Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
His parents blew it all...well...most of it. You should probably read up on it.

You should probably not be a jerk.

I'm well aware of the case. The fact that it was his parents make for all the more reason to be leery of this guy. He's a grown man. How do you trust his decision making on the ice when he makes such horrible choices with his personal life. At what age should a grown man cut the apron strings?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why the hell would we deal our only position of strength? People need to stop suggesting moving RNH or Drai. The only thing we have going right now is center depth.
I didn't suggest that I would make that deal, I just tried to come up with a reasonable proposal meeting the poster I quoted's criteria.

I think its a little bit simplistic to think that trading a centre couldn't help the team though. Yes its a position of strength, but its also a position of strength we're not utilizing with Draisaitl on the wing. If you could add a #1D who has a very good offensive game and still retain a #1 and #2C then you're probably in a better spot than you were. I don't think RNH is near enough to get OEL if he makes it clear to Arizona he won't be re-signing there, unless of course they're looking for a package of draft picks+prospects on top of Nuge. If he were made available and was willing to sign here a Draisaitl swap is at least something to consider given the current utilization of those 3 centres. Two top 6 centres and a #1D is more valuable to a team than 2 top 6 centres, and a top 6 centre being played at wing.

You don't have to have 1 position of strength. The best teams often have multiple positions of strength.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You should probably not be a jerk.

I'm well aware of the case. The fact that it was his parents make for all the more reason to be leery of this guy. He's a grown man. How do you trust his decision making on the ice when he makes such horrible choices with his personal life. At what age should a grown man cut the apron strings?
Maybe he was misled by people who he trusted? Maybe those people got into bed with the wrong people who offered them high interest loans in his name based on his future earnings? Call me a jerk, but I'm not sure how you can blame a guy who now hates his parents because they colossally ****ed him over if you were well aware of the case.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I didn't suggest that I would make that deal, I just tried to come up with a reasonable proposal meeting the poster I quoted's criteria.

I think its a little bit simplistic to think that trading a centre couldn't help the team though. Yes its a position of strength, but its also a position of strength we're not utilizing with Draisaitl on the wing. If you could add a #1D who has a very good offensive game and still retain a #1 and #2C then you're probably in a better spot than you were. I don't think RNH is near enough to get OEL if he makes it clear to Arizona he won't be re-signing there, unless of course they're looking for a package of draft picks+prospects on top of Nuge. If he were made available and was willing to sign here a Draisaitl swap is at least something to consider given the current utilization of those 3 centres. Two top 6 centres and a #1D is more valuable to a team than 2 top 6 centres, and a top 6 centre being played at wing.

You don't have to have 1 position of strength. The best teams often have multiple positions of strength.

You don't have to have 1 position of strength. The best teams often have multiple positions of strength.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely and we only have 1 that’s the point. We can’t afford in anyway to deal a C right now. Especially because we need Drai at RW ATM.

I want a number 1 d as much as everyone else but I’m not willing to gut our only position of depth to get one.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Absolutely and we only have 1 that’s the point. We can’t afford in anyway to deal a C right now. Especially because we need Drai at RW ATM.
You think Draisaitl playing at RW is more important than having a #1 Offensive D right now? I have a hard time agreeing with that, and really thats the only type of deal I'd consider moving one of our centres for. Much easier to acquire a filler winger (or develop one from Yam, Pulju, or Benson) than it is to acquire a #1D. Like I said, it would be something to at least consider if OEL agreed to sign, hence the trade would need to occur this summer.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe he was misled by people who he trusted? Maybe those people got into bed with the wrong people who offered them high interest loans in his name based on his future earnings? Call me a jerk, but I'm not sure how you can blame a guy who now hates his parents because they colossally ****ed him over if you were well aware of the case.

He was absolutely mislead by people he trusted. I don't blame him for hating his parents for what they did to him. I question his judgment for allowing his parents to do what they did to him for as long as they did. Life sucks and some people get dealt really crappy parents. The situation should definitely be a consideration in any attempted trade for Johnson.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He was absolutely mislead by people he trusted. I don't blame him for hating his parents for what they did to him. I question his judgment for allowing his parents to do what they did to him for as long as they did. Life sucks and some people get dealt really crappy parents. The situation should definitely be a consideration in any attempted trade for Johnson.
If its a distraction towards his physical or mental preparedness, absolutely. But his financial situation should really be no one's business.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Klef also played more minutes than Larson. I hope he turns around soon or at least stops getting worse. We need him.

This regression was unexpected. There seems to be a lot of posters claiming that he is now junk but thats nonsense.

He is still quite inexperienced as far as NHL dmen go...he will get better.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I have a feeling we see two deals, one involving RNH the other involving Klefbom.

What Id like to see:

To Clb: RNH
To Edmonton: Dubinsky+Nutivaara

To Mtl: Klefbom+Maroon
To Edm: Pacioretty+Gallagher

Makes our roster with Sekera look like:

Pacioretty-Mcdavid-Gallagher
Lucic-Draisaitl-Strome
Caggiula-Dubinsky-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Sekera-Larsson
Nurse-Nuutivara
Russell-Benning
Auvitu

Think that would help round out the roster and clear up some of the depth issues.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I have a feeling we see two deals, one involving RNH the other involving Klefbom.

What Id like to see:

To Clb: RNH
To Edmonton: Dubinsky+Nutivaara

To Mtl: Klefbom+Maroon
To Edm: Pacioretty+Gallagher

Makes our roster with Sekera look like:

Pacioretty-Mcdavid-Gallagher
Lucic-Draisaitl-Strome
Caggiula-Dubinsky-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Sekera-Larsson
Nurse-Nuutivara
Russell-Benning
Auvitu

Think that would help round out the roster and clear up some of the depth issues.

I like it.. make it so Chia. I'd actually like Savard even better... even if it means throwing a little extra into the deal.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Once the season is completely lost, I'd stop beating around the bush and go after a #1D. Right now OEL is the most available one and Klef+ should be enough to pry him out of Arizona. Everything else will be an easier fix. Build around McDavid, Drai, RNH, OEL, Larsson, Nurse, Yamamoto and Pulju. And draft one of Dahlin/Svechnikov/Boqvist/Tkachuk. We should be back on track next year

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
It's odd that the coaches refuse to play Auvitu when he leads the team in shots/60, icorsi/60, Scoringchances/60 and highdangerchances/60 among all their dmen. He's even top 4 among dmen in pts/60 on the Oilers.

I'm not saying he's the greatest dman in the NHL... but he deserves more looks as they are starving for offense and he hasn't even gotten a single second on the PP yet either.

In the 7 games he's played, the Oilers were outscored 18-21 (not great... but much better than their GF/GA record overall).

Last game he played in they won as well.

#FreeAuvitu

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I can only hope alot of people enjoy their crows pie.For the last 10 yrs, i have ridden this damn bus to nowhere's and held my head proudly I am not about to jump off the bus now and no matter how they finish the season I will always be proud of the oilers ..

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I can only hope alot of people enjoy their crows pie.For the last 10 yrs, i have ridden this damn bus to nowhere's and held my head proudly I am not about to jump off the bus now and no matter how they finish the season I will always be proud of the oilers ..

I don’t know how anyone can be proud of this franchise. They’ve literally put us through torture for 10 of the last 11 years.

It’s actually embarrassing to be an Oiler fan, and that’s gross. We have been the laughing stock of the NHL and probably the worst franchise in all of sports since the salary cap was introduced save a few years.

I used to love watching hockey. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s as a young kid I would think about the games all day. Now it just pisses me off. I thought last year was the end of that. Clearly not.

Last edited:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I don’t know how anyone can be proud of this franchise. They’ve literally put us through torture for 10 of the last 11 years.

It’s actually embarrassing to be an Oiler fan, and that’s gross. We have been the laughing stock of the NHL and probably the worst franchise in all of sports since the salary cap was introduced save a few years.

I used to love watching hockey. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s as a young kid I would think about the games all day. Now it just pisses me off. I thought last year was the end of that. Clearly not.
Exactly how I feel. I heard a stat the other week that the Islanders are the only team to have more losses than the Oilers since the year I was born. I turn 30 next year. There's been one year since I became a hockey fan at age 6 we've been good (2006), and even then we were the 8th seed. I guess last year was the best regular season I've watched in my life. And here we are back to the norm of the past 25 years.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
People seem to forget all the good the team has brought AND Sure WE have every right to be UPSET but I am going to ride out the storm and wear my colors with pride and if we fall we fall as one team and fan

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
People seem to forget all the good the team has brought AND Sure WE have every right to be UPSET but I am going to ride out the storm and wear my colors with pride and if we fall we fall as one team and fan

What good has this team brought? We are a f***ing joke. For every “good” thing this team has done in the last 25 years there are 3 terrible things they have done.

Blind pride in a shitty ass hockey club doesn’t make you special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad