Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
Seems to me that waiving Michalek would be a good move now. He can still play but another team can pick him up giving us $6 million in room this year to make a "money-in" type trade.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Don't always agree with you, but I actually feel the exact same way. We were heading toward a big season, and I honestly believe two are two good pieces away from contending with 11 Million in cap space and with teams starting to sell good assets. This should be a huge year for us. As it stands, we will plug along on a shoestring budget and hopefully (best case scenario) squeak into the playoffs only to be crushed by one of the big teams like Boston or Pitts.

There is always hope that things can turn around for us, but considering the way we are losing it is hard to find anything to pin that hope on. Maybe the goaltending will catch fire and we'll steal a couple of games in the next while.

I agree in theory that the team has a big season ahead of them. Maybe it won't be this season, but they have most of the pieces they need, and a lot of assets (supposedly aside from salary) to get the pieces they need. It's just a matter of those pieces becoming available via trade.

I also think saying that it feels pointless to be a Sen fan is insane. The team has missed the playoffs only once since 97. I know there's been a lot of times where the team has not reached it's potential in the post season, but the fans are spoiled in a sense that they've never been tested by having to face a rebuild of 3+ straight seasons where the team is abysmal and doesn't make the playoffs.

In the last two years seasons alone, the team has defied expectations. First almost eliminating the top seeded team in the East. Second, having their Cinderella run with all the top guys down, eliminating Montreal, and hanging with Pittsburgh in the second round, until they collapsed in the fourth and fifth game.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
sounds like milan michalek couldn't be traded for anything of value.
prediction: either he will figure that out/hear something about it or will be told to pick up his socks and mm will look much better starting tomorrow (actually thought he looked a bit better last game)
watch milo next game. he'll probably score

Here's the funniest part about Michalek: most will agree that that Michalek has NOT played well. And almost everyone would agree that MacArthur has played exceptionally well. Yet Michalek is only 2 points behind MacArthur.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Time for a new owner ASAP. I understand that no trades are going to be made, but no callups? WTF?

Btw, I have heard that there is someone very interested in buying the Sens.

I hope it's Ontario Hydro they have an unlimited supply of cash and when they need more all they have to do is ask and it's granted.

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

Lol that was my point. 20 games doesn't change to much either. Sorry the sarcasm didn't come through.

So one guy tells me it's not a good idea to trade people because they have low value and selling low is a bad idea.

And now you're telling they don't lose value after 20 games.

Your issue seems to be with what Max Power said, not me

MAK can never win

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Here's the funniest part about Michalek: most will agree that that Michalek has NOT played well. And almost everyone would agree that MacArthur has played exceptionally well. Yet Michalek is only 2 points behind MacArthur.

Thats because playing well doesnt necessarily mean points, MacArthur has played well because he has been consistent, offensively and defensively, he has created scoring chances and you can see that he is battling out there. Michalek has been a liability offensively, not good with puck battles or puck possession. Michalek needs to be more consistent and should be a factor in most nights but right now its the opposite, Michalek had a few decent games, thats it. Did you know that Milan Michalek and Jason Spezza leades the league in EV goals against.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Well you could read that one of two ways:
1)They think Melnyk is a dick and that he's cheap and all that stuff.
2)They hardly ever think about Melnyk, he's the farthest thing from their minds.

I'm hoping it's two, because if the players have a negative perception in the room, that certainly won't help things come contract time.

Yeah that pretty much takes us out at the knees as a team as well. May explain the garbage we've seen thus far.

Do not pass go, do not collect $100.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
So one guy tells me it's not a good idea to trade people because they have low value and selling low is a bad idea.

MAK can never win
Wasn't an issue? Not everything is personal.

More of a joke about the daily changes in perceived value. Sorry if you took it as an insult. Your post was just short so easy to quote

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anderson didn't think he had to make that save I think. Brainfart because he had faith in Karlsson and thought it was a non-play. It was bad on both.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Anderson didn't think he had to make that save I think. Brainfart because he had faith in Karlsson and thought it was a non-play. It was bad on both.

While I agree with this, that is what separates a good goalie from a great one. The greats are always ready, and thats the difference imo between this year and last. Anderson seemed more confident and had far better reactions.

WhiteLight*

Wasn't an issue? Not everything is personal.

More of a joke about the daily changes in perceived value. Sorry if you took it as an insult. Your post was just short so easy to quote

didn't take it as an insult, just saying I don't have the view that you were implying that I did

two guys disagreeing with me on opposite ends, lol can't win either way

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
While I agree with this, that is what separates a good goalie from a great one. The greats are always ready, and thats the difference imo between this year and last. Anderson seemed more confident and had far better reactions.

That play sorta summarizes the year. Seems like everyone is waiting for someone else to make a play and the end result is nobody does.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005

MAK can never win

9 and 20 does make a difference, at 9 you're not worried about it yet so you're not trying to sell low :)

If BM is trying to sell one of his underachievers he's getting low balled everywhere or getting a strait slumping for slumping exchange

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Spezza and Michalek have regressed so much in 2 years. Crazy

Spezza missed the entire season last year save for what, 7 or 8 games?

This season he has had a revolving door of ragtag wingers, is still producing just under a point per game and hasn't looked bad doing it. Hasn't looked great except for a handful of games, but hasn't looked terrible either.

Some people just see what they want to see I suppose.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I agree. Consistency is what makes an elite goalie elite. When Anderson is on he can roll hot for a while, but he cools off and struggles sometimes.

Which is why the Senators need to be careful with Lehner, it takes time for all but the rarest of goalies to be able to bring their A game almost every night.

WhiteLight*

9 and 20 does make a difference, at 9 you're not worried about it yet so you're not trying to sell low :)

If BM is trying to sell one of his underachievers he's getting low balled everywhere or getting a strait slumping for slumping exchange

I was worried about it at 9. lol

Michalek, Anderson and Neil regressing was predictable in the summer. Greening's contract being a burden was also predictable, but nobody knew he'd fall this low. The summer was the time to maximize the assets and get rid of some dead weight $$$

Anderson would have returned a gold mine in the summer. It was obvious it was the best time to trade him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad