Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Murray just said the solution has to come from within. via James Gordon

Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Murray just said the solution has to come from within. via James Gordon

This is the exact tweet:
Bryan Murray told @nic_st_pierre he isn't inclined to make a move and the solution can be found within. @Capital_Gains65 Translation?

I guess this season is just going to be a write off for us. Too bad we traded our 1st round pick. :shakehead

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Looks like I'm coming to become a Ducks now. I should've done this 7 years ago tbh.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
A bad season this year would be horrible because:

1) We don't have our 1st.

2) Bobby Ryan will be less inclined to sign with us.

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
Why the F didn't Murray lotto-protect the pick? :(

And before people say he couldn't have, based on reports that they were working on the same deal but with a 2nd and ANA was still hesitating, I refuse to believe that Murray couldn't have protected it. Reports were that ANA were considering the 2nd and he bumped it up to make the deal happen then and there. He offered a second, they wanted a first, lotto-protected is meeting in the middle. He probably wanted to get Ryan to make up for Alfie so badly that he didn't think of it.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I also don't really see Ottawa as desperate, Edmonton was desperate.

If reports can be believed, Murray has been inquiring all over the league trying to make a deal. You don't frantically work the phones in a non-nonchalant manner.

Other GM's will be seeing (or getting briefed on) the same mess we see on a nightly basis.

Money issues are major as well, sure.

We have no hand, Jerry. Hand is tough to get.

trueseraphim

Jul 5, 2013
ontario, canada
The only problem I see is a toxic owner. I don't want my team to be hurt because this guy can't hire someone to effectively manage the finances of an NHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad