Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Why did we waive Paigin exactly? I understand we were close to max contracts, but what could Chia be up to? Calling up Stanton at the same time is kind of looming. Makes me think a trade for a Dman is definitely incoming. Thoughts?

because he sucks and although big--he will never be good enough to wash Chara's Jock strap

Paigin was barely a KHL player

SOME posters wanted to see what they wanted to see in him

he has zero hockey IQ

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
But to waive Paigin? Screams trade incoming.
Seems like a dumb thing to do, but I'm sure Paigin didn't want to stay in the AHL given how low his usage was and the amount of healthy scratches, not the first time we've had a Russian player who wanted to bail on the AHL team mid-season.

Though I do hope we have plans for the open contract spot now that we have it, say picking up Jannik Hansen on the cheap.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
While Larsson is on the ice the Oilers GA/60 at evens is 3.16 (2.41 GF/60)
While Klefbom is on the ice the Oilers GA/60 at evens is 4.58 (2.29 GF/60)

Klefbom is a severe net negative out there currently whereas Larsson is sinking but still thrashing and trying to stay afloat. Klefbom has drowned completely.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why did we waive Paigin exactly? I understand we were close to max contracts, but what could Chia be up to? Calling up Stanton at the same time is kind of looming. Makes me think a trade for a Dman is definitely incoming. Thoughts?
Opening up a roster spot to sign Chris Kelly after we trade Letestu.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
because he sucks and although big--he will never be good enough to wash Chara's Jock strap

Paigin was barely a KHL player

SOME posters wanted to see what they wanted to see in him

he has zero hockey IQ

this board really is the best

"Larsson sucks" and "why would we waive paigin" in the same thread

Reactions: oilers'72

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
this board really is the best

"Larsson sucks" and "why would we waive paigin" in the same thread
Does anyone actually say Larsson sucks?
A lot of people question the Hall trade, some question the belief that he's a top pairing D.
Nobody says he sucks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Like I said main board. A trade could happen, but it would happen regardless if Paigin was here or not.

Guys don't just agree to terminate their contract. Not unless they are the ones asking for it.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Off topic from the woe is me, I miss Taylor Hall discussion across every thread on this board...

I think it would be a decent move to call Ottawa to kick tires on Nick Paul. With the Gabriel Dumont claim, he just got another hurdle to jump over in that organization. He's a big kid, moves decently, good two way player, good on the draw and he's waiver exempt. He'll have an opportunity here this year and next. The cost can't be that high IMO.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Read Petrovic is a guy FLA is looking to move. Seems like someone we should be all over. I know he isn't a major upgrade, but younger physical guy that wants a larger role. Could be a Gryba replacement.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
There is no way to 'turn' this team around. The defence is so horrible. Sekera was our best by far last year, but let's not forget how brutal he was the year prior. Everyone waiting and hoping for him to return and save this team is going to be rudely awakened.

We need two defencemen better than anyone we have, and that is going to take a lot of assets and a lot of cap space. Mike Green and one of OEL/Weber should do the trick. Draisaitl, , Klefbom, and 1st round picks going the other way in those deals. Something like that anyway. It makes us a better team. Weber teaches Nurse how to become a star defender, and our defence transforms from not being able to pass pucks to being able to pass pucks. Not to mention our PP becomes lethal.

Weber
Gallagher

Draisaitl
Jones/Bear
1st round pick 2018
1st round pick 2019

================

Green
Nielson

Klefbom
pick(s)

Maroon-McDavid-Gallagher
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Nielson-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Strome

Nurse-Weber
Sekera-Larsson
Russell-Green

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
There is no way to 'turn' this team around. The defence is so horrible. Sekera was our best by far last year, but let's not forget how brutal he was the year prior. Everyone waiting and hoping for him to return and save this team is going to be rudely awakened.

We need two defencemen better than anyone we have, and that is going to take a lot of assets and a lot of cap space. Mike Green and one of OEL/Weber should do the trick. Draisaitl, , Klefbom, and 1st round picks going the other way in those deals. Something like that anyway. It makes us a better team. Weber teaches Nurse how to become a star defender, and our defence transforms from not being able to pass pucks to being able to pass pucks. Not to mention our PP becomes lethal.

Weber
Gallagher

Draisaitl
Jones/Bear
1st round pick 2018
1st round pick 2019

================

Green
Nielson

Klefbom
pick(s)

Maroon-McDavid-Gallagher
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Nielson-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Strome

Nurse-Weber
Sekera-Larsson
Russell-Green

Chia has an HF account. Confirmed. :sarcasm:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The only teams that would be willing to trade at this point in the season is other struggling teams. We’d have to look at teams like Buffalo, Arizona, Florida and Montreal. What do they have what we want and what do we have that they need?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Draisaitl + 1st round pick was the asking price for Subban, which I would argue is close to fair. That was before Draisaitl was signed to a gigantic contract too. Gallagher is worth a 1st as well.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Draisaitl + 1st round pick was the asking price for Subban, which I would argue is close to fair. That was before Draisaitl was signed to a gigantic contract too. Gallagher is worth a 1st as well.
It was also before Draisaitl finished top 10 in league scoring. Also, Subban > Weber if you have seen MTL games.. I wouldnt trade RNH for this version of Weber let alone throw in multiple 1sts on top of Draisaitl.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Weber is playing injured on a faltering team and would still be on pace for ~60 points. Are we watching the same guy?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Who knows what you are watching because every single proposal you post is asinine and makes Chia look somewhat respectable.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015

That was also prior to Leon's break out. Weber's contract is more of an albatross then Drai's, so then in no way shape or form is Montreal requiring more Edmonton assets in the Hypothetical deal

North

Jun 25, 2009
Weber is playing injured on a faltering team and would still be on pace for ~60 points. Are we watching the same guy?

He's great offensively and just so-so defensively and has a cap hit of approximately 7.9 until 2025-2026. He's 32 right now.

We need a defender who can defend and we need to up team speed.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Regressing from last season would have been completely understandable. He was a top 2 dman last year and there were many times when he was the best dman in his pairing.

Now he has regressed to the point were he probably shouldn't be in the lineup...who saw that coming?

He was looking like a top D the year before prior to his freak injury as well.

I keep thinking back to the start of the year when he had nothing on his shot; I suspected a nagging injury then and I still wonder if that's the case.

I think he's going to be fine if he doesn't get Petry'd.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

This is one of the worst trade proposals in the history of trade proposals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad