Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I feel like the organization and fans are severely overrating Galchenyuk's 10 games with the leafs. It's going to bite them hard if they don't add a top 6 winger.

Bingo. And Nick Foligno is not a top 6 winger at this point in his career.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
We have enough high flash and skilled players.

What we need are guys who are not afraid to get into board battles, get in the dirty areas, get in front of the net and cause havoc, get in on the forecheck, create energy.

I'd be so disappointed if we get Taylor Hall.

Taylor Hall is known for his board battles and forechecking to the point of being reckless.

It's a big part of his playstyle.

Reactions: stickty111

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Starting to feel like we may be quiet.

Maybe just do something like add Laughton and call it a day.

Team is rolling right now and I think Dubas is rightfully concerned with not rocking the boat and upsetting the team chemistry.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Flat cap, coming off this season, without some serious playoff heroics what kind of contract is Hall looking at with term, 6mx 5?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Team is rolling right now and I think Dubas is rightfully concerned with not rocking the boat and upsetting the team chemistry.

I think Dubas has a specific few players he's really keen on, but it also cost-conscious and not wanting to overpay in draft/prospect capital.

The winning streak they're on helps reduce his urgency since other GM's know he has a ton of pressure to win. They're probably trying to squeeze him for everything they can get. They lose a lot of leverage with the Leafs on this streak.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Flat cap, coming off this season, without some serious playoff heroics what kind of contract is Hall looking at with term, 6mx 5?

Hes going to be disappointed. The problem with Hall is he always took money over opportunity. A 1year cheap deal with a guaranteed playoff team would mean a bigger long term payout that his 1 year deal with Buffalo.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
call me insane, but, if i'm talking to Dallas, it would be to try to get them to flip Kilngberg for Reilly.
Reilly is a slightly bigger cap hit, but 3 times less real $$ and he'd slot in on the top pairing next to Heiskanen, and fills #2 PP duties for them.
...and on the Leafs, Brodie moves to the left and Klingberg the top pairing right, and #1PP

Reilly — Heiskanen
Lindell —Pysyk
Oleksiak — Sekera

Brodie - Klingberg
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Bogo

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

I would hope that adding a high end player would help the team's morale rather than hurt it. It's probably smart to not trade anyone off the roster though

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Dubas watched Tampa add Goodrow and Coleman last year. Unless they need to use valuable assets to acquire a 1B goalie - my guess is 2 new top 9 forwards are brought in. Maybe even a #7 D with some size and playoff experience too.

Reactions: Cams

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

He can keep taking big contracts from garbage teams or settle into a complimentary piece but enjoy winning games, choice is his.

Reactions: Beaumaris

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Hes going to be disappointed. The problem with Hall is he always took money over opportunity. A 1year cheap deal with a guaranteed playoff team would mean a bigger long term payout that his 1 year deal with Buffalo.

Where I'm going with that is, if he sees the error of his ways
Hall 5m x 3 + 1st+ top prospect > Willy 7 x3

Galch-Matthews-Marner
Hall-Tavares-Hyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad