Proposal: Trade: Leafs, Senators blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lol! If splitting hairs on his 33 goal and 70 point average the last 2 years is the best you can do I must’ve made a decent argument.

What a rebuttal.

Edit: I see in another post you’re using goals as your tiebreaker. Makes sense now. You need to do that to get and weasel out a win. Right on.

To be fair, your post made it sound like he did it both years, nowhere was it mentioned as a pace or average of 2 years.

Reactions: Canadienna

The90

Feb 27, 2017
To be fair, your post made it sound like he did it both years, nowhere was it mentioned as a pace or average of 2 years.
‘35-35 player the last 2 years’ I mean not sure how much more clear that could’ve been. Even his argument was weak. I’m sorry but 5 or 6 seasons producing at a 60+ point pace warrants a much bigger contract than his beloved farabee. I expect once farabee has done the same production for several seasons they’ll be paid similarly. Until then, they’re not to be paid the same. Simple.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Lol! If splitting hairs on his 33 goal and 70 point average the last 2 years is the best you can do I must’ve made a decent argument.

What a rebuttal.

Edit: I see in another post you’re using goals as your tiebreaker. Makes sense now. You need to do that to get and squeeze out a mental win. Right on.
You Toronto fans will go off anything but facts and numbers it’s really hilarious idk where you’re pulling this 35 goals out from last season still he had 17 in 51 games if you double that it’s still only 34 goals and thats 102 games so it would take him 20 more games to reach 34 not 35 than are in a regular season, he was not on pace for 35 goals

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You Toronto fans will go off anything but facts and numbers it’s really hilarious idk where you’re pulling this 35 goals out from last season still he had 17 in 51 games if you double that it’s still only 34 goals and thats 102 games so it would take him 20 more games to reach 34 not 35 than are in a regular season, he was not on pace for 35 goals
… pace of 33 goals and 69.6 points the last 2 seasons. Quite literally what I wrote. If you want to keep arguing over 2 goals go right ahead. What I said isn’t refuted by whatever you’re trying to sell.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nylander has scored 30 goals once and his career high is 31pts… how exactly is he a 70pt player? He’s also always had either Tavares or Matthews as his Center. Last season he had 42pts in 51 games.

Tkachuk is three years younger and just scored 36 in 56 with who? Connor Brown and Chris Tierny?

You really think six more points while being 3 years older and playing with star players is a “big gap”?

Reilly is a UFA to be, Ottawa is not giving up anything meaningful for a one dimensional D they don’t need for one season. What exactly do you think the value of a UFA Reilly is?
How is his career high 31 points when he scored 61 in his rookie season? As for Rielly, a UFA Rielly is worth a lot more than Jacob Bernard-Docker. Tkachuk has not taken any steps offensively since his rookie season. It's also funny you failed to mention that Nylander played 5 less games the past season.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So I guess Marner hopped out of the barrel and its Nylander's day in the barrel. Geez he is over paid and now considered on Farabee's level. Nylander is crap till he plays for Sweeden in the Olympics and is 1 of their best FWD's SMH

Reactions: The90

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thats so bad for Ottawa. Rielly is going to be a UFA, yuck.

Every Ottawa person says "Bad" or "Wrong" or some other non-whitty sarcastic jab re: add Matthews or Nylander overpaid nonsense but doesn't actually rationalize why that's their belief or perspective.. I actually thought it was more than fair for Ottawa.. gotta give to get right?
So Ottawa gives up Tkachuk who is way more valuable than Nylander and JBD who is the more valuable asset than Rielly because they cant re sign him. Its terrible for them.

"Wrong" lol oh, I stand corrected lmao, wonderful insight.. cheers ;)
Well its a very innacurate comment why should anyone have to justify it?

Reactions: SENStastic

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Damn so sens fans want matty the other way and they say chuky is better than william and morgan suck. I look forward to their first place finish.

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
Every Ottawa person says "Bad" or "Wrong" or some other non-whitty sarcastic jab re: add Matthews or Nylander overpaid nonsense but doesn't actually rationalize why that's their belief or perspective.. I actually thought it was more than fair for Ottawa.. gotta give to get right?

It's kind of like saying "genocide is inherently good". We don't need to write an essay on why you're wrong when it's blatantly obvious to everyone.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
So Ottawa fans think highly of their team. Love to see how they do in the playoffs this year.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So Ottawa fans think highly of their team. Love to see how they do in the playoffs this year.
That’s messed up. Just because they are happy with their team and what they are building doesn’t mean they are delusional enough to think they are ready for the playoffs.

Reactions: Frosty415 and bert

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON

You seem to be taking this very personally.

I think there's been enough posts in here explaining why this move doesn't make sense for Ottawa without trashing Nylander and MR as players. The trade just does not work for Ottawa, especially from a contract and competitive timeline vantage point.

I also think Leafs fans are better off not mentioning playoffs around here.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
How is his career high 31 points when he scored 61 in his rookie season? As for Rielly, a UFA Rielly is worth a lot more than Jacob Bernard-Docker. Tkachuk has not taken any steps offensively since his rookie season. It's also funny you failed to mention that Nylander played 5 less games the past season.
*61 points. It’s funny you added an extra 10pts to Nylander but didn’t project anything extra for Tkachuk.

Tkachuk absolutely took a step forward last season. Last season he paced for 53pts playing with third line players. Nylander paced for 67 I playing with Tavares and Matthews. The extra 10-15pts is definitely not worth the three extra years in age and Tkachuk being better in basically every other aspect of hockey.

JBD is worth about a first and that’s pretty much all the Leafs are getting for an unsigned Reilly

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
*61 points. It’s funny you added an extra 10pts to Nylander but didn’t project anything extra for Tkachuk.

Tkachuk absolutely took a step forward last season. Last season he paced for 53pts playing with third line players. Nylander paced for 67 I playing with Tavares and Matthews. The extra 10-15pts is definitely not worth the three extra years in age and Tkachuk being better in basically every other aspect of hockey.

JBD is worth about a first and that’s pretty much all the Leafs are getting for an unsigned Reilly
I didn't add anything. Over the last 2 regular seasons he has paced for 71 and 69 points respectively per 82 games played.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I didn't add anything. Over the last 2 regular seasons he has paced for 71 and 69 points respectively per 82 games played.
Yes you did. You keep giving pace totals for Nylander but not for Tkachuk. No one other than Leaf fans are taking Nylander over him.

Reactions: SENStastic

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Yes you did. You keep giving pace totals for Nylander but not for Tkachuk. No one other than Leaf fans are taking Nylander over him.
Tkachuk has never paced for more than 52 points in his career. Now you're just making yourself look foolish. People can take Tkachuk if they want, but it better not be because he's "close" offensively LMAO.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Someone really has to explain to me how the f*** Tkachuk is worth so much besides draft position and having the last name Tkachuk. And I thought EP was overrated without proving shit.

Reactions: AustonMarner

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Someone really has to explain to me how the f*** Tkachuk is worth so much besides draft position and having the last name Tkachuk. And I thought EP was overrated without proving shit.
I don't even dislike him. I would love to have him on the Leafs, just not at the cost of Nylander AND Rielly lol. I mean it's not like Jacob Bernard Docker has done much of note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad