Proposal: Trade: Leafs, Senators blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
No team is going to win a cup with Rielly as their number 1 defender.
you can just as easily say "No team is going to win a cup with Tkachuk as their best forward" so what's the difference here. Even if it's true (which it's not) it doesn't mean Brady is an anchor and his team should try to get rid of him. That's just poor logic. And the Leafs absolutely could have won the Stanley Cup any of the last 5 seasons and nobody would be the slightest bit surprised. And it was their forwards who disappointed, not their defence.
Yea, bad takes, Toronto hasn't made the 2nd round in forever and one direct factor is Rielly's inability to play as a stand out number 1.
Teams lose because of their bad players not their good ones. Reilly has been a way above average defenceman and that includes the playoffs.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Lol add Mathews and add a first or two from Ottawa, yours isn’t close
Wow! In what world would the Leafs include Matthews and Nylander in a trade for Tkachuk, even with some firsts? I’m assuming by your post you have never made any logical trade proposals. The original proposal may not have been close, but yours isn’t even in the ballpark. Lol

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Meh guess I miscounted. My bad. But these are just semantics. We all know the Leafs are shitty chokers in the playoffs. But it’s just too funny to see non playoff teams bragging about playoff success.
Uh, why? Would you consider the Leafs a more successful franchise than the Wings because they’re not a playoff team?

Last edited:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Uh, why? Would you consider the Leafs a more successful franchise than the Wings because they’re not a playoff team?
If you want to talk about the playoff success history of franchises where their present day cores can't even make it to the playoffs, I suggest you migrate here:
The History of Hockey

Brady Tkachuk has nothing to do with the retired Red Wings nor the old Senators. Let's try staying on topic.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What about Mitch Marner for Brady Tkachuk + good prospect + 2nd ??? (I leave it as "good prospect" to have some margin so Leafs fans don't jump on this too much lol)

Both players are extremely useful while being "overpaid", cultural change for TO, contract dispute for Ottawa. But lol not sure Melnyk would like Marner's contract

Stutzle-Pinto-Marner
Brown-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-White-Paul
Sanford-Tierney-Watson

Trade

TO OTTAWA: William Nylander, Morgan Riley

TO TORONTO: Brady Tkachuk, Jacob Bernard-Docker

What do you say?
:thumbd: or :thumbu:

Value is not that bad IMO, however Reilly is UFA to be so it would require an extension.

That being said, and it might sound weird, Ottawa doesn't want and need Morgan Rielly. With Chabot and soon Sanderson, there's basically no spot for any talented LD for the foreseeable future, which is why Erik Brannstrom might be available because they don't like his defensive game on RD. No point having him on 3rd pair LD, he won't ever reach his potential like that. And Jacob Bernard-Docker is also best Sens RD prospect, doubt they will trade him without a plan in place for RD, because after Zub, it gets thin.

IF it comes to the point that Ottawa has no choice to trade Brady, I think they'd look to do something else than this.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If you want to talk about the playoff success history of franchises where their present day cores can't even make it to the playoffs, I suggest you migrate here:
The History of Hockey

Brady Tkachuk has nothing to do with the retired Red Wings nor the old Senators. Let's try staying on topic.
Have the Leafs won a cup in your lifetime? How about a playoff series?

Jul 10, 2003
KW
What about Mitch Marner for Brady Tkachuk + good prospect + 2nd ??? (I leave it as "good prospect" to have some margin so Leafs fans don't jump on this too much lol)

Both players are extremely useful while being "overpaid", cultural change for TO, contract dispute for Ottawa. But lol not sure Melnyk would like Marner's contract

Stutzle-Pinto-Marner
Brown-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-White-Paul
Sanford-Tierney-Watson

I'd accept that trade for Toronto in a heartbeat. Melnyk would like Marner's contract imho, his cap hit is 10.89 but it was front loaded so Melnyk only pays 6.2 for the next 4 years.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I'd accept that trade for Toronto in a heartbeat. Melnyk would like Marner's contract imho, his cap hit is 10.89 but it was front loaded so Melnyk only pays 6.2 for the next 4 years.
I wouldn't do that trade yet. This is a season where Marner has to show he can perform when it matters. If not then I say trade him.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I wouldn't do that trade yet. This is a season where Marner has to show he can perform when it matters. If not then I say trade him.

The dimension Tkachuk provides would make us a more competitive playoff team. He'll probably sign at least 2m cheaper, and for more years than Marner has left. Frankly, I'd do the trade straight up with no sweeteners coming our way.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
The dimension Tkachuk provides would make us a more competitive playoff team. He'll probably sign at least 2m cheaper, and for more years than Marner has left. Frankly, I'd do the trade straight up with no sweeteners coming our way.
I am not ready to give up on Marner yet. He is a flat out exciting player to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad