Value of: Trade Leon??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Nobody is trading a #1 D, a #C and a #G for Draisatl or even McDavid. Otherwise, you become the Oilers.

What you are gonna get at the very best for one of those piece is a 2 first, 1 grade A prospect and 1 good NHL player(like a legit top 6 forward of a ledit #3 dmen).

You ain't selling your core just to get a franchise player.
Then the oilers will never trade him because that is a ridiculously low price for one of the works best players who has one of the best contracts in the league for this year and 3 more years.

A team would have to offer way more than what jack eichel got and what you mentioned is just about the same as Buffalo got.

Drai is much better, cheaper, healthier and has far less baggage than jack.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yes, but nowhere near enough to supplant what Draisaitl already gives Edmonton that allows them to win games currently. If you ask me, they can go deep with the roster they have (maybe just an upgrade on Koskinen for MAF), they just need to stop with the playoff no-show syndrome.

Leon could be traded for Chychurun, Lawson Crouse, Guenther and Coyotes 1st round and 2nd round pick. Gives the Oilers a really high 1st round pick this year too which they could draft a really good prospect while getting a bit of cap relief when they will get these high end prospects playing in 2 years.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
There aren’t many teams that make sense, but Dallas could work? They need a rebuild imo, and Drai just gives ‘em a key piece to work around. They have goalies galore, they have some forwards they could move, they could potentially get rid of some bloated contracts in the trade- idk contracts/cap, but somethin like

Holtby
Benn
Hintz
Heiskanen

for

Drai
Get your head out of the gutter…

Benn is not doing great, but we are in no hurry to that badly get rid of him. He is probably overpaid by like $3mil or so. That in no way warrants loosing a 1C and an elite 1D.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't see how another team could afford him without leaving gaping holes in their own lineup, unless the return was a simply a need-based hockey trade, player for player.

What team has one or two highly valuable and productive NHL players they'd be willing to offload for Draisatl? I can't think of one.

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008
You did see Benn and his 9.5 million in there right? That trade is not affordable first of all and secondly we give up the best player in the deal by a mile. Just terrible.

ah right I forgot about benns cap hit. You are seriously underrating heiskinen

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
No way a NHL GM trades away a top 2/3/4/5 player in the league in his prime. Too much risk. If the return doesn’t work out , you set the franchise back even further. It would be almost impossible to get full value in trade . If it didn’t work out , the GM would be fired and probably never get another NHL gig and go down in history as the jackass that traded Draisaitl for magic beans.
There is a possibility that a trade could make the Oilers better but no GM is going to stick their neck out and actually trade him.

Only remotely close trade I can think of for a comparison is Thornton . That failed miserably.
Lindross trade is different circumstances but could somewhat be used as a comparison?
I haven’t looked at the initial Lindross trade close enough to know who really “won” the trade.
In your opinion, who “won” the Jarome Iginla for Joe Nieuwendyk trade?

Reactions: TFHockey

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fine then if you are happy with your depth and youth you can stop with the ridiculously absurd trade proposals. Ones that are always super one sided and always to the Rangers benefit where you aggressively defend them in such a confusing and embarrassing manner.

I swear you just don't get it and never will

I will not be told by you or anyone else what I can and cannot do.

As to my posts, arguably people want all those bluest blue chip assets NY does not want to trade anyway, and if they were to even consider any deals, it should only be at what is Rangers' long term best interests.

Hypocrites who don't like that, well...
let's not finish that sentence.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
I will not be told by you or anyone else what I can and cannot do.

As to my posts, arguably people want all those bluest blue chip assets NY does not want to trade anyway, and if they were to even consider any deals, it should only be at what is Rangers' long term best interests.

Hypocrites who don't like that, well...
let's not finish that sentence.

Ok but you never consider the other teams best interests at all.

You try to break it down by writing a thousand words that say nothing, is not researched, uneducated, confusing and arrogant.

But none of us are actually in any position to make any of these trades and its all just Armchair GMing for us. I am just telling you that your proposals are predictable and embarrassing. Each and every one of them. No matter how you try to explain it, they all make the other teams so much worse in the present and the future and the NYR come out looking like bandits. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ok but you never consider the other teams best interests at all.

You try to break it down by writing a thousand words that say nothing, is not researched, uneducated, confusing and arrogant.

But none of us are actually in any position to make any of these trades and its all just Armchair GMing for us. I am just telling you that your proposals are predictable and embarrassing. Each and every one of them. No matter how you try to explain it, they all make the other teams so much worse in the present and the future and the NYR come out looking like bandits. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

let's be polite here and say we agree to disagree.

but just before, let me say that in the EDM-NYR thread at post 106, I have a prop Oil fans like and called win-win.
So there.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
this is 2 sides of the same coin, attempting to spin it to control the narrative is no less homer than you allege

Drai not going anywhere w/o a Shesty
Shesty not going anywhere w/o a Drai

and again for the record
responding as a courtesy to OP asking what if, what would it take

not advising Oil to deal either McD or LeoDrai
not advising NY to deal Shesty

You are arguing because you will never admit your wrong . Please sure a list of the goalies that have been traded for a top 5 player / Centre in the NHL . Roy never returned a player as good as Draisaitl . Shesty is also injured a lot , I read .

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Get your head out of the gutter…

Benn is not doing great, but we are in no hurry to that badly get rid of him. He is probably overpaid by like $3mil or so. That in no way warrants loosing a 1C and an elite 1D.

Sweet, I have both sides telling me I’m wrong, that’s how I know I’m in the ballpark.

Seriously, do you think Dallas is anywhere close to a cup? Sorry, I don’t. Benn is only gonna get older and less effective, and Heiskanen has pretty much said he wants out because a resigning isn’t unlikely. Get yourself a star on a cheap contract, build around that.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Sweet, I have both sides telling me I’m wrong, that’s how I know I’m in the ballpark.

Seriously, do you think Dallas is anywhere close to a cup? Sorry, I don’t. Benn is only gonna get older and less effective, and Heiskanen has pretty much said he wants out because a resigning isn’t unlikely. Get yourself a star on a cheap contract, build around that.

That tells everything I need to know. That's also not how you measure a fit.

Heiskanen has an 8 year extension starting from this season.
Klingberg was alledged of having asked for a trade, which he debunked in a media conference. Stated that wants to stay but the Stars are not budging on their offers. So he might be out at some point.

Hintz is also a number one center, signed for $3mil through next season. Was just snakebit to start the season with 1p in 10gp, followed by 22p in 20gp. Pretty much capable of being PPG center in this league. His underlying numbers also support the high-end defensive play. Which makes up for the difference in point production.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Klingberg was alledged of having asked for a trade, which he debunked in a media conference. Stated that wants to stay but the Stars are not budging on their offers. So he might be out at some point.

Hintz is also a number one center, signed for $3mil through next season. Was just snakebit to start the season with 1p in 10gp, followed by 22p in 20gp. Pretty much capable of being PPG center in this league. His underlying numbers also support the high-end defensive play. Which makes up for the difference in point production.

If I were Edmonton's GM I'd certainly demand Heiskanen and Hintz in a Draisaitl trade. Big fans of both.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Oof you’re right, I was thinking Klingberg and saying Heiskanen, my bad.

That said- does that not change the valuation in your mind? I like Hintz, don’t get me wrong, but- you’d be trading out an aging overpaid vet, a starting goalie who might be below your presumed backup, a good d-man who wants out, and a solid young piece for.. arguably one of the top 5 players in the world. I’m just saying- I don’t think Dallas has the star power to win it all currently, but I could see retooling around Drai and just going boom or bust on the results.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Oof you’re right, I was thinking Klingberg and saying Heiskanen, my bad.

That said- does that not change the valuation in your mind? I like Hintz, don’t get me wrong, but- you’d be trading out an aging overpaid vet, a starting goalie who might be below your presumed backup, a good d-man who wants out, and a solid young piece for.. arguably one of the top 5 players in the world. I’m just saying- I don’t think Dallas has the star power to win it all currently, but I could see retooling around Drai and just going boom or bust on the results.

Assuming that Dallas is out of the playoff hunt at the TDL and Klingberg is not looking to sign with the Stars, then sure the valuation of Klingberg, Hintz, Benn package is a lot more enticing and realistic. And one Dallas could consider. The one thing that has me questioning it is the "How will he fit into Dallas' system". He will definitely not be a 1.25+PPG player in the system the Stars are running, so he would need to really work on his defensive game. Not sure how much of that can be blamed on Edmonton's system, but as it stands, that contrast is stark.

Adding Holtby (if he keeps his current play up) is a tricky one. The amount of teams looking for stability in net for a cup run, could bump up Holtby's value and therefore Dallas should maximize value by trading him in a separate deal.

Also it's worth noting that Draisaitl will need a new contract in a few seasons and he is going to get PAAAAID.
And he will be 30 when the new contract starts.

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
That is a lot of hyperbole. If Leon Draisiatl's name is mentioned in a trade, no GM in the league hangs up when one of his his best defensemen is asked for.

It really isn’t. Heiskanen is the most important player in Dallas. A franchise cornerstone, around who the next core of Dallas is built around. Signed for 8 years at an excellent price and is only 22. He isn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: Dick Knows

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It really isn’t. Heiskanen is the most important player in Dallas. A franchise cornerstone, around who the next core of Dallas is built around. Signed for 8 years at an excellent price and is only 22. He isn’t going anywhere.

Which is fine, but don't expect a proposal for Draisaitl without him to be taken in any way seriously.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Leon could be traded for Chychurun, Lawson Crouse, Guenther and Coyotes 1st round and 2nd round pick. Gives the Oilers a really high 1st round pick this year too which they could draft a really good prospect while getting a bit of cap relief when they will get these high end prospects playing in 2 years.

You got to be kidding me!
OfC all fans are overvaluing players but ffs!

We are talking about an under 25 year player that has multiple 50 goal and 100pt seasons.

No. Other team fans can contimue dreaming. Good night.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

The same word on McDavid and Draisaitl.

Thread can be locked.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad