GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
it’s really a 1st and a 2nd and a bunch of garbage for a dirt cheap ($800k) youngish guy with that rare combination of size and toughness and skill. cost-controlled RFA too. it’s a lot but not way out of bounds IMO.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
An entire draft class for a third liner. I mean I get going all in but they could have landed a true impact player for that package.

it’s really a 1st and a 2nd and a bunch of garbage for a dirt cheap ($800k) youngish guy with that rare combination of size and toughness and skill. cost-controlled RFA too. it’s a lot but not way out of bounds IMO.
I guess it remains to be seen how much skill he actually has. Only 5 goals and 14 points this year.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I’m still amazed at that. Like Tender Rip says, he will probably be great for them. And maybe they win another cup and don’t care. Maybe he turns into another Wilson or explodes like Hagel. But holy crap. Even if all those things happen, it’s still a fair return for Nashville.

Incredible for Nashville. Potentially six prospects for a guy that might never develop for them. The kind of return posters on a forum called “hockey’s future” would have to hose down their keyboards over

After tonight’s ass whooping, tbl thinks they need to load up in case they face the mighty penguins in the playoffs
Poile and Trotz should be taking Sullivan out for a fine steak, lol. I wonder if that hiding pushed Briesbois to pick up his phone and force this deal though.

It’s crazy how we’re 20 games out from the playoffs and Tampa and Toronto are basically in an arms race knowing their first round will be a war, just like last year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That's a haul for Jeannot. :laugh: I've been interested in the guy for a bit but man.

It's a 1st + 2nd + 3rd + prospect (the 4th and 5th don't matter imo) for a guy who may be closer to Deslauriers than Foligno. :laugh:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Foote is garbage, but third round and 5th round picks aren't worthless. Rare combo yes, but how much skill is actually there is still a question mark. It's also.. what else could you get with that package?

Chychrun for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, prospect?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Foote is garbage, but third round and 5th round picks aren't worthless. Rare combo yes, but how much skill is actually there is still a question mark. It's also.. what else could you get with that package?

Yeah.... You werent fall off the Chychrun asking price for that package.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

Chychrun is going to cost two 1sts and a prospect at least imo.

Reactions: Pengu

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
If that's the case then that's a hard pass. No thank you!
The asking price is 3 equivalent 1st round picks. So either the picks themselves or recently drafted prospects. Theres been rumors they are pretty adamant about one of the 1sts being for this year as well too.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
I’m still amazed at that. Like Tender Rip says, he will probably be great for them. And maybe they win another cup and don’t care. Maybe he turns into another Wilson or explodes like Hagel. But holy crap. Even if all those things happen, it’s still a fair return for Nashville.

Incredible for Nashville. Potentially six prospects for a guy that might never develop for them. The kind of return posters on a forum called “hockey’s future” would have to hose down their keyboards over

Poile and Trotz should be taking Sullivan out for a fine steak, lol. I wonder if that hiding pushed Briesbois to pick up his phone and force this deal though.

It’s crazy how we’re 20 games out from the playoffs and Tampa and Toronto are basically in an arms race knowing their first round will be a war, just like last year.
I think even before this trade, TB probably beats TO in round one

Reactions: Extra Texture

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The asking price is 3 equivalent 1st round picks. So either the picks themselves or recently drafted prospects. Theres been rumors they are pretty adamant about one of the 1sts being for this year as well too.
We might not even make the playoffs, it's just not worth it. If this is the market it would be insane for us to get involved at that high level.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
We might not even make the playoffs, it's just not worth it. If this is the market it would be insane for us to get involved at that high level.
Hex hasnt been interested on Chychrun due to cost, Sully has had differing opinion on that if you believe media reports. Only thing Hex has openly admitted to is that our bottom 6 hasnt worked and needs to be changed. That I think everyone can agree on. I wasnt expecting us to go big game hunting before and I still dont.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hex hasnt been interested on Chychrun due to cost, Sully has had differing opinion on that if you believe media reports. Only thing Hex has openly admitted to is that our bottom 6 hasnt worked and needs to be changed. That I think everyone can agree on. I wasnt expecting us to go big game hunting before and I still dont.
I certainly hope you're right. I'm all for upgrading the bottom six if we can at a reasonable price. But after a move like this it makes your head spin. LOL

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I certainly hope you're right. I'm all for upgrading the bottom six if we can at a reasonable price. But after a move like this it makes your head spin. LOL
I think Hex nabs a 1-2 depth forwards last minute and maybe picks up a bottom pairing defenseman to get Ruh off the ice. Okay.... The last one is what I hope he does! Regardless I think hes going to dumpster dive when some teams get desperate to move their guys.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think Hex nabs a 1-2 depth forwards last minute and maybe picks up a bottom pairing defenseman to get Ruh off the ice. Okay.... The last one is what I hope he does! Regardless I think hes going to dumpster dive when some teams get desperate to move their guys.
I thought he did a really nice job getting Rakell last year. His price came down and we got him right before the deadline, obviously we're looking for a little bit more quality as far as our depth goes up front, but if the prices do come down I think he would enter into the fray. And honestly based on what we've just seen, I hope that's how it plays out.

There are a lot of teams who already got the pieces they were looking for. So in theory there should be a lot less buyers now and hopefully more sellers come to the forefront. I'm hoping so, cuz what we just witnessed was crazy.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It’s cute to say Hextall can fix the team next off season.
Undoubtedly he should be criticized, but last year's trade deadline I believe he did a pretty good job for us. And if I remember correctly he did pick up a couple decent pieces the year before. I think this is the time of year he actually performs well. Let's hope so. We're only 5 days away so, we'll see.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
For real. I was pretty confident guys like Zucker and Dumo, at 50% retained, could bring back nice assets but now I'm convinced that they should sell.

Tell me something Zucker and Dumo as +30 year old UFA's-to-be have in common with the guys we are otherwise discussing here and how their values are in any way correlated. I'll wait.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
New threads up for the TDL since it seems teams kicked it off early today. One for Pens talk and one for general NHL talk. Sticky to be easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad