Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Let the spinning begin

David Staples ‏@dstaples 2m
OK, how many of you would trade Gagner and 7th overall for a current top pairing dman about 25 years old?

You mean like Petry?

Playing top pairing minutes does not make you a top pairing defenseman.

BTW, I'm not on twitter, so if somebody wants to send that message back to Staples I would appreciate it.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Want absolutely nothing to do with Oleksiak. Overrated and will likely top out as a number 4 dman. Wouldn't trade Gagner or the 7th for him, forget dealing that package.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 14s
Heard from another team that the Blackhawks are shopping center Dave Bolland...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 53s
MIN talking extension with Clutterbuck but also talking trade involving him. UFA P-M Bouchard won't be back; Matt Cullen probably not back.

So now we may have a chance at beating Minny next year... :laugh:

oilpen

Jun 26, 2013
Cole Harbour
You mean like Petry?

Playing top pairing minutes does not make you a top pairing defenseman.

BTW, I'm not on twitter, so if somebody wants to send that message back to Staples I would appreciate it.

David Staples ‏@dstaples 54m
Folks not digging my Oleksiak trade. At all! So be it.:) I see it as giving Oilers top-pairing d-man they need. Hard to fill that hole.

David Staples ‏@dstaples 1h
@jonrmcleod @RossCreekNation yeah, proposal going over a like a fart in church :)

hahha. People are really giving it to him...

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
David Bolland and Clutterbuck should be the Oiler's top targets. Those 2 along with some reinforcements on the back end would make for a very successful offseason.

Lecavalier would be nice of course, but he made it clear years ago that he wants nothing to do with high pressure hockey markets. He'll probably sign a 1 year deal in Florida or something, and then head back to Tbay on a much reduced contract.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
[/B]
Folks not digging my Oleksiak trade. At all! So be it.:) I see it as giving Oilers top-pairing d-man they need. Hard to fill that hole.

@jonrmcleod @RossCreekNation yeah, proposal going over a like a fart in church :)

Good, that was an awful trade proposal

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
How about MPS to Chicago for Bolland?

Also, Clutterbuck and Cullen would be aquirable players!

Bolland and Clutterbuck on a line... Sheesh!

Better get a big league knuckle chucker in to settle down the guys they get riled up!

MPS can be Chicago's poor man Hossa...a really poor mans version:laugh:

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Dustin Nielson‏@nielson126019s
Hearing that the Leafs and Oilers ARE talking. Could be some pretty decent size pieces involved.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
[/B]

Well it's a horrible trade. He probably deserves it. Oleksiak went 14th overall two years ago, and he's trading a current 7th and 6th from 6 years ago who has already shown to be a decent player. He must be blinded by the size and ignoring that he hasn't really accomplished anything magnificent at any level.

I don't see much in his accomplishments that separate him from Marincin other than 2 inches and 40 pounds of mass and him being fast tracked to the NHL this year rather than getting a full year of seasoning in a lower level where he likely belonged.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dustin Nielson ‏@nielson1260 3m
Hearing that the Leafs and Oilers ARE talking. Could be some pretty decent size pieces involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad