HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We just made a significant move... Now between the current player+ propects+ picks we seem to have almost all the piece lineup to build a contender,
now is not the time to be overly aggressive we need to let player sort them self out see which one are good enough to build on and who can fill different roles. This is the exact step where it is easy to try to speed up the process and trip up, we need to be even more patient.
Once we know we have people that are good enough in the most important roles, than we can address the one that are missing or fill the secondary role.

There ton of Example Toronto, Edmonton, Detroit, Ottawa, Calgary of team that screw them self, some did or might over come their false starts but there were significant issue that set back their rebuild.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We just made a significant move... Now between the current player+ propects+ picks we seem to have almost all the piece lineup to build a contender,
now is not the time to be overly aggressive we need to let player sort them self out see which one are good enough to build on and who can fill different roles. This is the exact step where it is easy to try to speed up the process and trip up, we need to be even more patient.
Once we know we have people that are good enough in the most important roles, than we can address the one that are missing or fill the secondary role.

There ton of Example Toronto, Edmonton, Detroit, Ottawa, Calgary of team that screw them self, some did or might over come their false starts but there were significant issue that set back their rebuild.
F*ck that, nows the time to be Uber agressive in targeted moves which fit age + need - namely McGroarty + Askarov.

- McGroarty for Mailloux

- Askarov for Barron + 1st rounder top-15 protected if that’s what it takes

1724298826120.gif

• Haha
Reactions: the

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we end up acquiring Askarov, the plan could be:

24-25
Monty (starter)
Askarov (backup)

Ahl: Dobes
NCAA: Fowler

25-26
Monty
Askarov

Ahl: Dobes and Fowler

26-27
Askarov
Dobes

AHL: Fowler

(Monty traded with 1 year left on his contract)

27-28
Askarov
Dobes

Ahl: Fowler

28-29
Askarov
Fowler

(Dobes traded)

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
F*ck that, nows the time to be Uber agressive in targeted moves which fit age + need - namely McGroarty + Askarov.

- McGroarty for Mailloux

View attachment 902509
Askarov has not shown anything yet.

I have been defending Barron, and am not the greatest Mailloux fan at this stage but let s see what MTL has in store becore tradinf the farm.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Yes and that pick might be Mckenna... but Florida will screw us again... We when from having a 2nd lottery pick in 2023 to ending up with 31st... and now again the CGY pick would certainly have been great but will get Florida...
And Floridas is going to be 11th oa.. teams are going to start busting soon.. the atlantic is due for a shakeup.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I actually thought he would have a big year because he had a really good camp and finished the previous year pretty strong too. It all went downhill when the season started.

I agree, I thought the season prior to last was Anderson's best hockey of his career. Last year was so damn frustrating and annoying to watch him flounder and float after the first month and things didn't go his way. I didn't even care that he wasn't scoring, it was his lack of any kind of engagement that was so infuriating.

Anderson still has value to his team with his size speed and physicality even without producing. The fact he couldn't be bothered to even do that, as a veteran on this young team, is what pissed most of us off.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Anderson still has value to his team with his size speed and physicality even without producing. The fact he couldn't be bothered to do that as a veteran on this young team is what pissed most of us off.
Why is this often repeated when it's been proven to not be true? Anderson is a BAD forechecker because he's CONSTANTLY behind the play. He doesn't use his body nearly as much as some of you imply. He doesn't carry the puck well at all either. His physicality is a non-factor.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Why is this often repeated when it's been proven to not be true? Anderson is a BAD forechecker because he's CONSTANTLY behind the play. He doesn't use his body nearly as much as some of you imply. He doesn't carry the puck well at all either. His physicality is a non-factor.

How can something demonstrably false be proven? Lets just agree to disagree, an engaged Josh Anderson is a handful for any team to deal with. Just ask Jon Cooper who said they had no answer for him in their sweep loss to Columbus or ask the Leafs every time he plays them.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
How can something false be proven? Lets just agree to disagree, an engaged Josh Anderson is a handful for any team to deal with. Just ask Jon Cooper who said they had no answer for him in their sweep loss to Columbus or ask the Leafs every time he plays them.

Oh boy, I hope to one day see "an engaged Josh Anderson".

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

- McGroarty for Mailloux

View attachment 902509
You trading a lot of right D aren't you? One of hardest assets to get

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You trading a lot of right D aren't you? One of hardest assets to get
Gotta give to get - IMO an NHL ready top-6 power F and potential starting G are the last 2-core elements needed for rebuild completion - w Demigod + Redenbacher a season away

From that point fwd it’s all about organic growth + key veteran additions + asset / cap management to keep feeding the prospect pool while building up trade ammo

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

I have been defending Barron, and am not the greatest Mailloux fan at this stage but let s see what MTL has in store becore tradinf the farm.
Agreed. Askarov's own team doesn't think he's ready for the NHL, as they signed Scott Wedgewood to a two year contract to backup the recently extended Saros. Some folks here are acting like Askarov is a slam dunk future star, while there are questions about whether he will actually be future starter material.

Trading away RD prospects for an unproven goalie prospect makes no sense to me.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Agreed................if Askarov is that good....................why did they not package Saros instead of signing him longer term??
Trust the process boys, we are going in the right direction

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I agree, I thought the season prior to last was Anderson's best hockey of his career. Last year was so damn frustrating and annoying to watch him flounder and float after the first month and things didn't go his way. I didn't even care that he wasn't scoring, it was his lack of any kind of engagement that was so infuriating.

Anderson still has value to his team with his size speed and physicality even without producing. The fact he couldn't be bothered to even do that, as a veteran on this young team, is what pissed most of us off.
Andy was bad last year, and then he was pouting and made it worse......I am hopeful he comes back with passion and proves everyone wrong, but I for one will not hold my breath.
If he does it, it will be from the 3rd line.......he can have a role on the team, let's hope he accepts it.

This is coming from a fan of his who has been left always wanting more from him......the ball is firmly in his court. Thinking Dvorak and Roy will be his linemates......let's see how it goes.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In terms of Goalie prospects in the league, the Athletic has Askarov #2 and Fowler #3. Why give away top assets for someone who has not pushed for a spot on his team and has asked for a trade? Too risky...our guy will be Fowler.

I would listen to Askarov trade talks but no way we should be opening up our futures to acquire him when we are in solid shape with Monty/Primeau/Fowler.

Wouldn't it be a shame if we trade for Askarov and he is not even better than Primeau? Primeau is older and more NHL ready. He really worked hard last year in between games to improve and he deserves more credit or respect.

If we are using youth to acquire youth, go get McGroarty.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In terms of Goalie prospects in the league, the Athletic has Askarov #2 and Fowler #3. Why give away top assets for someone who has not pushed for a spot on his team and has asked for a trade? Too risky...our guy will be Fowler.

You just be around it.. Hughes is smart, he's not gonna sell the farm for Askarov.. but if there's an opportunity to turn someone like Barron and excess of picks into Askarov, you might as well do it. Barron will be supplanted quickly by Mailloux and Reinbacher.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
You just be around it.. Hughes is smart, he's not gonna sell the farm for Askarov.. but if there's an opportunity to turn someone like Barron and excess of picks into Askarov, you might as well do it. Barron will be supplanted quickly by Mailloux and Reinbacher .
The team still needs a 3rd Rd - - unless they want to keep playing Guhle on his wrong side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad