Proposal: Trade: Leafs, Senators blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Marner is a high skill dynamo with the puck,and Tkachuk is a sledgehammer in front of the net and along the wall...

The problem for Ottawa to make a trade like this is...We have a young gifted winger that plays a game like Marner in Stu...But we certainly dont have anyone that plays like Tkachuk,add in most of our offensive power will come from our wings and we just cant make a move like this

Jul 10, 2003
KW
My comment was not hockey related, it had to do with your incorrect usage a word. I know it's hard to understand but some people can make a non hockey related comment on HF boards without trying to create an argument.

BTW if the education system has actually failed you and you actually don't know the correct word to use. Well I can't help you :)

It wasn't my choice of wording to begin with, I was quoting another poster. Thanks for contributing.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nope, his point production has not literally improved every year. 3 seasons ago, he peaked at 94 points, the year after that he paced for 93, then last year he paced for 100...in shortened season in a weak division. There is a difference between "literally" producing and pacing.

Worth noting, Marner's peak season was his d+4 season, followed by his d+5 and d+6 seasons. Off hand, I don't think Tkachuk has even played in his d+4 season yet, the season that Marner really broke out offensively. Powerforwards are known to be late bloomers.

Anyways, I'm starting to change my mind about this trade proposal, since hearing that Tkachuk has scoffed at an 8x8 contract. I only liked the idea if Tkachuk was signed to a better value contract. It turns out he's just as greedy and entitled as Marner.

Good post (first 2 paragraphs)

Really bad post (3rd paragraph), lol just kidding but I think you could possibly get Tkachuk signed at under 8.0 AAV long term if you're ready to give him major signing bonuses like the Barkov's contract (90% in S.B.)

Problem Ottawa has is Melnyk is totally against giving signing bonuses. How the hell are we supposed to compete lol

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Good post (first 2 paragraphs)

Really bad post (3rd paragraph), lol just kidding but I think you could possibly get Tkachuk signed at under 8.0 AAV long term if you're ready to give him major signing bonuses like the Barkov's contract (90% in S.B.)

Problem Ottawa has is Melnyk is totally against giving signing bonuses. How the hell are we supposed to compete lol

Hmm while the Leafs have no problem with signing bonuses, front loaded contracts, they didn't get any sort of discount back in return from their players. The contracts were basically totally in the players favor. Seeing how the Tkachuk camp is operating, I would expect them to eat Dubas alive. Their position would be, if Tkachuk is worth Marner in a trade, then he should be worth as much in a contract.

I'm actually hoping Melnyk wins this negotiation. Tired of young players coming off a elc being so greedy that it hurts the team's chances of being competitive.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Leafs won’t trade Reilly unless there out of the picture by deadline and it would be to a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad