Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
There's not much I'd trade for Oleksiak right now. We brought him to Niagara last year at the trade deadline to be a #2 behind Hamilton. Our two smurf d-men outperformed him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Should be able to get Bolland for less than that. They need to move him to sign Leddy and bits parts, plus Crawford the year after. I think I read that 2nd round picks are the big currency this year (MacT?). Should be able to get him for Lander and a so-so prospect/or 2nd + prospect. MPS is WAY overpaying!

Clutterbuck is similar, I heard Pitlick rumored.... Pitlick + Omark's rights?

Bolland would be good. I'd love to see RNH, Peverly, Bolland and Gordon/Hendricks/(Lander if he's not dealt) for centers.......

Is it really though? I think this is the problem the Oilers have had in the past [both fans and managers]-way too much "loyalty" and perhaps sentimental attachment to specific players, clouding their judgement.

Bolland will do more for us than PRV ever will. If PRV succeeds on another team, so be it.

Last edited:

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Omfg why did u maek a new threaD?!?!?!?!

I'd be thrilled if MacT could sign him to a 3 year, 15M deal, hes exactly what we need in a 2C and we'd take the next step forward as playoff contenders with him for sure

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Thanks for being passive aggressive.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If we're talking to the Leafs, it has to be smaller pieces IMO. Maybe Reimer if Toronto wants to sell high, but I think Colborne is the one MacT is targeting. He's a guy who's going from prospect to suspect fairly quickly and is in pretty tough to crack Toronto's roster next season.

I know Gardiner is on everyone's radar, but if Toronto is in on Letang, Gardiner is piece #1 heading back to Pittsburgh. Probably Gardiner/Kulemin/1st...

Gagner is probably Toronto's target, but I don't think they have the pieces to bring him in unless Gardiner or Rielly are involved.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Bolland will do more for us than PRV ever will. If PRV succeeds on another team, so be it.

Bolland is over-hyped as hell because of one playoff performance.
typical Canadian Super Hero Syndrome lasting way too long.

his faceoff % blows as a two way center.

we can have a 46% team faceoff % again.

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
Is it really though? I think this is the probably the Oilers have had in the past [both fans and managers]-way too much "loyalty" and perhaps sentimental attachment to specific players, clouding their judgement.

Bolland can walk after 1 year. PRV is going to be a solid 3rd liner for the next 10 years. I like Bolland. I can appreciate what he brings to the table and would love to have him. PRV is too much to give up. We can certainly work something around one prospect, either Lander, Rajala, Musil and(possibly) a 2nd round draft pick. Chicago is in tough with the cap. cheap players and prospects should be enough.

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Maybe I wrote that wrong, should be ONE OF rajala, Musil, Lander and possibly a 2nd

Personally I wouldn't move Lander straight across for Bolland. He's looking like he could be a very solid 4th line center in the next few years. And I'm certain a guy like Rajala could get the Hawks to bite.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
I am told the 'Hawks are looking for a Pominvile-like return for Bolland

Which was;
Hackett, Larsson, 1st and 2nd.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
if there is one thing we have learned its ------prepare to be disappointed.

the off season is way more enjoyable when you assume nothing will happen and then somethign does

haha this is exactly the way to go about anything to do with the oilers. except I still get sucked into thinking they will win every game D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad