Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He was absolutely mislead by people he trusted. I don't blame him for hating his parents for what they did to him. I question his judgment for allowing his parents to do what they did to him for as long as they did. Life sucks and some people get dealt really crappy parents. The situation should definitely be a consideration in any attempted trade for Johnson.
You should probably read the whole story, because I don't think you know what happened.

You are making it sound like they just stole from him year after year and he just went along with it. This wasn't the case at all.

They leveraged his money without him knowing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This regression was unexpected. There seems to be a lot of posters claiming that he is now junk but thats nonsense.

He is still quite inexperienced as far as NHL dmen go...he will get better.
It was probably as expected as people claiming he'd be better than he was last year. Klef shouldn't be this bad, but he wasn't going to be as good as a lot of people made him out to be

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
who should we pick up at the deadline with all the extra cap space we have?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Chiarelli thinks the team needs defense? No, this team needs help in all areas

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I have a feeling we see two deals, one involving RNH the other involving Klefbom.

What Id like to see:

To Clb: RNH
To Edmonton: Dubinsky+Nutivaara

To Mtl: Klefbom+Maroon
To Edm: Pacioretty+Gallagher

Makes our roster with Sekera look like:

Pacioretty-Mcdavid-Gallagher
Lucic-Draisaitl-Strome
Caggiula-Dubinsky-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Sekera-Larsson
Nurse-Nuutivara
Russell-Benning
Auvitu

Think that would help round out the roster and clear up some of the depth issues.

But until Sekera returns our D would be...

Nurse - Larsson
Russell - Nuutivara
Auvitu - Benning

Ouch

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Can't wait for Ebs to become a free agent so we can sign him to 8M avv and finally make the playoffs again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
who should we pick up at the deadline with all the extra cap space we have?
We should be looking at Neal sooner rather than later. He's a guy that should be available at some point.

I'd like Perron as well as he's more versatile, but I don't know if that's a realistic target.

another fit would be Comeau. Good two-way player that could be a decent fit on a third line with some offense and PK skills.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
remember when people were saying the oilers wouldn't have taken barzal with the reinhart pick because we don't need another small scoring forward?

fast forward 1.5 years and we need those players so bad lol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Why would the Oilers be buyers? Seems strange. If anything you move pieces for futures and things, create roster and cap space, and try to fill it next season.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
remember when people were saying the oilers wouldn't have taken barzal with the reinhart pick because we don't need another small scoring forward?

Vinnie Hinostroza is a player your GM should be looking at, could probably be had for a second round pick or a comparable but younger prospect. I think he would thrive in your top six.

Free This Player: Vinnie Hinostroza deserves another NHL shot

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
What good has this team brought? We are a ****ing joke. For every “good” thing this team has done in the last 25 years there are 3 terrible things they have done.

Blind pride in a ****ty ass hockey club doesn’t make you special.
no blind pride doesn't make you special but spending time watching the game with the family, listening to your kid pretend he is Conner when playing hockey .ya it is safe to say that the Oiler does more for the city then just play hockey and yes that does make them special.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Why would the Oilers be buyers? Seems strange. If anything you move pieces for futures and things, create roster and cap space, and try to fill it next season.

it was a sarcastic poke at the posters who felt like trading and buying out real nhl players for futures and cap space was a good idea. Cap space is useless if you cant even be in the hunt for a playoff spot. you have to win games here and now. Eberle, pouliot > strome kharia camilerri and cap space

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
it was a sarcastic poke at the posters who felt like trading and buying out real nhl players for futures and cap space was a good idea. Cap space is useless if you cant even be in the hunt for a playoff spot. you have to win games here and now. Eberle, pouliot > strome kharia camilerri and cap space
No, like the team is basically done, things are going very poor. Why would you buy, you create cap space and collect futures, then sign UFAs and make trades last year. Eberle wasn't an option to keep, the Narrative had gone too far, and Pouliot is useless, don't let overachieving confuse you, he was just SO done last year.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't think trading for a defenseman makes any sense right now.

Unless that defenseman replaces Klefbom in the lineup(which they won't), I don't think you'll see any notable improvement.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Remember when people said we needed to trade Hall for Larsson because we needed to fix the D and now the D is still trash and the forwards mostly suck?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think trading for a defenseman makes any sense right now.

Unless that defenseman replaces Klefbom in the lineup(which they won't), I don't think you'll see any notable improvement.
I have to think they are circling back to Barrie. It is clear this team doesn't have the personnel to move the puck and get points from the back end. Even Nurse can we really bank on him being a producer or is he going to be another Brewer or Smid? Can skate the puck out of the zone a lot, but never really gets a lot of points.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
We should be targeting Faulk, He's having a bit of an off season, good cap, could probably be had for a reasonable deal.
Barrie would also be nice but cant imagine the cost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad