GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Keep in mind this, a lot of deals have already been consummated. So the buyers are far less than they were say a couple weeks ago. That may free up a glutton of players and the prices should inevitably drop. Something to keep an eye on.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dickinson is signed next year and we would get out of McGinn. I would probably do it.
We have New Jersey's third this year as we don't have our own. I'd be willing to maybe part with that and possibly a third rounder next year. I would not want to go higher than a third rounder. To be honest I'd rather not even give them up but I'd be willing to do so. And if they wanted Hallander I'd be amenable to that as well.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
All in our division lol…btw Isles winning so far today…if they win again and we don’t, they’re solidifying first WC and we’ll be in a dogfight with Buffalo and Detroit for last spot…we really should be selling

Yup. They should get to off-season without losing any more assets badly then figure out if Sully/Hex are going to be here and take another swing.

Right now- Toronto, NJ, Carolina, Rangers, and Boston are going to be almost impossible for this team to beat in 7 and I doubt we get lucky enough to beat two or three of them in series (in a row)

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Only guy worth getting for us is Chychrun. of the top names.. We do need to fix our bottom 6 players not sure how you are going to do that..

Reactions: Darren McCord

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
TFP has the Pens linked to John Gibson lol... how in the world are they going to afford him..

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
TFP has the Pens linked to John Gibson lol... how in the world are they going to afford him..
Well as I said before, we’re not one player away from contending but if you were to pick one player who would help us the most, it would be another goalie lol…if Jarry wants 6 years at $6M per let’s say, and you could get Gibson, a comparable goalie, for three more years at $6.4 M doesn’t that make sense…especially if your window is only two more years lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
All in our division lol…btw Isles winning so far today…if they win again and we don’t, they’re solidifying first WC and we’ll be in a dogfight with Buffalo and Detroit for last spot…we really should be selling
We should have been selling last deadline. We could have got a lot for Brian rust.

Reactions: Andy99

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Well as I said before, we’re not one player away from contending but if you were to pick one player who would help us the most, it would be another goalie lol…if Jarry wants 6 years at $6M per let’s say, and you could get Gibson, a comparable goalie, for three more years at $6.4 M doesn’t that make sense…especially if your window is only two more years lol
Well... A bigger trade is going to have to happen lol.. something that will make us all mad lol...

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well... A bigger trade is going to have to happen lol.. something that will make us all mad lol...
Well, let me just reiterate, a lot of the big pieces have already found new homes. So, we weren't in on any of those guys, but those teams now aren't likely going to pursue much else. So I believe it becomes a buyer's market. And prices should come down, in theory anyhow. Who knows we might be able to get a bottom basement acquisition if that's the route we choose to go. Don't forget we got RR last year at a very reasonable price.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
Follow
To set the table for Timo Meier, #sjsharks turned down some big offers in recent days.

Team 1: 1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick, top prospect

Team 2: 1st rd pick, recent 1st rd pick, mid-tier prospect

Both teams had other asks - cap or roster considerations - but this will be sizable.
4:40 PM · Feb 26, 2023
Share this Tweet

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Meier to NJ really just cements how pointless it is to add to this team this year.

Rangers added Tarasenko and may add Kane. The Devils added Meier. The Bruins added Orlov. The Leafs added ROR. The Canes are likely going to make a sizable addition as well. What's even the point of trying to add pieces this year?

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Well, let me just reiterate, a lot of the big pieces have already found new homes. So, we weren't in on any of those guys, but those teams now aren't likely going to pursue much else. So I believe it becomes a buyer's market. And prices should come down, in theory anyhow. Who knows we might be able to get a bottom basement acquisition if that's the route we choose to go. Don't forget we got RR last year at a very reasonable price.
If Guentzel or Rust gets traded the anger will be like a nuclear bomb with some of these people lol...

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Meier to NJ really just cements how pointless it is to add to this team this year.

Rangers added Tarasenko and may add Kane. The Devils added Meier. The Bruins added Orlov. The Leafs added ROR. The Canes are likely going to make a sizable addition as well. What's even the point of trying to add pieces this year?
The Bruins don't even need anyone lol..

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Chychrun is signed til '24/'25. Please get him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Because Hextall promised Sid, Geno and Letang?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad