Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think Fayne would be better than current Klefbom.

Fayne would actually be able to defend somewhat. Klefbom is in no man's land so much that I have no clue what's happening with him.

The question I have is, what if Klefbom is part of a package to upgrade his spot? Who do we target and who do we package with him if we have to?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Remember when people said we needed to trade Hall for Larsson because we needed to fix the D and now the D is still trash and the forwards mostly suck?

That doesn't take into account the loss of Sekera and the loss of Klefbom's brain.

With Sekera this d would be better.

Trading for Larsson was still the right move.

The problem is we're down two competent d men (Sekera and Klefbom). There's nothing that having Hall and not Larsson could do to fix that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really don't know that I'm moving Klef unless we are getting a #1 back for him.

Even if Klef can never become a top pairing d-man, I;m not against keeping him on the 2nd pairing.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like the most tradeable asset we have is Maroon.

straight across for increased team speed

other than Kreider, who would be a good target?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
No, like the team is basically done, things are going very poor. Why would you buy, you create cap space and collect futures, then sign UFAs and make trades last year. Eberle wasn't an option to keep, the Narrative had gone too far, and Pouliot is useless, don't let overachieving confuse you, he was just SO done last year.
if overachieving is still an issue why is letestu getting PP time? and pouliot was good for a few o zone penalites but at least he wasn't completely blowing d zone coverage and when he got ozone penalties at least we were in the ozone.

and eberle 100% did not need to go, people are quick to point out the lack of scoring in the playoffs but forget that respect that other teams have to give him in th ozone and the space it creates for his linemates. I can assure you NOONE is afraid of ryan strome in any zone

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
We should be targeting Faulk, He's having a bit of an off season, good cap, could probably be had for a reasonable deal.
Barrie would also be nice but cant imagine the cost...

I would absolutely be trying to get Faulk for something around RNH.

I don't really think it would work though, and I don't know what else would be able to offer.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Remember when people said we needed to trade Hall for Larsson because we needed to fix the D and now the D is still trash and the forwards mostly suck?
except for the fact that last year we were one win away from the conference finals and this year we are fighting the sabres and coyotes for last again

hall for Larsson needed to be done. eberle for strome did not

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
except for the fact that last year we were one win away from the conference finals and this year we are fighting the sabres and coyotes for last again

Yeah and Larsson was maybe the sixth or seventh most important player on that team last year. He's a tire fire this year too, juts not as visibly so as Klef because he's so limited in his role.

The gap between Larsson and whatever they could have found in UFA or on the trade market for a lower cost is an order of magnitude smaller than the gap between Hall and a potential replacement (as Lucic keeps proving).

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
We should really be looking at our assets and trying to leverage teams to cough up assets for Maroon, Letestu and whoever is not in our long term plan. Would it be feasible to get a first for Maroon? Quite possible pending the market.

Mind you this will be decided by Chia who I've had full support of until last year when he insensibly bought out Poo and shipped Eberle out for Scraps so hard to say

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yeah and Larsson was maybe the sixth or seventh most important player on that team last year. He's a tire fire this year too, juts not as visibly so as Klef because he's so limited in his role.

The gap between Larsson and whatever they could have found in UFA or on the trade market for a lower cost is an order of magnitude smaller than the gap between Hall and a potential replacement (as Lucic keeps proving).

You’ve made that comment about Larsson a couple times now. Just curious who you think the 6 guys are that were more important?

McDavid, Talbot, Draisaitl.....?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

We would still be were we are with Ebs.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You’ve made that comment about Larsson a couple times now. Just curious who you think the 6 guys are that were more important?

Last year I'd say McDavid, Drai, Talbot, Sekera, Klefbom and Maroon were bigger factors to success.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Maroon, Kefblom, Kassian, Letestu, larson

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I feel like the most tradeable asset we have is Maroon.

straight across for increased team speed

other than Kreider, who would be a good target?
The most 'tradeable' asset we have right now is Letestu IMO. He's a well-travelled veteran who is respected in multiple franchises and is a known special teams contributor. Also an impending UFA at a respectable cap hit.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Last year I'd say McDavid, Drai, Talbot, Sekera, Klefbom and Maroon were bigger factors to success.
Many would argue that without Larsson's stabilizing that pairing, Klefbom's season is nowhere near as impressive last season. Larsson is a force back there.

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Why did we waive Paigin exactly? I understand we were close to max contracts, but what could Chia be up to? Calling up Stanton at the same time is kind of looming. Makes me think a trade for a Dman is definitely incoming. Thoughts?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Larsson thing is a Narrative that "still pissed about the Hall trade because we can't see the reality people" are pushing so the "consensus" becomes this Narrative about Larsson, instead of the reality of the player.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Why did we waive Paigin exactly? I understand we were close to max contracts, but what could Chia be up to? Calling up Stanton at the same time is kind of looming. Makes me think a trade for a Dman is definitely incoming. Thoughts?
McLellan was talking about Benning being a game time decision tonight, sounds like he tweaked his groin last night in his fight.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Many would argue that without Larsson's stabilizing that pairing, Klefbom's season is nowhere near as impressive last season. Larsson is a force back there.

His numbers this year away from Klef are almost identical to 77's, so I'm not sure I buy the argument he was zooming Klefbom.

Larsson is a very good defender. But that's literally all he does.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

Paigin was on unconditonal waivers(ie - contract termination)

He's going back to Russia.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

because he sucks and although big--he will never be good enough to wash Chara's Jock strap

Paigin was barely a KHL player

SOME posters wanted to see what they wanted to see in him

he has zero hockey IQ

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was probably as expected as people claiming he'd be better than he was last year. Klef shouldn't be this bad, but he wasn't going to be as good as a lot of people made him out to be

Regressing from last season would have been completely understandable. He was a top 2 dman last year and there were many times when he was the best dman in his pairing.

Now he has regressed to the point were he probably shouldn't be in the lineup...who saw that coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad