Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This team can and will play much better than they're currently showing.

Our bottom 6 has produced very nearly next to nothing:

Greening, Condra, Neil, Smith, Conacher, Grant: 9 goals, 12 assists

I mean, Erik Karlsson is single handedly outscoring our entire bottom 6. Can that seriously continue? It's not possible. It's actually not possible. This would be the greatest collective scoring regression in the history of the NHL.

Our defense outside of Erik Karlsson has produced very nearly next to nothing too:

Phillips, Methot, Weircioch, Corvo, Borowiecki, Cowen, Gryba: 8 goals, 23 assists

Defensive mistakes will get cleaned up. This team has shown a serious step up in effort and execution the last couple of games. Still have these ridiculous mistakes that keep getting made. But sometimes it takes more than 2 games to get away from bad habits.

There's no doubt in my mind that this coaching staff will get this turned around. There's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much talent and skill on this team to keep getting these losing efforts. A little more hard work will turn this whole thing around. Execution will be improved. And a little desperation will help these guys.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Feels so pointless to be a Sens fan.

Don't always agree with you, but I actually feel the exact same way. We were heading toward a big season, and I honestly believe two are two good pieces away from contending with 11 Million in cap space and with teams starting to sell good assets. This should be a huge year for us. As it stands, we will plug along on a shoestring budget and hopefully (best case scenario) squeak into the playoffs only to be crushed by one of the big teams like Boston or Pitts.

There is always hope that things can turn around for us, but considering the way we are losing it is hard to find anything to pin that hope on. Maybe the goaltending will catch fire and we'll steal a couple of games in the next while.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We have the talent, enough talent to do a lot of damage in the East this is a chemistry thing with us.

Until the guys start playing together and skating together and all 20 players are on the same page we won't be consistent, this has nothing to do with adding Del Zotto, Erhoff, Giordano - this is all about the coach getting the Goalies, D + O all believing in the system and making a difference together on every shift.

WhiteLight*

We're at the roster limit and over budget. Hard to accommodate call-ups in that situation.

Waive Gryba and send him down. He has a two-way contract.

Trade Neil, Greening or Michalek. Trade Anderson.

There are multiple ways Murray could make a move. He has no balls, that much is obvious

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Don't always agree with you, but I actually feel the exact same way. We were heading toward a big season, and I honestly believe two are two good pieces away from contending with 11 Million in cap space and with teams starting to sell good assets. This should be a huge year for us. As it stands, we will plug along on a shoestring budget and hopefully (best case scenario) squeak into the playoffs only to be crushed by one of the big teams like Boston or Pitts.

There is always hope that things can turn around for us, but considering the way we are losing it is hard to find anything to pin that hope on. Maybe the goaltending will catch fire and we'll steal a couple of games in the next while.

We made the playoffs with a worse team last year. We have all the pieces to contend. The problem is not the roster the problem is how they are playing. On paper this team was picked by THN forecaster to win the cup. They need a good gritty road trip winning some tight games and they should turn it around. (let's hope)

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
if you guys honestly think making a lateral move for some of our depth is going to turn this team around, you're fooling yourself.
No trade will fix weak plays like Karlsson on Heatley the other night.
No trade will fix our breakout
No trade will fix 4 lines of forechecking ineptitude.

Since we trust our scouting so much, blowing it all up this year makes no sense either.

So, Murray is right in my book this time. Change must come from within.

Can't put that on EK, nothing he could do to stop heater. What was Karlsson doing in 2007? Heater potted 50 Gino's!

#50in07

WhiteLight*

The Heatley goal is on Anderson, not Karlsson. No respectable goaltender lets that in

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

There are multiple ways Murray could make a move. He has no balls, that much is obvious

he definitely works on the safe side. sometimes good, sometimes a bad thing

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
The Heatley goal is on Anderson, not Karlsson. No respectable goaltender lets that in

While I agree that Anderson should have stopped it, Karlsson was straight up lazy on that puck. He got outworked.

Andy covered the post like a tyke goalie.

Add the two and we get a Dany Heatley goal.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
hurm...(via Yost on Twitter)

nBqkTJ6.png

dat last bit...

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005

I suggest you don't dabble in the trade market :sarcasm:

22bucks-napkin-ready-blogSpan.jpg

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Time for a new owner ASAP. I understand that no trades are going to be made, but no callups? WTF?

Btw, I have heard that there is someone very interested in buying the Sens.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
To be fair I was advocating trading Anderson and Michalek in the summer

None of those players are going to get what their true value is other than maybe Neil. Every playoff team in the league would likely want him.

IMO it's too early to have a fire sale on all the underachieving players. Murray could likely trade one but he’d probably over pay on the prospect and/or draft picks going the other way with them. This assuming the goal is to get decent player in return

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Time for a new owner ASAP. I understand that no trades are going to be made, but no callups? WTF?

Where is he located? Seattle Senators? :sarcasm:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Hopefully it isn't MLSE:
"Now presenting your Ottawa Maple Kings." :sarcasm:

hurm...(via Yost on Twitter)

nBqkTJ6.png

dat last bit...

Well you could read that one of two ways:
1)They think Melnyk is a dick and that he's cheap and all that stuff.
2)They hardly ever think about Melnyk, he's the farthest thing from their minds.

I'm hoping it's two, because if the players have a negative perception in the room, that certainly won't help things come contract time.

WhiteLight*

None of those players are going to get what their true value is other than maybe Neil. Every playoff team in the league would likely want him.

IMO it's too early to have a fire sale on all the underachieving players. Murray could likely trade one but he’d probably over pay on the prospect and/or draft picks going the other way with them. This assuming the goal is to get decent player in return

Trade one. That's all I'm asking for now. Open a spot for Hoffman/Pageau. Neil for example, is probably highly coveted by a bunch of teams and only has a $2M price tag.

Greening is a guy that may become untradable, if he hasn't already

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
sounds like milan michalek couldn't be traded for anything of value.
prediction: either he will figure that out/hear something about it or will be told to pick up his socks and mm will look much better starting tomorrow (actually thought he looked a bit better last game)
watch milo next game. he'll probably score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad