GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They aren't sending a message. They waived Kapanen because they need to in order to activate Rutta, and Kapanen is the player they like the least in the lineup.

If they didn't need to clear cap space to play Rutta Kap would still be here.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Reading about this Kapanen move like...

monkey-laptop.gif

No, its not the end of the world. But its just another bizarre move from a GM who put himself in this spot in the first place. And yeah, it has a sacrificial lamb type feel to it, where its an attempt to show "accountability" for a failing roster by chucking a player who wasnt the problem. At least, I have to hope its some type of "Change for the sake of change" move, because if this is some precursor to trading for Luke Schenn, I'm going to go postal.

BTW, for all the "buck stops here" talk about how Kapanen hasnt fulfilled his potential with the Pens, stuff like this and giving him 5 minutes of ice time when he was actually producing didnt help

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020

monkey-laptop.gif

No, its not the end of the world. But its just another bizarre move from a GM who put himself in this spot in the first place. And yeah, it has a sacrificial lamb type feel to it, where its an attempt to show "accountability" for a failing roster by chucking a player who wasnt the problem. At least, I have to hope its some type of "Change for the sake of change" move, because if this is some precursor to trading for Luke Schenn, I'm going to go postal.

BTW, for all the "buck stops here" talk about how Kapanen hasnt fulfilled his potential with the Pens, stuff like this and giving him 5 minutes of ice time when he was actually producing didnt help

Agreed this just irrelevant news of the day level shit. I could gave 2 shits for a f*** one way or the other about Kapanen, but it was clear Sullivan never liked the guy since day one and just decided to run him out of town like he did with other guys who probably said something derogatory about his mother.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
The part I don't get is why not Ruhwedel and Henien off to waiver wire with him? If you want to cut ties to dead weight cut off majority of it in one quick swoop. The f*** have have the other 2 schmucks done to deserve a space on the roster as well?

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
They aren't sending a message. They waived Kapanen because they need to in order to activate Rutta, and Kapanen is the player they like the least in the lineup.

They absolutely are sending a message. Kap was the scapegoat the day he was signed.

Why did they choose Kap? They could have done it to McGinn, Heinen, Ruh or about a 5 other names.

• Love
Reactions: Coastal Kev

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
This is f***ing hilarious... our only move is to waive Kap. That 6-1 beating was just him? Holy shit...

I don't think Hextall is sleepy just paralyzed by making any meaningful decision.

I think we can all agree... this team is toast this year. Sully and Hex ain't fixing it this year, and if they are together next year... we are toast.

It was actually 7-2 :laugh:

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
It was actually 7-2 :laugh:
Hahah... I stopped at 6-1 there is only so much shit backing up in the toilet that I can take. You guys get medals for finishing that game.

Watching that horrible defensive alignment get constantly cycled on because of Sully's "Halves" defense or our PP that literally can't f***ing score but the other team literally waltzes in untouched firing shot after shot...

A goalie who looked shell-shocked from the speed/angles they were shooting at.

but Kap. (I don't give a shit about Kap but we have 10 other problems)

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey

monkey-laptop.gif

We've got a coach who coaches to what he wants, not to what he has.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
It's been seven years, of course some of Sullivans BS would seep through and be internalized by the organisation and fans alike.

JR tried to bring in what was needed with Reaves but the baboon refused to play ball. Now we have a fully tranquilized and Sullynized roster and people still complain...

I guess some are just never happy. :D
Reaves was not what we needed. That’s an example of chasing physicality and not talent.

If anything, it looks like Kane wants out of there and if it is really between Boston and New York they're probably going to get a pretty cheap playoff performer.

New York got pretty lucky this time around. Tank wanted to go there. Would be a hell of a deadline for them to nab them both for very reasonable cost.
I’ve never been to NY. Don’t understand why everyone wants to go there. Seems crowded and expensive.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019

monkey-laptop.gif

It absolutely feels like Hextall is prepping for a Luke Schenn trade.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They absolutely are sending a message. Kap was the scapegoat the day he was signed.

Why did they choose Kap? They could have done it to McGinn, Heinen, Ruh or about a 5 other names.
It was because of what I said. They had to clear space and Kap is the player they think is most expendable.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Reaves was not what we needed. That’s an example of chasing physicality and not talent.

I’ve never been to NY. Don’t understand why everyone wants to go there. Seems crowded and expensive.
NY sucks. So does NJ. Anyone who says otherwise is from there.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
NYC is cool. living in lawn guyland like most of these guys will do is dumb and stupid.

if I had NHL'er money I'd have a condo in a fun part of Manhattan and live my dreams.

Then why even mention it in the presser? Everything about this team is just the worst this year. :laugh:

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey

I live close enough to NY.

It's that, plus the streets, even in the most upscale neighborhoods, smell like vomit, piss, trash, and homeless people.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I lived in NY for a couple of years. The food is amazing, and there's obviously tons to do. Those are the main attractions to me.

It is crowded and expensive and not a place you want to own a car. All good reasons to not want to live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad