Proposal: Trade: Leafs, Senators blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
if I was Dorion I would trade Brady for Nylander in a nanosecond. Nylander is blocked in Toronto but let him play center and be 'the man' on a team and especially feature him on every power play and you might end up with a legit franchise center. I think he's already better than most 2nd line centers but has the potential for more, surprised his name never pops up in all the threads on here where fans are looking for centers.

Reactions: Tarmore

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
I mean since coming into the league Brady has scored more goals than Nylander? Without nearly as good centers/team around him. If you wouldn't trade Nylander for Tkachuk straight up, then you're off your rocker. Value wise Tkachuk is significantly more valuable, strictly for control and age.
Over the past 2 seasons Tkachuk has played 8 more games than Nylander and yet Nylander has 10 more goals and 21 more points.

He is only 3 years older and will soon have the much better contract.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
if I was Dorion I would trade Brady for Nylander in a nanosecond. Nylander is blocked in Toronto but let him play center and be 'the man' on a team and especially feature him on every power play and you might end up with a legit franchise center. I think he's already better than most 2nd line centers but has the potential for more, surprised his name never pops up in all the threads on here where fans are looking for centers.
Sens don't need scoring...we have Stutzle that could become even better than Nylander. I don't do that trade if I'm Dorion.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Over the past 2 seasons Tkachuk has played 8 more games than Nylander and yet Nylander has 10 more goals and 21 more points.

He is only 3 years older and will soon have the much better contract.
You have to compare who he is playing with though don't you? Brady was not playing with guys like Marner, Matthew, Tavares, etc...makes a huge difference.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
You have to compare who he is playing with though don't you? Brady was not playing with guys like Marner, Matthew, Tavares, etc...makes a huge difference.
Makes a difference for sure. How big is debateable.

Point is it is a tough argument to make that Brady is so much better than Nylander when you look at the numbers.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Riley had 6 years left on his contract and Tkachuk didn't want to resign, this wouldn't be a horrible deal.
But Riley has 1 year left and Tkachuk is just waiting for a bridge deal that doesn't eat into his UFA years.
So no way this works.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Kirill Kaprizov's contract says hi :sarcasm:
9x5 years
Almost 10 per wow!
Wonder if Brady boy will notice?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-131036_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-131036_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Marner4Life

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Point is it is a tough argument to make that Brady is so much better than Nylander when you look at the numbers.

No one is claiming "Brady is so much better than Nylander". The argument is that Brady has more value because he has more team control, more potential for growth because he's so young, and that he brings a skillset/traits that are rare to find in a skilled player in today's NHL.

If we're talking strictly offensive skills, Nylander is better today than Tkachuk is, obviously. But that's not what dictates value.

Reactions: SensFactor

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
If you truly believe that Morgan Rielly would be "easily the #1D" in Ottawa over Thomas Chabot, you're still living in 2018.
You sure about that? Your board ate Chabot alive last season, he's a turnstile defensively and got ran over in those minutes.

Severely overrated player.

As for OP: laughable from a Leafs POV. They can keep 45pt Tkachuk for 8m per year and some B prospect.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Sure Nylander a little ahead in numbers, but Brady #1 in NHL in hits, fights, penalties drawn.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You sure about that? Your board ate Chabot alive last season, he's a turnstile defensively and got ran over in those minutes.

As for OP: laughable from a Leafs POV. They can keep 45pt Tkachuk for 8m per year and some B prospect.

Chabot and Reilly are both not good defensively atm.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
lol no

I'd take Nylander over Tkachuk and JBD combined (basically because I have no clue nor do I care who he is).

I hope you're lack of knowledge on who JBD is is not indicative of your over knowledge on hockey in general.. if that's the case, you're opinion on this proposal might have little to no relevance, insight or value.. anyways cheers

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004

Because Morgan Rielly is a noted defensive stalwart.

They're both mid to lower tier 1Ds in my eyes. Neither one is “easily” better than the other. I prefer Chabot due to youth and potential for growth, but I’d have no issue with someone else preferring Rielly.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I would take a lesser return from a team out west sooner than I would trade Brady to the Leafs.

Last thing I want is him lighting us up for the next decade.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I don't this trade really fits either team's situation. Toronto needs to contend right now with their core in their prime and having come up short in the post-season for several years now, so jettisoning really good top six winger and their best defenseman isn't ideal. Yes Rielly only has one more year on his contract, but he is an allstar caliber defenseman in his prime (he is just 27 years old even though it feels like he has been in the league forever) and for a team that needs to make a deep run now you don't want to dump a player like that off for guys who are valuble less for what they are now and more for what they will be in future years, even if given age and potential I would say that Tkachuk is probably the most valuable piece in this whole trade. For Ottawa, I am not sure that either Nylander or especially Rielly is a great fit. Nylander is good player in his prime (25 years old) and his production is pretty stable year-in and year out (career 60.25 points per 82 games), but his contract is not cheap and Rielly is in line for a big raise next year as a prime-age top defenseman. For a team still rebuilding (and run by a penny-pinching owner) I don't think either of those guys is ideal for their situation.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I hope you're lack of knowledge on who JBD is is not indicative of your over knowledge on hockey in general.. if that's the case, you're opinion on this proposal might have little to no relevance, insight or value.. anyways cheers

I love responses like this. How about trying to sell me on why I should want JBD on the Leafs? Make an argument for the player you want as I don't see the same value in him as you do. JBD has done nothing to warrant a return of Nylander or Rielly, I prefer Nylander over Tkachuk, and I prefer Rielly over JBD, so I believe this trade is lose-lose for the Leafs. JBD played 5 games last season after getting out of the NCAA, produced a +2. Typical Leafs fan overhype which is why I try to stay off of these boards most of the time.

You go straight for an insult instead of insight because you can't make an argument as to why I should want him? If that's the case, your HF posts and responses have no relevance, insight, (oxford comma if you didn't know) or value... anyways cheers.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So you dint need Reilly because you gave Chabot? Umm ok, I sort of understand that I guess.. and you think Tkachuk is more valuable to your team than Nylander would be.. ok fair enough, thank you sincerely, cheers
They also have Sanderson coming. Rielly isn't a great fit for them. He'd be welcome in SJ though...

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018

Chabot's defensive struggles last season were directly correlated to him being over-played. When his minutes were cut he played much better, unlike Rielly whose always garbage defensively with the better partner. Leaf fans shat on him a lot this season.

Laughable offer for the Sens.

Last edited:
Reactions: SENStastic

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Trade

TO OTTAWA: William Nylander, Morgan Riley

TO TORONTO: Brady Tkachuk, Jacob Bernard-Docker

What do you say?
:thumbd: or :thumbu:

Today is opposite day, so with that in mind, I will say that this is a most genius offer, and the Senators should stay on the phone with Toronto for as long as possible to ensure this deal goes through.

Remember. Opposite day.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I love responses like this. How about trying to sell me on why I should want JBD on the Leafs? Make an argument for the player you want as I don't see the same value in him as you do. JBD has done nothing to warrant a return of Nylander or Rielly, I prefer Nylander over Tkachuk, and I prefer Rielly over JBD, so I believe this trade is lose-lose for the Leafs. JBD played 5 games last season after getting out of the NCAA, produced a +2. Typically Leafs fan overhype which is why I try to stay off of these boards most of the time.

You go straight for an insult instead of insight because you can't make an argument as to why I should want him? If that's the case, your HF posts and responses have no relevance, insight, (oxford comma if you didn't know) or value... anyways cheers.

lol @ Nylander over Tkachuk

Reactions: SensFactor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad