Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
1. Kerfoot + 3rd + Hallander for Rickard Rakell
2. 2nd + 5th for Scott Laughton (50% Retained).

Rakell - Mathews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Laughton - Simmonds
Engvall - Spezza - Mikheyev

Love the thought. I've been banging that drum forever. Not a chance in hell the Ducks trade Rackell for that price when Palmieri got a 1st.

Would much rather Rackell retained, so Toronto can keep him next year as well.

To Toronto
Rickard Rackell (50% retained)

To Anaheim
2021 1st round pick
Filip Hallander or Ronnie Hirvonen

To Toronto
Scott Laughton (50% retained)

To Philly
2021 2nd round pick
2022 Conditional 4th (Becomes a 3rd round pick if Toronto makes it to the Stanley Cup Final)

Rackell-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander
Laughton-Engvall-Hyman
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Spezza
Simmonds
Jumbo

That's a forward group to be reckoned with. You could also afford to move on from Anderson, extend Laughton, move Kerfoot, sign a 3C next year and pay Rackell through next season (with the retention), while inserting Robertson into your lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Foligno provides the Most Grit/Physicality/Leadership out of the group. Laughton a close 2nd in terms of Grit. Foligno however is probably the less skilled out of the group, in terms of Points Production.

Would be something if we can somehow get both Laughton and Foligno

The "dream" scenario for me involves trades for Iafallo, Laughton and a depth defenseman such as Oleksiak, Reilly or Meryll.

This group would have me insanely confident heading into the playoffs...

Iafallo-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander
Laughton-Engvall-Hyman
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Spezza
Simmonds
Jumbo

Reilly / Brodie
Muzzin / Holl
Oleksiak / Bogosian
Dermott

Campbell
Anderson

That third line would be a hell of a alot of fun and that 4th line would likely be the league's best. Iafallo would be plug and play beside Matthews, the way plays with Kopitar now.

Easily Laughton. The other two don't come anywhere near scoring enough.

Laughton or an Iafallo would easily be the best fits for our team, and even with retention, I doubt either cost a 1st round pick to acquire.

Pearson would be tied with Simmonds and Engvall for the worst ES PTS/60 on the team. Foligno would have that honour on his own. Neither should go for 2nd's even with retention.

thanks for your input guys. Because of your posts I’m very bullish on Iafallo and Laughton. If we can get one of the two I would feel this would be the best Leafs time probably in my entire lifetime.

Foligno would be great too but I feel he might cost us too much and my gut tells me Dubas will go for the more economic option with the most payoff so Iafallo or Laughton fall into both - he may even be working to acquire both. That would be the Leafs equivalent of the David Price and Troy Tulowitzki deals that Alex Anthopolous did in 2015

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Since Mrazek is back in the starter position and Nedelkovic is shining does anyone see a possibility we reacquire Reimer as a possible backup? I am not sure if he is even available to be traded

Reactions: NHL WAR

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Since Mrazek is back in the starter position and Nedelkovic is shining does anyone see a possibility we reacquire Reimer as a possible backup? I am not sure if he is even available to be traded
If we can't get a better goalie then sure, why not? Add depth at all positions if possible.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Why the hell is everyone hung up on grit, especially grit that can't score?

You could have a team of Colton Orr's and people would still be wanting to add "grit and toughness"

How about we add players that will actually impact a game on the scoresheet? Now there's a new concept!!

Reactions: carko32

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place

You could have a team of Colton Orr's and people would still be wanting to add "grit and toughness"

How about we add players that will actually impact a game on the scoresheet? Now there's a new concept!!

The issue is guys like Taylor Hall are not exactly known for locker room presence and putting in their share of effort. He would make our top 6 absolutely scary, but what Taylor Hall are we getting?

Nick Foligno is an experienced Hyman. He knows what it takes to get us to the next round. He blocks shots, kills penalties and can slot up and down the lineup without issues.

I'm not completely against Taylor Hall, maybe he needs talented and driven players to get him back to the Hart winning player he once was. I just find Foligno a better fit for what our team needs.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

Here's another: we already have that, it's actually our team strength.

Guess what our team weakness might be?

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario

No one wants a Colton Orr, we want toughness/hard to play against players that can actually contribute. Big difference.

Reactions: TMLAM34 and ToneDog

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

Literally no one is "hung up" on that.

Terrible interpretation of what people are correctly scouting as an area of improvement for the Leafs.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I really find it odd that Hall has this negative of a stigma, especially with the old school Leafs fan as well.

He literally plays how you guys want Nylander and Marner to play(crash and bang hockey). He's not a hitting machine but he's always in the greasy areas, he wins battles like crazy and he has elite speed and play-making. Imagine a Hyman/Ehlers combination in a player.

And before anyone says he makes teams worse, this isn't even an argument. He's never once been on an elite team. Every single team he joined was not elite the season before he got there, or the year that he left.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Judging from Pierre Lebrun's comments this morning. It sounds like the Leafs main targets are Foligno as plan A and Laughton as plan B. I'd be extremely happy with either
Dubas must have some magic up his sleeve because Foligno has a big cap hit even after retaining 50%.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Foligno and Laughton would be amazing additions. I’d still push for a Dermott - Oleksiak swap in the lineup as well and I do believe Freddy might actually go on LTIR so a backup goalie will be brought in.

Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Laughton - Mikheyev
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Oleksiak - Bogosian

Campbell - Reimer

Absolutely would love that lineup. The only weakness is that 4th line IMO, Thornton has been a real big black hole lately but come playoff time, hopefully he’s ready and motivated to go.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Foligno and Laughton would be amazing additions. I’d still push for a Dermott - Oleksiak swap in the lineup as well and I do believe Freddy might actually go on LTIR so a backup goalie will be brought in.

Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Laughton - Mikheyev
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Oleksiak - Bogosian

Campbell - Reimer

Absolutely would love that lineup. The only weakness is that 4th line IMO, Thornton has been a real big black hole lately but come playoff time, hopefully he’s ready and motivated to go.

You acquire Foligno and put him on the top line? That won't last very long. I'm not sure why he's seen as an option to play there at all. If you acquire him, it'll be to play lower line minutes. He wouldn't replace Hyman as the LW on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad