HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Askarov. As much as I appreciate what Hughes has done, I don't see a leaguewide top 10 C/Dman/goalie in the organization which is essential for a cup contender. Goaltending is very hit-or-miss nowadays, but I think a guy like Askarov would be more reassuring than anyone we could get in the future. That being said, I'm not sure what we could realistically offer that fits their needs. They need RD and centers.

Reactions: Vachon23

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll add anything to get Matheson out of here to have Guhle at 1LD and Askarov potentially becoming a Vasi/Sorokin level goalie.
Matheson in a package would be a good trade chip for a veteran top tier RD.
There aren't too many teams that would consider it though.
Yes to getting Guhle back on the left side and yes to not having to force Reinbacher into that top pairing when he graduates.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Askarov. As much as I appreciate what Hughes has done, I don't see a leaguewide top 10 C/Dman/goalie in the organization which is essential for a cup contender. Goaltending is very hit-or-miss nowadays, but I think a guy like Askarov would be more reassuring than anyone we could get in the future. That being said, I'm not sure what we could realistically offer that fits their needs. They need RD and centers.
That’s exactly my opinion on why I would try to get Askarov

Kudos to Chevy, he always sticks to his guns and frequently makes the best out of a bad situation.
He’s one of the best in the league in my opinion

Reactions: The Great Weal

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Heineman has zero value.
Heineman is a good player but he is injury prone. Maybe that minimizes his value.
I would think Jets want players who will contribute this year. If they want forwards Roy would be the type of player they would target.
No interest in trading Roy though. Looking to add to forwards not lateral moves.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Wondering wat could be the cost for Askarov..... they probably need a 3rd goalie in case of injuries so I guess Dobes would be in the deal.

Dobes + Calgary 1st(top10 protected) for Askarov?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Imagine Dvo or Evans next to go if Beck has another great camp. Could see him jump into the 4th line role really easily and have some vets to play with.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Heineman is a good player but he is injury prone. Maybe that minimizes his value.
I would think Jets want players who will contribute this year. If they want forwards Roy would be the type of player they would target.
No interest in trading Roy though. Looking to add to forwards not lateral moves.
Given rumors from draft of 14OA pick going Jets away, and now Pit 2023 14OA pick - Chevaldayoff seems to have been targeting a F drafted in the 12-15OA range over past two drafts

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Several teams want Askarov. Vancouver could be confronted with a starter with a wonky knee (torn ACL?). What would it take to send a competitive offer? I'm assuming our wealth of good goalie prospects gives us an advantage.

And does Andersson want out of Calgary, or does the team have a cap crunch that could push him out?

Last, can the temporary tricks with waiver-exempt players get us under cap with those two on the roster? It could be cool if so. Beyond cool: wizardry.
The first brick to fall into place would be Calgary looking at what we are doing/have done and determine they need an all out tank.
They can have their pick back and Matheson who is on a decent contract and maybe another piece if we get Andersson.
Maybe they get to camp and realize just how shit they really are.

Reactions: Benstheman

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
You clearly haven't, I dunno what you've been watching when he's on.
Anderson has all the tools to be worth every cent, without even getting many points. He just needs to want it, and rn he doesnt... im hoping he figures it out this summer, and starts to realize this core is going to be a cup contender.. and hes riding shotgun..

Reactions: HabbyGuy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Imagine Dvo or Evans next to go if Beck has another great camp. Could see him jump into the 4th line role really easily and have some vets to play with.
One of them could be traded without Beck making the team. They just have to slot Newhook in the 3rd line center position to push Dvorak to the 4th line.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The first brick to fall into place would be Calgary looking at what we are doing/have done and determine they need an all out tank.
They can have their pick back and Matheson who is on a decent contract and maybe another piece if we get Andersson.
Maybe they get to camp and realize just how shit they really are.
I would do Matheson and Cal's 2025 1st for Andersson. Andersson would be a great compliment to Reinbacher and Mailloux on the right side. He would play 1st pair with Guhle for a couple years, the time Reinbacher is ready to take more responsabilities.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I'll be really really surprised if KH trades that Calgary 2025 1st before he has a very good idea of where it will land. Maybe at the trade deadline, but not now.
Imagine trading that pick now for late 1st value and it ends up becoming a top 5 pick in 2025 or even 1st OA in 2026. That'd be a disaster.
Yes, odds of that happening are very low, but as long as it's a possibility, i don't see why he would trade it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anderson has all the tools to be worth every cent, without even getting many points. He just needs to want it, and rn he doesnt... im hoping he figures it out this summer, and starts to realize this core is going to be a cup contender.. and hes riding shotgun..
He'll be much better off playing on a third line if Marty plays a more conventional game with 3 and 4.
They clearly wanted Anderson to play a more "instinctive" game but he just can't and it showed all over the ice.
We are starting to have enough talent on the top 6 to pull off Marty's vision with the right Dmen but not on 3 and 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad