GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Now it isn't, but if he had started reshaping the team in November it could have been different. This teams issues have been apparent for a while.
AWWWW BULLSHIT, Nothing is going to make Sid, Geno & Letang mid 20's again. You people keep f***ing lying to yourself that their is a Magic fix that will make everything better

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
AWWWW BULLSHIT, Nothing is going to make Sid, Geno & Letang mid 20's again. You people keep f***ing lying to yourself that their is a Magic fix that will make everything better
They're doing great, they're the least of the penguins issues. And if there's really no fix then the penguins should have been selling. Either way Hextall is doing a terrible job.

Reactions: CorgiAttack87

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
While I'm not sure I'd want Hextall making any trades at the deadline (or until he's finally and mercifully fired at season's end), here's where I think we'd end up if they came to the realization (like the Caps) that this team will not make the playoffs:

Zucker (with say 50% retention) for a 2nd and a 5th in 2023

Dumoulin for a 6th

Blueger for maybe a conditional 7th

I'd also give consideration to trading Petterson, as his play has really fallen off, but he might still have some value. Failing that, I'd also consider putting POJ on the block. He has been an abolute turnstile, and looks slower that Olli Maata at the end of his Pens tenure

A bit longer term, I'd be really hesitant to sign Jarry to a big contract. I know the goalie market is weak, but I don't think he's demonstrated that he can be relied upon.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I am much more of an optimist than most people on this board.

My "optimistic" point of view after the last few games is this:
Sell. Trade the pending UFAs, call up players from Wilkes for the rest of the season, and then, if you still want to try to make something out of the remainder of the Crosby/Malkin years, use the assets you get from those trades to reshape the roster at the draft.
The Pens are not going to be able to retool in this year's draft. They simply aren't falling far enough to get into Bedard contention, but they certainly could use picks accumulated from other teams to acquire players that better fit with where the front office wants to see the team go.
And yes, it should be a different front office staff making those moves at the draft.
And that would include allowing the new front office staff to choose their own coach staff, instead of having to retain the current staff, as well.

They don't necessarily have to slide all the way back into a new Dark Age, given that Crosby and Malkin are still both playing well, and at reasonable costs. But they desperately need to re-shape the roster at this point. Or else another Dark Age is inevitable, even with those two continuing to play well.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
This board's weird complexes about physical play never ceases to amaze me.

It's been seven years, of course some of Sullivans BS would seep through and be internalized by the organisation and fans alike.

JR tried to bring in what was needed with Reaves but the baboon refused to play ball. Now we have a fully tranquilized and Sullynized roster and people still complain...

I guess some are just never happy. :D

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
With sully still here who gives a shit.

Gavrikov has 3 goals in 52 games which is more goals than Pettersson has in his last 120.

Pettersson isn’t really anything special. He’s fine and I don’t want to give him away, but he’s overpaid and if we can get out of the contract do it.
I’d move Petts to Zona for Ghost and be happy we can walk away from Ghost if need be. Poj is better and should be given more opportunities to grow over Petts. Also just need to shed as many of these term contracts and Zona will need some D help when they dump Chychrun finally.

Reactions: Night Shift

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
If anything, it looks like Kane wants out of there and if it is really between Boston and New York they're probably going to get a pretty cheap playoff performer.

New York got pretty lucky this time around. Tank wanted to go there. Would be a hell of a deadline for them to nab them both for very reasonable cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad