Value of: Trade Leon??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No way Rangers move Geo for a 2nd. That's talking thru your hat.

Why they move him, he's depth and they are a cup team

stop w/constant win now bs
we have sufficient backup for this yr in Kinkaid as Shesty is our main guy and will be played max w'o overwork

also Huska got zero support vs Avs, a quality opponent
he should be fine vs weaker teams if they support him

build assets which can help w/trade position
and get ahead of cap

no self rental stupidity

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This is awful for the Oilers...my guess is it would take something closer to this

Nylander
Rielly
1st 2022
Campbell
Niemala/Robertson

Draisaitl + goalie
Agreed, I felt like I undervalued… I feel like the cost to get Drai would only be a lateral move at best. We lose a 1W 1D 1G. The thing that hurts most is losing Campbell as there is no suitable replace.

I still believe McDrai trader fixes nothing, they gotta get creative. They’ve kept the same goaltending for 3 years when it’s failed them everytime. The depth forwards are so bad that nick ritchie probably plays 3rd line for them. The management needs to find the real flaws and fix those

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Agreed, I felt like I undervalued… I feel like the cost to get Drai would only be a lateral move at best. We lose a 1W 1D 1G. The thing that hurts most is losing Campbell as there is no suitable replace.

I still believe McDrai trader fixes nothing, they gotta get creative. They’ve kept the same goaltending for 3 years when it’s failed them everytime. The depth forwards are so bad that nick ritchie probably plays 3rd line for them. The management needs to find the real flaws and fix those

I agree, I don't think that's a trade the Leafs should make. You're adding arguably the 2nd best player in the league but taking a step back in so many more areas on the team.

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Nobody is trading a #1 D, a #C and a #G for Draisatl or even McDavid. Otherwise, you become the Oilers.

What you are gonna get at the very best for one of those piece is a 2 first, 1 grade A prospect and 1 good NHL player(like a legit top 6 forward of a ledit #3 dmen).

You ain't selling your core just to get a franchise player.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
There aren’t many teams that make sense, but Dallas could work? They need a rebuild imo, and Drai just gives ‘em a key piece to work around. They have goalies galore, they have some forwards they could move, they could potentially get rid of some bloated contracts in the trade- idk contracts/cap, but somethin like

Holtby
Benn
Hintz
Heiskanen

for

Drai

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008
There aren’t many teams that make sense, but Dallas could work? They need a rebuild imo, and Drai just gives ‘em a key piece to work around. They have goalies galore, they have some forwards they could move, they could potentially get rid of some bloated contracts in the trade- idk contracts/cap, but somethin like

Holtby
Benn
Hintz
Heiskanen

for

Drai

i would do this as an oilers fan

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
This is awful for the Oilers...my guess is it would take something closer to this

Nylander
Rielly
1st 2022
Campbell
Niemala/Robertson

Draisaitl + goalie
Lol Toronto isn't trading our top winger, defender, goalie, prospect and a 1st for another C when we have Matthews and JT

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
You did see Benn and his 9.5 million in there right? That trade is not affordable first of all and secondly we give up the best player in the deal by a mile. Just terrible.

Ya that’s where I figure retention needs to be brought in- to me it’s a starting point, but I’d understand if you’d want Benn swapped out. To me, if he’s retained at 50%- he’s a forward that helps the Oilers. Still might need an add from Dallas, maybe somethin smaller from Edmonton to balance the salaries out, but I’m not invested enough for those finishing touches. I just think Dallas makes the most sense, really.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Holtby
Benn
Hintz
Heiskanen

for

Drai

does that not add like 20 million in cap to Edmonton? Drai only makes 8.5, that’s part of why he’s so valuable

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
not happening
but Drai is one guy I would incl Shesty in a package
and gamble on Benny Allaire developing a high end replacement

Drai + Broberg + 1st
for
Shesty + Lindgren + Krav

something like that

but again, not happening
Wow man.

You actually get worse at this each and every day.

Drai would coat minimum shesty, laff and kakko. And it wouldn't be the oilers that add a top prospect and 1st rounder as throw ins either.

Give your head a shake.

Top 3 players in the world on amazing contracts don't get traded. And if they do get traded it will be for much more than that.

I get that you are a Rangers fan who really wants broberg but it's possible to view a trade proposal without always throwing him into already ridiculous offers.

Wow just wow

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Not missing anything.
regardless of worth, NY does not move shesty/+ for less than Drai, and we are not gutting overpay to get Drai

very happy w/youth, depth and a few stars
Fine then if you are happy with your depth and youth you can stop with the ridiculously absurd trade proposals. Ones that are always super one sided and always to the Rangers benefit where you aggressively defend them in such a confusing and embarrassing manner.

I swear you just don't get it and never will

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad