Value of: Trade Leon??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
you completely ignored the return, focusing only on what your cost was.

setting aside any other aspect of it, Lindy + Broberg are nec so there is ballpark cap balance.

And again, we do not even think about surrendering Shesty unless LeoDrai is on the table and Shesty is recognized as signif core value vs his value.

Otherwise, happy to maintain status quo
Welcome to the wonderful world of Rags fans. I loathe the Oilers, but this package would be far closer to fair value if you removed Draisaitl.

Rags fans will think they are overpaying. I've never seen a more collectively deluded group of people.

Fair value for Draisaitl would be Fox and Shesterkin. Draisaitl for me has more trade value than McDavid.

Feb 19, 2018
There isn't really a fair trade that a team could possibly put together. That said, would something from the Canucks along the lines of Miller, Boeser and Pete equate? Canucks would need a prospect with top 6 upside coming back as well, unfortunately. Sending out an entire first line guts the team a bit.

It would be preferable to send out two of those pieces for D help and futures, but since we are in the Draisatl thread...
Well this isn’t happening. Now way Canucks do that

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
It’s never going to happen but I’ll play for fun. I’m going to assume that the objective is to win the Cup this season.

Drai + goaltender to LA for Quick, Kopitar, Kempe, Roy, protected first in 2022.

Quick is near his 2012 form and is money in the clutch. Kopitar is still elite defensively and gives a 1c in the 2c spot. Improves the Oilers defensively and on the PK. Kempe is good secondary scoring and strong both ways and plays all situations. Roy solidifies blue line.

Value favours LA but Oilers concede far less without giving up too much scoring. Kings need to retain but I can’t be bothered working out the cash. It’s just for fun after all - I’m bored waiting for a student to turn up.
Thats almost as bad as the offer from Montreal earlier on in this thread. It may even be worse

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It would take Hughes straight up. It would also be a dumb move for both team.

Hughes straight up for Draisaitl isn’t remotely close to happening.

it is astounding how people don’t seem to understand just how freaking valuable LD is.

Hughes for Draisaitl straight up would be a f***ing terrible move for Edmonton and a coup for Vancouver. Remember Hall for Larson? This deal wouldn’t even be that. It would be the rumored Hall for Cody Ceci deal

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Yes, but nowhere near enough to supplant what Draisaitl already gives Edmonton that allows them to win games currently. If you ask me, they can go deep with the roster they have (maybe just an upgrade on Koskinen for MAF), they just need to stop with the playoff no-show syndrome.

Go deep? They're barely in a playoff spot.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If the right guy like Drai became available then I think the Rangers would back up the brinks truck. They’ve stockpiled a lot of assets the last 3-4 years.

I hate making trade suggestions for players of such a high caliber though because it never sounds like enough so I’ll refrain.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Welcome to the wonderful world of Rags fans. I loathe the Oilers, but this package would be far closer to fair value if you removed Draisaitl.

Rags fans will think they are overpaying. I've never seen a more collectively deluded group of people.

Fair value for Draisaitl would be Fox and Shesterkin. Draisaitl for me has more trade value than McDavid.

In fairness, most large fan bases on here carry some unique posters with unique perspectives...

As for your trade offer, Drai or no Drai... Rangers aren’t moving Fox. It’s hard to imagine a deal where Fox is moved out and the Rangers improve. Especially, when it also recreates Edmonton’s goaltending situation in NY.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Again add quality depth around him and Mcdavid, I said it before they need 1 more star they need a Mitch Marner or William Nylander caliber player because if they had a Mitch Marner or William Nylander caliber player they could put that guy with Mcdavid and Hyman, you could put RNH with Drai and pool party and we wouldn't be talking about the lack of depth in Edmonton.

Mcdavid NEEDS help he can't do it alone, get him a star to play with.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
no-words-speechless.gif
You find yourself speechless, so let me help.

There are like 5 netminders who all are ballpark close to being in discussion for league's best goalie. Particularly if age/cap hit are part of the measuring stick Shesty is one of those 5.

Your failure to admit to that is the root cause of your problem.
Physician, heal thy self.

called out for extensive bs
Fox is off the table and is close to coke for pepsi by himself, no add, if he were avaiable for this trade.

As noted above, Shesty is one of five who can make case to be NHL's top G. That IS major chunk of Drai value covered.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Again add quality depth around him and Mcdavid, I said it before they need 1 more star they need a Mitch Marner or William Nylander caliber player because if they had a Mitch Marner or William Nylander caliber player they could put that guy with Mcdavid and Hyman, you could put RNH with Drai and pool party and we wouldn't be talking about the lack of depth in Edmonton.

Mcdavid NEEDS help he can't do it alone, get him a star to play with.
Drai is that star to play with. they need a defense upgrade and a better goalie.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Drai is that star to play with. they need a defense upgrade and a better goalie.

No he's not because they can't play them together because then they become a 1 line team.

I'm talking about a star that he can have on his wing that allows them to play Drai with RNH and Pool party and actually have a top 6 not a top 2

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
You find yourself speechless, so let me help.

There are like 5 netminders who all are ballpark close to being in discussion for league's best goalie. Particularly if age/cap hit are part of the measuring stick Shesty is one of those 5.

Your failure to admit to that is the root cause of your problem.
Physician, heal thy self.

called out for extensive bs
Fox is off the table and is close to coke for pepsi by himself, no add, if he were avaiable for this trade.

As noted above, Shesty is one of five who can make case to be NHL's top G. That IS major chunk of Drai value covered.

But it isn't though. Goalies, no matter how good, do not have that type of value. Goalies are a fugazi, a fugayzi, a wazzy, they're a woozy, their performance generally is not f***ing real. You're just as likely to have a guy pop up from nowhere (a la Jordan Binnington) as you are someone else. Is Shesterkin valuable? Absolutely. But he is not anywhere near in value to a top line, bonafide MVP level center. He's just not. Carolina picked up Freddy Anderson for a song. He's performing at the exact same level Shesterkin is statistically. Jonathan Bernier on some of the most wretched Red Wings teams I've seen in my life turned out .910-.915 sv% seasons and actually stole a game or two, again, with an AHL roster. Goalies are ultra important, but they're schrodinger's position. They're important, but they're almost completely unimportant. Getting a hot goalie for a playoff run is more important than having a "good" goalie.

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
Short term - several holes, cap limitations. Med term - too much dead cap tied up in over payments. Long term - One or both of Drai and Mcdavid will probably bolt. I think the only way out of this mess is to trade both of them and rebuild properly as their primes will be wasted, but would be an unpalatable tough sell.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Maybe Shesterkin + Panarin for Draisaitl + Koskinen (while retaining 50%)? This could work.

Value wise, I suppose that's not nutty. I don't know what it does for either team though.

Edmonton loves their one-two punch of elite Cs and they're adding 2.5M to the cap between Breadman and Draisaitl swap for a couple years. They're already going to be close to the cap as it stands. They swap an elite C for an elite W. Seems legit, but then they're stuck in the "we basically have one elite line and one eh second line and are still capped out. That would actually be my biggest worry here... does Edmonton even have the cap for this?

Shesterkin is a huge upgrade to the goalie room and Koskinen's not worth a ton.

As a move just to make a move, I can see it, but this is why trades like this don't happen. Both get something they need but open up another gaping hole in their lineup to do it. I think the smarter move is to go affordable blueline help and maybe flip a retained Koskinen to a team like Detroit or Carolina or somewhere and try to snag their better backup/1b like Greiss or Raanta. People will want to do something big to shake up Edmonton, but I don't think that's necessary. They are in all of these playoff series... they just need to have a bounce or two go their way. They don't have the assets to surrender to really afford a huge shakeup to their roster unless they're going to fundamentally shift what they're doing.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sounds outrageous I know but could the Oilers get a better deal for him than the Sabres got for Eichel to help fill some chronic holes in the lineup that are keeping this team from becoming a serious cup contender? What do you guys think? o_O
Quite a drastic step but could work out with right package. I imagine Oil will change coaches in hopes of a short term surge to team instead. Somebody like Guy Boucher is usually good for first year or two. He was early hit in Tampa and Ottawa before fading.

Habs offer Toffoli, Chiarot, Allen, Dvorak for Leon, Koskinen?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Quite a drastic step but could work out with right package. I imagine Oil will change coaches in hopes of a short term surge to team instead. Somebody like Guy Boucher is usually good for first year or two. He was early hit in Tampa and Ottawa before fading.

That's a joke, right?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Welcome to HFBOARDS no it's not a joke pathetic trade proposals are a long running tradition

Yes, you're right, of course.

The fact remains the Oilers need a 3C, a RW, an upgrade on D (I prefer two top 4 guys, right and left) and a 1A goalie.

That is a tall order but they have guys like Broberg, Bourgault, Holloway and their 1sts to make it happen. Tack on some short term cap dumps and it should be doable. None of these trades require moving Bouchard, Nurse, McDavid or Draisaitl. In my opinion those are the four that are the core pieces.

They lost last night to the Leafs, true, but they were missing RNH and McDavid. And they weren't blown out.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

No. f*** no. I don't know how if any words exist to state how much no there is against this offer.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yes, you're right, of course.

The fact remains the Oilers need a 3C, a RW, an upgrade on D (I prefer two top 4 guys, right and left) and a 1A goalie.

That is a tall order but they have guys like Broberg, Bourgault, Holloway and their 1sts to make it happen. Tack on some short term cap dumps and it should be doable. None of these trades require moving Bouchard, Nurse, McDavid or Draisaitl. In my opinion those are the four that are the core pieces.

They lost last night to the Leafs, true, but they were missing RNH and McDavid. And they weren't blown out.

100%. It's stupid to trade a 1C to fill depth spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad