Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Apparently they Oilers are looking for a defensemen and they are hovering around....you guessed it... Ryan Murray. You can't make this trash up.
Murray does nothing for us unless Russell is going the other way.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Have to take the article at the context provided because I didn't see the Dreger interview(this is dangerous) but he does not actually say specifically that the Oilers are targeting Murray, and he does explicitly state that the Oilers aren't interested in moving RNH.

I wouldn't freak out just yet.
True but he is definitely talking about the Oilers looking for defensemen and Murray has had the Oilers interest, as well with other defensemen. Also Chia was sighted at a Columbus game and Staufffer on his show said "Chia hasn't been around the team this trip, and that is all I can say"

There is a lot of smoke right now. when the team is on a western roadtrip and the GM is avoiding media and PERSONALLY scouting teams in the east?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I get your point, and actually that is why I added Gallagher in the first place.

If you had Patches you could move Maroon for whatever if you wished as the Habs would not be interested in him. If it is RNH, Puljujarvi and your 1st, what would you need in addition to Patches and Gallagher ?
Puljujarvi would not be included as he could be outproducing Gallagher as early as next year. He is already on Oilers top 6 @ RW.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Last time we upgraded our D it cost Taylor Hall. Columbus is probably licking their chops.

If it's not RNH, then probably Puljujarvi for Murray? That sounds like a Chia trade.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Puljujarvi would not be included as he could be outproducing Gallagher as early as next year. He is already on Oilers top 6 @ RW.
Pulju has 1 point in 5 games this year. 3 of those games in the top 6.
I wouldn't put my money on him out producing Gallagher yet. Gallagher is roughly a 50 point forward when healthy

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If I'm Columbus I'd ask for RNH sure. Why wouldn't you looking at Chiarelli's history. If Larsson gets you Taylor Hall, Murray should be in the ball park of RNH. Other GMs have to be thinking that.

Reactions: Consultant

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If I'm Columbus I'd ask for RNH sure. Why wouldn't you looking at Chiarelli's history. If Larsson gets you Taylor Hall, Murray should be in the ball park of RNH. Other GMs have to be thinking that.
Larsson got you Taylor Hall when we didnt have a single top 4 Dman. We arguably have 4 now. No way the situation is that desperate. It would be CBJ who are more hurting for a C.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Larsson got you Taylor Hall when we didnt have a single top 4 Dman. We arguably have 4 now. No way the situation is that desperate. It would be CBJ who are more hurting for a C.
It'll probably be RNH for Murray and a bust.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pulju has 1 point in 5 games this year. 3 of those games in the top 6.
I wouldn't put my money on him out producing Gallagher yet. Gallagher is roughly a 50 point forward when healthy
Pulju is young enough to be playing in the CHL. His value may not be on par with Drouin but he is far from a throw in. Puljujarvi+1st for Gallagher is nothing short of stupid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pulju is young enough to be playing in the CHL. His value may not be on par with Drouin but he is far from a throw in. Puljujarvi+1st for Gallagher is nothing short of stupid.
Well yeah it would be stupid. I just don't think Pulju is close to Gallagher, yet.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Foligno and Murry for Nuge, Nurse and two 1sts.
It's a clear loss, but as Chia says, "it was the price".
We have a madman at the wheel, he is on the phone, run down to the office Nicholson and fire him right now!!!!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Foligno and Murry for Nuge, Nurse and two 1sts.
It's a clear loss, but as Chia says, "it was the price".
We have a madman at the wheel, he is on the phone, run down to the office Nicholson and fire him right now!!!!
freaking out over nothing... Chia is far from a mad man.. His acquisitions might not all pan out but he makes calculated moves and does not rush into anything.
He struck out with all of his UFA signings this year.. Jokinene, Auvitu and Gryba and Strome failed to pan out.
whoop D doo.. atleast he did not rush into trading away Draisaitl or Nurse last year or something crazy like that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
freaking out over nothing... Chia is far from a mad man.. His acquisitions might not all pan out but he makes calculated moves and does not rush into anything.
He struck out with all of his UFA signings this year.. Jokinene, Auvitu and Gryba and Strome failed to pan out.
whoop D doo.. atleast he did not rush into trading away Draisaitl or Nurse last year or something crazy like that.

He makes a lot of bad trades and loses value, that he freely admits even while making the trade, lol.

He's not a "mad man" but that doesn't mean he is good at his job either. There's a "method" to everything, I'm sure there was a logic to what Mike Milbury did as well, he wasn't just randomly doing things.

Reactions: Consultant

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
What was calculated about his trading of Eberle, though? With the cap going up if he would have held onto him for this year he probably would have got something of value back because more teams would be able to fit his caphit. Instead he gifted the Islanders a guarateed 45+ player at worst for a guy who is younger plays just as soft but isn't talented enough to score goals or deke through defenders as Eberle was. Nothing will be put past this guy until he actually does something to fix the mix he made without damaging the team like he did in the offseason.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What was calculated about his trading of Eberle, though? With the cap going up if he would have held onto him for this year he probably would have got something of value back because more teams would be able to fit his caphit. Instead he gifted the Islanders a guarateed 45+ player at worst for a guy who is younger plays just as soft but isn't talented enough to score goals or deke through defenders as Eberle was. Nothing will be put past this guy until he actually does something to fix the mix he made without damaging the team like he did in the offseason.
Eberle was done in Edmonton. McLellan could have healthy scratched him plenty of times last season. He was kept around just because of a slim hope that he would perform in playoffs. He shit the bed there as well and was as good as gone. Chia didnt not get a good return but you cant say that he panicked and rushed into dealing Eberle. He spent months looking for a good deal.

Maybe the Rangers should have held onto Girardi and get a better deal.. or any other player who got bought out\ waived or traded away. Eberle with his play and his salary just did not have much interest.

North

Jun 25, 2009

This. Lots of sky is falling before anything has been done.

Should he got at least a draft pick along with Larsson for Hall? Yes, but I don't regret that trade one bit.

Eberle was another one where ideally he should have gotten a pick too but Strome is cheaper and Eberle had a very tough season and playoffs. His value was compromised by his own play.

The problem is the inability to identify this team needs to add speed on the wings. They seem to get it with drafting but somehow they don't get it for the current roster.

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again, losing Sekera has been hard, but Klefbom's problems have been disastrous for the team and they're relying on Benning to try to cover for him. That's a huge ask.

McLellan is an issue as well. He seems to make some mind boggling personnel decisions.

Reactions: OilDrop37 and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He makes a lot of bad trades and loses value, that he freely admits even while making the trade, lol.

He's not a "mad man" but that doesn't mean he is good at his job either. There's a "method" to everything, I'm sure there was a logic to what Mike Milbury did as well, he wasn't just randomly doing things.
agree with you re not getting full value for his assets but that is fine a long as team goes in the right direction.
Would you have felt better if Hall returned us Larsson+prospect\pick? , Eberle returned us Strome + 2nd?
Chia sucks at milking other GMs but that is fine as long as team moves in the right direction.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm gonna one up Dreger here, which isn't hard.

The Blue Jackets are reeling from the loss of Sam Gagner, who was a boon to their power play last year. Their PP is dead freaking last in the NHL. Jarmo is potentially interested in Mark Letestu, a noted special teams whiz who was a fan favourite in Columbus previously. Peter Chiarelli is eyeing a defenseman as a possible return.

Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

The Blue Jackets are reeling from the loss of Sam Gagner, who was a boon to their power play last year. Their PP is dead freaking last in the NHL. Jarmo is potentially interested in Mark Letestu, a noted special teams whiz who was a fan favourite in Columbus previously. Peter Chiarelli is eyeing a defenseman as a possible return.
Do they have any low end defensemen worth having?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Jarmo ain't doing Letestu for Ryan Murray though, don't see that.

Letestu + Puljujarvi for Murray + something else from Columbus maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad