Proposal: Trade: Leafs, Senators blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Comes down to how high you are on Bernard-Docker and whether that value exceeds a 1-year rental of Rielly.

The two forwards are kind of a saw-off, IMO. Completely different types of wingers, with Tkachuk being more of a physical guy who'll generate a lot of in tight chances, while Nylander's more of a "creative" type who'll generate more off the rush. Nylander's probably got the higher offensive ceiling, but Tkachuk adds that rare element that a lot of teams are looking for (ie. physical guy who can chip in 20+ goals).

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Gotta love the absolute delusion of leaf fans and their low ball, borderline insult offers. PD is capable of making stupid trades, but even he is not that stupid. I'd immediately slam the phone with that trash offer, then call Dubas again, and slam the phone in his face again just to make the point. That's how you should handle trolls.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Comes down to how high you are on Bernard-Docker and whether that value exceeds a 1-year rental of Rielly.

The two forwards are kind of a saw-off, IMO. Completely different types of wingers, with Tkachuk being more of a physical guy who'll generate a lot of in tight chances, while Nylander's more of a "creative" type who'll generate more off the rush. Nylander's probably got the higher offensive ceiling, but Tkachuk adds that rare element that a lot of teams are looking for (ie. physical guy who can chip in 20+ goals).
Tkachuk is captain material who drags his entire team into the fight nightly......does Nylander have the same impact on the Leafs? I'm not trying to devalue Nylander, he's really good but no way I trade Tkachuk for Nylander.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
While Leaf fans are definitely under valuing Tkachuk, and this offer doesn't work for Ottawa, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Toronto either. It would leave us with even more cap space tied up on our top 4 forwards, while leaving us with a #1 d slot to fill.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
So you're proposing Sanford + JBD for Rielly + Nylander? And people call Leafs fans delusional.
I think 1) it's just as far fetched as the Leaf proposal and 2) I didn't think I needed blue font

OTT could always add a 4th if that helps.. thats usually the throw in right?

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I think 1) it's just as far fetched as the Leaf proposal and 2) I didn't think I needed blue font

OTT could always add a 4th if that helps.. thats usually the throw in right?

I think the trade doesn't work either way. We want to make the playoffs, dropping our #1D and a 2nd line winger for a maybe and an unsigned player doesn't seem ideal. I'm sure JBD can turn into something for you, but right now he's irrelevant to our needs.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I think the trade doesn't work either way. We want to make the playoffs, dropping our #1D and a 2nd line winger for a maybe and an unsigned player doesn't seem ideal. I'm sure JBD can turn into something for you, but right now he's irrelevant to our needs.
but.... OTT adds a 4th.. eh.. eh
:naughty:

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Ottawa already have Chabot don't need Rielly and won't pay the money needed to offer to resign him long term it's doubtful Rielly would sign . Ottawa would rather have Tkachuk not Nylander .

Ottawa reject this trade.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Horrific.

We trade the missing piece for Toronto AND we help them rid themselves of Rielly. Atrocious.

I legit view Rielly as an anchor. A number 3 defender who is gonna get paid as a number 1.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Holy overrated Batman. Brady doesn’t even contribute offensively on the same level as Rielly, much less Nylander. Being a pest only gets you so far IMO. The infatuation with him in here is insane.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Horrific.

We trade the missing piece for Toronto AND we help them rid themselves of Rielly. Atrocious.

I legit view Rielly as an anchor. A number 3 defender who is gonna get paid as a number 1.

If Rielly is a #3 defender, what does that make Tkachuk, a 3rd line winger who’s gonna get paid as 1st line superstar?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Terrible trade for Ottawa, especially including a soon to be UFA. Time to shut down this bad proposal.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Horrific.

Lol If Rielly were made available he would return a lot of value. The last thing Toronto needs is your help ridding themselves of an expiring Rielly.

It's like this entire thread has been a competition of bad takes.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Rielly is a #3 defender, what does that make Tkachuk, a 3rd line winger who’s gonna get paid as 1st line superstar?

Tkachuk is producing currently as an excellent 2nd line winger or bottom end complementary first. He is going to get paid for his potential. I do agree he isn't worth 8 mil currently but Ottawa has no leverage and that's the situation.

I would much rather pay Tkachuk 8 mil tho than Rielly.

Lol If Rielly were made available he would return a lot of value. The last thing Toronto needs is your help ridding themselves of an expiring Rielly.

It's like this entire thread has been a competition of bad takes.

Rielly would def bring back return but he is not worth a dime over 6 mil/6.5(on a contending team). Toronto should absolutely rid of him because they need to spend their remaining money wisely and that does not entail 7+ on Rielly.

No team is going to win a cup with Rielly as their number 1 defender.

Yea, bad takes, Toronto hasn't made the 2nd round in forever and one direct factor is Rielly's inability to play as a stand out number 1.

You don't need to ask me, look at Rielly threads in TML board, they all echo same opinion as I do.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What's the case for Tkachuk over Nylander, better body checker? Nylander is clearly better offensively unless like others you want to grant him a bunch of goals and points for playing on Ottawa?

#1 in hits, #1 in fights, #1 in shots, #1 in penalties drawn in the league, drags the team into each game, will score 25 ish goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad