Value of: Trade Leon??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That is good offer. We could get 4 first round picks for those players. Plus a 2nd in Toffoli and throw in for Chiarot. That's 4 first round assets.

No, it isn't.

4 quarters don't equal a dollar. Toffoli gets you a late first and a 2nd. Chiarot gets you a late first. I don't care if you paid a 1st and a 3rd for Dvorak, that's not what Edmonton would be interested in paying.

And I hope you're not perscribing a 1st round value to Jake Allen. Jake Allen is pretty statistically similar to Mikko Koskinen. So, that swap isn't you doing Edmonton a favor, that's you swapping roughly equivalent goalies. Allen is less expensive, but has another year. Koskinen is essentially a rental. Draisaitl is a healthy MVP candidate who is being paid 8.5M for the next three years.

This is a bad deal. I don't care that your players have value. That value they have does not equal what you're trying to acquire and it does not actually improve the Edmonton Oilers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl is better than Eichel has ever been, and he’s not broken or disgruntled (yet). It’d need to be a gargantuan package that addresses basically every need this team has *and* doesn’t add cap space because we don’t have any.

Good luck.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Quite a drastic step but could work out with right package. I imagine Oil will change coaches in hopes of a short term surge to team instead. Somebody like Guy Boucher is usually good for first year or two. He was early hit in Tampa and Ottawa before fading.

Habs offer Toffoli, Chiarot, Allen, Dvorak for Leon, Koskinen?

i need to bleach my eyeballs after reading this diaper fire of an offer.

Start with Suzuki and add firsts and futures until it makes you puke, then keep adding.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
i need to bleach my eyeballs after reading this diaper fire of an offer.

Start with Suzuki and add firsts and futures until it makes you puke, then keep adding.
Lol! Keep on dreaming! If 4 first round picks and 2 seconds not enough you best keep Leon and miss playoffs again.

Not like he has led Oilers anywhere

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol! Keep on dreaming! If 4 first round picks and 2 seconds not enough you best keep Leon and miss playoffs again.

There it is, bad offer refused and the follow up is "your guy sucks anyway." In this case "your guy" is the guy who just won the Hart, Art Ross and Ted Lindsay just a little while ago. And is 2nd in scoring this year.

Yeah? But what has done besides that? Huh? Huh? :laugh:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

You're not offering 4 first round picks and 2 2nds, you're offering a pile of meh and Tyler Toffoli and saying it represents that value when we'd have to be the ones trying to recoup it.

Nobody is paying you a first for Dvorak just because you gave one up. Chiarot is a rental and since we stink now we won't be trading for rentals, never mind giving up a first. Allen is 5-15 with a .903 and an extra year, he's not getting you a first either. Nobody is giving you a superstar like Leon Draisaitl for a bunch of mediocre stuff having bad years that you don't want anymore, get real.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Quite a drastic step but could work out with right package. I imagine Oil will change coaches in hopes of a short term surge to team instead. Somebody like Guy Boucher is usually good for first year or two. He was early hit in Tampa and Ottawa before fading.

Habs offer Toffoli, Chiarot, Allen, Dvorak for Leon, Koskinen?

And fans bash TML , I rather send Lean and Connor to TML 50% retained so the win the next 5 cups and can laugh at Montreal .

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You don’t trade him or Mcdavid unless they openly want out. Using Toronto as an example, I’d say I would wanna give up
I’m gonna use Nylander as an example to make cap a lot easier and Edmonton saves 3-4 million in the total deal to try and keep finding fixes to roster, but Marner can be swapped in too.

Nylander + Muzzin + 1st + Robertson/Amirov

that’s equivalent to 5-6 first round picks

oilers would want maybe something like
Nylander + Rielly + 1st + 1st + Amirov

And this is only if we talk mixed futures and now if we talk full roster or fill futures it would be like

roster(value wise)
nylander + Rielly + Kase + Muzzin + bunting?

we can’t even do full futures cuz we have nothing enticing enough but my best shot would be
Amirov + Robertson + Niemela + Sandin + 1st
oilers Aren’t gonna take 2 top 6 prospects tops and 2 top 4 dman tops with a 1st

you gotta try and shed koskinen, Turris, Ryan, Sceviour and barrie and maybe smith then replace them with either in house options or good deals

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You don’t trade him or Mcdavid unless they openly want out. Using Toronto as an example, I’d say I would wanna give up
I’m gonna use Nylander as an example to make cap a lot easier and Edmonton saves 3-4 million in the total deal to try and keep finding fixes to roster, but Marner can be swapped in too.

Nylander + Muzzin + 1st + Robertson/Amirov

that’s equivalent to 5-6 first round picks

oilers would want maybe something like
Nylander + Rielly + 1st + 1st + Amirov

And this is only if we talk mixed futures and now if we talk full roster or fill futures it would be like

roster(value wise)
nylander + Rielly + Kase + Muzzin + bunting?

we can’t even do full futures cuz we have nothing enticing enough but my best shot would be
Amirov + Robertson + Niemela + Sandin + 1st
oilers Aren’t gonna take 2 top 6 prospects tops and 2 top 4 dman tops with a 1st

you gotta try and shed koskinen, Turris, Ryan, Sceviour and barrie and maybe smith then replace them with either in house options or good deals

Yep, as ever, Connor and Leon aren’t the problem. It’s the likes of Keith+Barrie+Kassian+Koskinen+Smith+Turris+buyouts and dead cap taking a full 25 million bucks in cap space that’s the problem. Downgrading Connor or Leon for lesser pieces and futures just exacerbates the issue.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
But it isn't though. Goalies, no matter how good, do not have that type of value. Goalies are a fugazi, a fugayzi, a wazzy, they're a woozy, their performance generally is not f***ing real. You're just as likely to have a guy pop up from nowhere (a la Jordan Binnington) as you are someone else. Is Shesterkin valuable? Absolutely. But he is not anywhere near in value to a top line, bonafide MVP level center. He's just not. Carolina picked up Freddy Anderson for a song. He's performing at the exact same level Shesterkin is statistically. Jonathan Bernier on some of the most wretched Red Wings teams I've seen in my life turned out .910-.915 sv% seasons and actually stole a game or two, again, with an AHL roster. Goalies are ultra important, but they're schrodinger's position. They're important, but they're almost completely unimportant. Getting a hot goalie for a playoff run is more important than having a "good" goalie.
THX for saying it politely for me... I would have get an infraction and he's not worth it

As far as I'm concerned, he's in the top of biased/homer posters here on HFB

UED

May 2, 2021
if the oilers would rather have a bunch of replaceable trash than Leon Draisaitl they can have my favorite team's replaceable trash, but I suggest keeping him and waiting a couple seasons for Holloway and Bourgault to give them a 3rd line, while signing or trading for a depth player per year to phase out the Turris and Bensons of their team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
if the oilers would rather have a bunch of replaceable trash than Leon Draisaitl they can have my favorite team's replaceable trash, but I suggest keeping him and waiting a couple seasons for Holloway and Bourgault to give them a 3rd line, while signing or trading for a depth player per year to phase out the Turris and Bensons of their team.

Benson, believe it or not, is our 2nd most physical forward and has been a buzzsaw the last handful of games. His real problem is he's miscast as a physical grunty 4th liner under Dave Tippett when his strengths are offensive awareness, vision, and playmaking.

He hasn't once - not even once - been tried with skilled players.

Reactions: GOilers88

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
It would never happen, but what about Larkin, Zadina, Cossa and 2 unprotected 1sts?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Oilers roster has big issues, but trading Draisaitl or god forbid McDavid isn't solving those. Like stated above, the only way you trade either of these two is if they make a serious trade request.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You're not offering 4 first round picks and 2 2nds, you're offering a pile of meh and Tyler Toffoli and saying it represents that value when we'd have to be the ones trying to recoup it.

Nobody is paying you a first for Dvorak just because you gave one up. Chiarot is a rental and since we stink now we won't be trading for rentals, never mind giving up a first. Allen is 5-15 with a .903 and an extra year, he's not getting you a first either. Nobody is giving you a superstar like Leon Draisaitl for a bunch of mediocre stuff having bad years that you don't want anymore, get real.
You won't pay the price for the piece to put you over the top. Why Oil always losers. Georgiv is your best bet. But to get him Rangers want a first pick. He gives them depth and they have chance at cup. So he is out.

We can get a first for each of those 4 players. More for Toffoli and maybe Chiarot. The offer was fair for Leon. You'll never get more than 4 first picks and 2 seconds. His 10 million alone would bring a star player.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You won't pay the price for the piece to put you over the top. Why Oil always losers. Georgiv is your best bet. But to get him Rangers want a first pick. He gives them depth and they have chance at cup. So he is out.

We can get a first for each of those 4 players. More for Toffoli and maybe Chiarot. The offer was fair for Leon. You'll never get more than 4 first picks and 2 seconds. His 10 million alone would bring a star player.

that offer was junk for Leon and literally everyone is telling you that. Which of Jake Allen or Ben Chiarot is putting us over the top, huh? :laugh: what a terrible offer and argument. Go sell them individually then and leave us the hell alone

Reactions: TFHockey

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Sounds outrageous I know but could the Oilers get a better deal for him than the Sabres got for Eichel to help fill some chronic holes in the lineup that are keeping this team from becoming a serious cup contender? What do you guys think? o_O
i'm no Oilers fan, but, you never trade players like that unless they demand a deal, and are on an expiring contract. ...full stop.

Reactions: TFHockey

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
One of our main issues right now (yes there are many) is scoring goals. A reasonable offer will not pry him away, so figure out what you think is reasonable & keep adding. Really doubt he's going anywhere...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
But it isn't though. Goalies, no matter how good, do not have that type of value. Goalies are a fugazi, a fugayzi, a wazzy, they're a woozy, their performance generally is not f***ing real. You're just as likely to have a guy pop up from nowhere (a la Jordan Binnington) as you are someone else. Is Shesterkin valuable? Absolutely. But he is not anywhere near in value to a top line, bonafide MVP level center. He's just not. Carolina picked up Freddy Anderson for a song. He's performing at the exact same level Shesterkin is statistically. Jonathan Bernier on some of the most wretched Red Wings teams I've seen in my life turned out .910-.915 sv% seasons and actually stole a game or two, again, with an AHL roster. Goalies are ultra important, but they're schrodinger's position. They're important, but they're almost completely unimportant. Getting a hot goalie for a playoff run is more important than having a "good" goalie.

bold establishes you are not objective here.

There are 2 basic factors here: supply + demand and relative comparative value.

If there are 32 LeoDrais, one per each team, the value of each is reduced because need pushing demand is not super high. Same ditto if each club has a Shesty.
But if there are only a handlful of primo Fs [happen to all be Cs] then the value of each is much higher, supply and demand. Same with Gs.

As for relative or comparative value, there IS some sebnsitivity to position, but Cs and Gs are arguably indispensible, Ds highly coveted, and Ws merely desirable.
While Marner is a cut below he proves my point. He is a top, top level W. But he is less than a comparable upper echelon F who can also C and he is less than a high end G.

A goalie in hockey is like a pitcher in baseball. If he is strong enough, his performance can singlehandedly win a game.

so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad