Value of: Trade Leon??

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Draisaitl + players to make cap work

Price
Chariot
Gallagher
Drouin

Edmonton gets a good chance at Stanley Cup for a good three year window. Montreal gets Centre they have needed for 20 years. they have

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Trading Draisaitl would be a monumental mistake. I cannot conceive a trade involving Draisaitl where the Oilers end up with more value or equal value at the very least.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Funny how "valuable" other team's fans claim Drai is, only to then see this thread of 6 pages not have an offer even close to what would be acceptable to move a young, established, Top 5 stud 1c on a sweatheart of a longterm deal.

I was multi-quoting each bad offer as reference, but got exhausted by end of page 2...

Reactions: Dan Kelly

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Why not, with the two teams so close together in the standings, one being able to score but can't stop a puck, the other visa versa...

To LA: Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, Koskinen
To Edmonton: Danault (I know NMC), Quick, Arvidson and Byfield
*Ed has to toss in a contract to balance, or a bone for LA to retain.

Goodnight :laugh:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If you are trading Drai, You need a #1 Star Goalie in the deal just as a starter.
How many teams can do that and still have a good enough backup / duel starter to compete?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Pretty much Montreal or Carolina seem like the teams who could make it work.

Price
Suzuki
Romanov
Anderson

Those four in return for Draisaitl + two of our lower wingers and cap dumps while Montreal returns salary.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006

Price
Chariot
Gallagher
Drouin

Edmonton gets a good chance at Stanley Cup for a good three year window. Montreal gets Centre they have needed for 20 years. they have
Is this sarcasm? You missed /s

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Pretty much Montreal or Carolina seem like the teams who could make it work.

Price
Suzuki
Romanov
Anderson

Those four in return for Draisaitl + two of our lower wingers and cap dumps while Montreal returns salary.

Why are gms helping out Edmonton so much when their job is to make their team better not yours. Nobody gutting their roster for 1 player.. draisaitl McDavid whoever... nobody is gonna help Edmonton out.

member 334057

With Edmonton in win now mode they are going to be looking for pieces coming back that help them do that. Likewise any team trading for Drasaitl would also be in win now mode, meaning the cost to acquire would not be worth it to them as a competitive team would likely have to gut a portion of their roster to not only fit the contract but also give Edmonton the pieces they want. The only way I could see something happen would be a 3 team trade or multiple trades involving futures going to a team like say Arizona, someone like Chychrun going to the Oilers and Drai going to another team also in their win now window, obviously with other pieces and parts moving as well.

Holland really handcuffed himself with some of his depth signings and trades which is really the problem for the Oilers at this point. Plenty of other teams have tons of money tied up in their top players (Lightning for example) but they also didn't overpay for their depth players which is the real difference. Of course they also happen to have one of the best goalies in the world, and great coaching.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Price
Chariot
Gallagher
Drouin

Top 5 worst proposal all time on this site. How could Edmonton possibly turn down this bucket of overpriced shit for Leon Draisatl.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s never going to happen but I’ll play for fun. I’m going to assume that the objective is to win the Cup this season.

Drai + goaltender to LA for Quick, Kopitar, Kempe, Roy, protected first in 2022.

Quick is near his 2012 form and is money in the clutch. Kopitar is still elite defensively and gives a 1c in the 2c spot. Improves the Oilers defensively and on the PK. Kempe is good secondary scoring and strong both ways and plays all situations. Roy solidifies blue line.

Value favours LA but Oilers concede far less without giving up too much scoring. Kings need to retain but I can’t be bothered working out the cash. It’s just for fun after all - I’m bored waiting for a student to turn up.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Why are gms helping out Edmonton so much when their job is to make their team better not yours. Nobody gutting their roster for 1 player.. draisaitl McDavid whoever... nobody is gonna help Edmonton out.
Montreal does actually get the second best player in the world in the deal. Not sure how they're doing anyone a favour. It's a big trade but maybe having him changes their group in a way it hasn't in Edmonton. I don't know. He would be the best player you've ever had in your organization.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
No, it was definitely a trade that ended up being highway robbery. I'll research it and give you an answer now that I have time.

Well shit...it may have been cemented in my mind as real but appears to have actually never happened. I thought for sure it was a real trade, lmao!!
There were a handful of Habs fans that were shopping them around for other team's star players for months. It became a running gag since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad