Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Could you imagine if we end up with both Larsson and Murray after being dumped on by media for not taking either?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Adding a D-man seems odd unless we’re swapping him with a current D-man. Oilers seem committed to Nurse, Larsson, Sekera, Klefbom and (inexplicably) Russell, all of which are either getting paid or are about too (Nurse). Are they thinking of moving Benning?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Could you imagine if we end up with both Larsson and Murray after being dumped on by media for not taking either?

I’ll fully admit I don’t spend much time watching the Jackets, is Murray having an okay season? Not sure what we’d need with yet another LHD Dman? Savard seems to make more sense.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
agree with you re not getting full value for his assets but that is fine a long as team goes in the right direction.
Would you have felt better if Hall returned us Larsson+prospect\pick? , Eberle returned us Strome + 2nd?
Chia sucks at milking other GMs but that is fine as long as team moves in the right direction.

So, is it your belief the team is going in the right direction?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If I had to guess, the play right now would be adding Shea Weber and Max Pacioretty from Montreal so they can rebuild. Klefbom, RNH, 1st(s) going the other way.

Or even simplified with Klefbom + Draisaitl.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Eberle was done in Edmonton. McLellan could have healthy scratched him plenty of times last season. He was kept around just because of a slim hope that he would perform in playoffs. He **** the bed there as well and was as good as gone. Chia didnt not get a good return but you cant say that he panicked and rushed into dealing Eberle. He spent months looking for a good deal.

Maybe the Rangers should have held onto Girardi and get a better deal.. or any other player who got bought out\ waived or traded away. Eberle with his play and his salary just did not have much interest.
see Stome was actually SCRATCHED multiple times last year could have would have should have has no barring on anything because Eberle helped his team get to the playoffs while Strome helped with them missing it. Whether people want to admit it or not Eberle was valuable to getting to the playoffs last year. I'd have less trust issues with Chia if he'd at least went out and signed a Vanek to compensate for the move but he didn't.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Brace yourselves for Letestu + prospect for Jack Johnson.

Another lefty. But he is a UFA at seasons end. Would require both Sekera and Russell to play their off sides.

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Johnson-Russell

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
According to this article- http://www.lakelawgroup.com/the-eff...uropean-players-and-international-ice-hockey/
We had 4 years to get him signed if he kept playing in the KHL or equivalent European League. Cases like Hemsky and Landeskog where they come from Europe to play in the CHL would decrease our window to 2 years.

This team continues to be incredibly arrogant in assuming we can develop players better than the teams they are playing for in Europe or even the odd college player who we try to pressure to sign sooner than they actually should. Our scouts have been terrible for the past 20+ years cause they make too many poor selection and aren't properly evaluating the NHL readiness of already drafted players or assessing what the ideal path is for their career development, not to mention how we develop them once the parent club has a say.

Lagesson should stay away from our farm club, I don't see him getting the ice time he needs for development, he also plays a very North American gritty style game to begin with, what's holding him back is hockey skills and skating.
That article is wrong. The rules are different for drafting 20 year olds out of Europe. They're only the drafting teams property for 2 years after the draft. That's why Chicago was able to sign Erik Gustafsson three years after the Oil selected him, and why Miroslav Svoboda is no longer Oilers property(he was the pick before Paigin and also a 20 year old).

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
agree with you re not getting full value for his assets but that is fine a long as team goes in the right direction.
Would you have felt better if Hall returned us Larsson+prospect\pick? , Eberle returned us Strome + 2nd?
Chia sucks at milking other GMs but that is fine as long as team moves in the right direction.

It's moving us towards another lottery pick.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Adding a D-man seems odd unless we’re swapping him with a current D-man. Oilers seem committed to Nurse, Larsson, Sekera, Klefbom and (inexplicably) Russell, all of which are either getting paid or are about too (Nurse). Are they thinking of moving Benning?

I could see it.

Jarmo ain't doing Letestu for Ryan Murray though, don't see that.

Letestu + Puljujarvi for Murray + something else from Columbus maybe.
Ryan Murray likely isn't worth very much right now. He's an extremely low-event defenseman who is currently poised to be overtaken by Gabriel Carlsson on their depth chart. He may not even be an everyday defenseman by the All-Star break. Honestly, I can't see why we'd even be interested. One of Savard or JJ makes some sense though.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Would there be. 3way that works with us getting Oel and montreal getting klefsauce?
Montreal - Klefbom
Arizona - Drasaitl
Edmonton - OEL and Pacioretty

Add some draft picks as necessary. I'd consider a move like that in the offseason if OEL agreed to sign as a condition of the trade. Although you'd probably need some type of agreement out of Pacioretty as well unless you want to gamble on him re-signing.

If I'm looking to make a trade for OEL I'd rather just keep it to a 2-way trade and then if we have an extra Dman we could trade them at a later date for a forward rather than gamble on an expiring contract.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Montreal - Klefbom
Arizona - Drasaitl

Add some draft picks as necessary. I'd consider a move like that in the offseason if OEL agreed to sign as a condition of the trade. Although you'd probably need some type of agreement out of Pacioretty as well unless you want to gamble on him re-signing.

If I'm looking to make a trade for OEL I'd rather just keep it to a 2-way trade and then if we have an extra Dman we could trade them at a later date for a forward rather than gamble on an expiring contract.
Well that's a hell of thing, very interesting, I do have a concern about re-signing both, but I'm sure something something something, Chiarelli, something something something.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Montreal - Klefbom
Arizona - Drasaitl

Why the hell would we deal our only position of strength? People need to stop suggesting moving RNH or Drai. The only thing we have going right now is center depth.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Brace yourselves for Letestu + prospect for Jack Johnson.

That whole deal with Johnson filing for bankruptcy *after* already having made $14 million would make me really leery of a long-term deal. Guess a rental might be a chance to see where the guys head is at.

Who blows $14 million while they are still playing? What is this, the NFL?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That whole deal with Johnson filing for bankruptcy *after* already having made $14 million would make me really leery of a long-term deal. Guess a rental might be a chance to see where the guys head is at.

His parents blew it all...well...most of it.

Edit: my bad. too combative.

Last edited:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

Didn't his parents steal it all from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad