What can I say except your powers of foresight are better than mine. Again, at the time, I didn't mind the trade. I also didn't know we were drafting Barzal. I don't know how much more hockey I'd have to watch to know all these things. Perhaps I am not very good at predicting.

... if you didn't mind Reinhart for 16th + 33rd ....

We weren't taking Barzal likely Erikson Ek or Svechnikov which shows how pathetic the Oilers are at ranking players considering how heavily we follow the WHL. Barzal was and is an absolute steal at 16 no way around it.

Last edited by a moderator:

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Something is seriously wrong with Eddie Lack. I'd steer clear. He needs to go back to Europe and figure things out.

I doubt it would take much to get Calvin Pickard from the Leafs. I thought he wasn't too bad with the Avs, certainly not the reason were so terrible last year. He'd be an upgrade on Brossoit IMO.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Barzal can play center and is alot phycially and mentally stronger. Oh and he's alot smarter too, that's one of his best attributes extremely smart and shifty player. I watched him a ton in junior.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I shouldnt stay focused on past moves, nothing we can do now.
I still say we go for it this season, stranger things have happened. Acquire Neal, our D can hold the fort until Sekera comes back and Talbs will bounce back like he always does

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

It could be worse. We could have been Anaheim and lost Theodore and a 1st but I get what you’re saying. Even if Vegas picked someone else Reinhart would be lucky to make the team.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not in this scenario.

I don’t understand this line of thinking. We weren’t taking Barzal even if we kept the pick, so who cares that he’s had a good start? Our pick was either Svechnikov or Samsonov.

Reactions: Shathar

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I actually think in many ways that trade set us back. I don't know that I needed them to make the picks but I do know that I needed them to get a better d man in return.

Maybe then we wouldn't have had to do Hall/Larsson (a trade I'm okay with because at the time we needed Larsson).

If Boston traded is Hamilton it probably means we don’t trade Hall for Larsson since we wouldn’t be as desperate for a RD. With Hall on the team we don’t sign Lucic but eventually Hall, Eberle and RNH would get traded due to the cap but the return for Hall might have been better when we traded him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I was thinking something like that, but a little different.

To CLB: Nuge and Letestu

To EDM: Anderson, Jenner and Murray

Watched a little of the CBJ and Flames last night, not sure why CBJ would even consider moving Anderson.

That deal is terribly lopsided for the Oilers IMO.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I don’t understand this line of thinking. We weren’t taking Barzal even if we kept the pick, so who cares that he’s had a good start? Our pick
That only means our scouts were out to lunch as well.
Those guys would also be better assets than a D who no team bothered to pick up for free on waivers.
Dumb trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad