Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
Bolland is over-hyped as hell because of one playoff performance.
typical Canadian Super Hero Syndrome lasting way too long.

his faceoff % blows as a two way center.

we can have a 46% team faceoff % again.

Not that i disagree with you about Bolland, but Faceoffs is the most useless stat in the league.

The difference between the best and worst teams in the league is about 3 faceoffs a game, take out neutral zones it becomes close to a dead heat, and maybe the goal differentials scored off a faceoff win from best to worst in the league is less than 10 goals.

Our team motto should be fix the breakout, make the playoffs. Chicago has the best breakout in the league but i would say that's mostly to do with seabrook, keith, and kane, and less to do with their other lines.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Bolland should net them a Pominville-like return, and I wouldn't have a problem giving that kind of package up either as long as the 1st isn't our #7.

meh, Bolland is a one year rental and Pominville still had two years on his deal.

Not to mention Pominville has more value due to significantly better offensive production.

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Is it really though? I think this is the problem the Oilers have had in the past [both fans and managers]-way too much "loyalty" and perhaps sentimental attachment to specific players, clouding their judgement.

Bolland will do more for us than PRV ever will. If PRV succeeds on another team, so be it.

Screw sending MPS away for Bolland who is something we actually don't need. If he's getting shipped anywhere it'll be to Minnesota for Clutterbuck. Clutterbuck is arguably the best in the league at what he does and fits perfectly on our 3rd line but could move up to the 2nd in a pinch.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Bolland should net them a Pominville-like return, and I wouldn't have a problem giving that kind of package up either as long as the 1st isn't our #7.
In what world is Bolland equal to Pominville? If CHI got two B++ prospects and a first rounder for Bolland like the Sabres for Pominville, I would eat my hat (yes, video would be taken). No offense, but Pominville is by far the superior player (1W > 3C).

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
We've heard the rumblings from Blackhawks fans that Stan is a moron and riding the coattails of his father and McDonagh's advise.

But if he gets that kind of return for Bolland I will bow to Stan's greatness.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is Bolland on the decline though?

He had an abominable regular season and really only stepped up in the last few games of the final. And now we're hearing that he's valued at a similar return as a 1st line winger? I don't buy it.

Bolland is definitely an upgrade on Shawn Horcoff. But honestly, how much of an upgrade is he?

Screw sending MPS away for Bolland who is something we actually don't need. If he's getting shipped anywhere it'll be to Minnesota for Clutterbuck. Clutterbuck is arguably the best in the league at what he does and fits perfectly on our 3rd line but could move up to the 2nd in a pinch.

I don't want Paajarvi going anywhere. He's a cheap, talented 2-way player who can play anywhere on the top-9. Moving him to help another team manage their cap would be an atrocious example of asset management.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I get that Oleksiak is a giant and has potential, but he's a bottom pairing defenseman right now. Gagner+7th (7 spots higher than Oleksiak was taken a few years ago, no less) is ridiculous.

David Staples... it's actually not that hard to get a first pairing defenseman. Plenty have moved.

meh, Bolland is a one year rental and Pominville still had two years on his deal.

Not to mention Pominville has more value due to significantly better offensive production.

Bolland's the best 3C in the NHL with some ability to play 2C.

I'd much rather have him than Pominville, and I would give up nearly as much.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Really? Pominville is 30 and has 465 career points(0.79PPG). Bolland is 27 and has 168 career points(0.51PPG). I certainly wouldn't pay Chicago that kind of return.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Super overrated. That's what happens to bit players that play on good teams. No part of him please. We might as well keep Gagner. I think the Hawks might be doing this to make room for Gagner.

At least it's not just us and our fans that are out to lunch on what guys are worth.

Will be interesting to see what major deals get done if any.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Mark Spector‏@SportsnetSpec33s
Gagner sounds very much like a guy who will sign a new deal in EDM. Soon.

But at what cost?

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
I get that Oleksiak is a giant and has potential, but he's a bottom pairing defenseman right now. Gagner+7th (7 spots higher than Oleksiak was taken a few years ago, no less) is ridiculous.
Agreed. I have no idea why Staples would propose that. He's saying that there's a 3/5 chance that the 7th overall pick is an average player, but he's saying that we should trade that pick and a player that we know is above average for a player that may not be above average themselves! Plus, if we're dead set on a defenseman with size, just take Nurse with the pick and keep Sam! Makes no sense......

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
No way to Oleksiak. Coke machine. I wonder if Staples is just trolling us a lot of the time.

I sometimes miss the old days of media where things happened and then we talked about them. The teams are going to do whatever they want.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Whipped my up own quick roster for fun. Not sure on the overpayments or not so be nice. I want Lecavlier :(

Hemsky for Smith
Horcoff and Nschultz are traded for something
Was thinking something like Gagner and Pick for a solid Dman but not sure who'd bite.

Hall (6m) - Lecavlier (6.5m) - Eberle (6m)
Stalberg (2.5m) - RNH (3.775m) - Yak (3.775m) ---> RNH can develop a bit
MPS (1.5m) - Smith (1.9m) - Clutterbuck (2.5m)
Petrell (800k) - Steckel (1.125m) - Lander (900k)
Brown (736k)

X - Petry (1.75m)
Smid (3.5m) - Jschultz (3.775m)
Klefbom (1.125m) - Belov (1.525m)
Potter (775k)

11.6 - 12ish million left, not sure what to do with the D position. Not sure about the 4th line, just trying to keep it cheap.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

He had an abominable regular season and really only stepped up in the last few games of the final. And now we're hearing that he's valued at a similar return as a 1st line winger? I don't buy it.

Bolland is definitely an upgrade on Shawn Horcoff. But honestly, how much of an upgrade is he?

I don't want Paajarvi going anywhere. He's a cheap, talented 2-way player who can play anywhere on the top-9. Moving him to help another team manage their cap would be an atrocious example of asset management.

Your moving him for a player that makes your team better and harder to play against. I don't see this team going anywhere next year if PRV's in the top 6. I could see him playing 3rd line minutes but I'd rather have a vet in that spot like Fedetenko.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Bolland had wrist and groin injuries for most the year and the playoffs

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I like Bolland but lets not get crazy here...

3 key elements to an elite 3rd line checker:

1) Winning faceoffs....Bolland is brutal in the dot.
2) Playing good 2-way hockey....okay he's got that covered.
3) Good size....nope.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
Not that i disagree with you about Bolland, but Faceoffs is the most useless stat in the league.

The difference between the best and worst teams in the league is about 3 faceoffs a game, take out neutral zones it becomes close to a dead heat, and maybe the goal differentials scored off a faceoff win from best to worst in the league is less than 10 goals.

Our team motto should be fix the breakout, make the playoffs. Chicago has the best breakout in the league but i would say that's mostly to do with seabrook, keith, and kane, and less to do with their other lines.

I definitely don't think it's an overrated stat.

If you're not winning the puck in your own zone, it's a defensive liability.

If you're not winning the puck in the offensive zone, you're giving up a chance for possession and shots on net.

If you're spending the whole game trying to get the puck back, you're not going to have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad