HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20240717_175305_Google.jpg

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
I wouldn't either. I was imploying the "if these are the only options I have I'm giving the absolute lowest value" opinion.

He isn't worth any of the choices.
C'mon lol. A 3rd rd has 88% chances to bust and not make NHL. + How many picks do we need now? We have 3 x 3rd rd in 2025!
But if they take Anderson, no picks and no salary retention.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
then KH here is our top six guy... he is not a risk at 2 years. if he is ok get him

I understand your logic, just not sure KH agrees with it, he's very much all about the culture of his team. He's also a person who genuinely looks out for his players and has empathy towards them, not sure he'd be comfortable putting Laine in a fishbowl.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
then KH here is our top six guy... he is not a risk at 2 years. if he is ok get him
Yeah, just because he is in assistance isn’t a big deal. If he is ready to play they should be all in on him. Forget about last year, the two years prior he was a point a game guy.

He will fetch way more than a 3rd. It won’t be too high but cbj isn’t going to give him away.

Reactions: sampollock

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
Yeah, just because he is in assistance isn’t a big deal. If he is ready to play they should be all in on him. Forget about last year, the two years prior he was a point a game guy.

He will fetch way more than a 3rd. It won’t be too high but cbj isn’t going to give him away.
Not sure about that. Basically, his value depends on his capacity to get back to form. Why do you think GMs want to talk to him before making a move?
A 3rd + taking his contract (25% retained) is fair. There's not that many teams that can do it.
Or take Andy one on one and we call it a day.
More than that, sorry... I'm out.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Not sure about that. Basically, his value depends on his capacity to get back to form. Why do you think GMs want to talk to him before making a move?
A 3rd + taking his contract (25% retained) is fair. There's not that many teams that can do it.
Or take Andy one on one and we call it a day.
More than that, sorry... I'm out.
CBJ can’t move him while he is in assistance. Any GM worth a grain of salt will want to talk to a player of his calibre who is two years from UFA.

A 3rd is a joke.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Seem to be forgetting th
CBJ can’t move him while he is in assistance. Any GM worth a grain of salt will want to talk to a player of his calibre who is two years from UFA.

A 3rd is a joke.
Seem to be forgetting he is often injured is in rehab and makes
$8,5 mil for 2 more years .They wont fetch little or nothing for him.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Y’all too busy discussing about Laine corrupting the whole Habs dressing room with all his mental health problems that you been sleeping on the news of cocaine Kuznetsov and Demidov potentially being teammates with SKA.

I’d be much more worried about that first.
live up your youth with your boy Kuz back home then settle down in mtl all quiet.

• Love
Reactions: the

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
corrrect... MSL is the NHL coach. Laine would not go the AHL

Gees guys thanks for clarifying that for me :rolleyes:

Let's say you work somewhere and you think your boss is a f*cking moron. He gets fired (good riddance), you also want to leave your job and are pondering between 2-3 places where to go.

You learn that the moron was hired by one of those companies, with a press release "he's OUR guy, we're so happy, our values align, etc".

of course it's speculation (like 99% of the posts on this site) but I know what I would do in real life if something similar happened. He'd bump into him anyway at training camp, etc.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
C'mon lol. A 3rd rd has 88% chances to bust and not make NHL. + How many picks do we need now? We have 3 x 3rd rd in 2025!
But if they take Anderson, no picks and no salary retention.

Why would NYI's want Anderson? We're talking about Wahlstrom not Laine. Wahlstrom is likely to hit waivers, which is why he isn't worth a 3rd.

Reactions: Tyson

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

Let's say you work somewhere and you think your boss is a f*cking moron. He gets fired (good riddance), you also want to leave your job and are pondering between 2-3 places where to go.

You learn that the moron was hired by one of those companies, with a press release "he's OUR guy, we're so happy, our values align, etc".

of course it's speculation (like 99% of the posts on this site) but I know what I would do in real life if something similar happened. He'd bump into him anyway at training camp, etc.

If he can't occasionally meet/see/be in the same room as someone he doesn't like for multi-millions a year, he's not cut out for the market. You set a pretty low bar.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I really don't think it means anything. Laine had far more issues in Columbus than a single benching that was at that time deserved.

Hopefully, his treatment is going well, and he comes back mentally healthier. If he does, that benching won't be on his mind. You move on.

Reactions: BLONG7 and HabbyGuy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad