Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The Bruins are after Lafallo as well according to reports on Twitter

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why the obsession with upgrading our goaltender?
Even if Anderson isn’t back until playoffs does it really matter?
I think we can say playoffs is guaranteed so why the hurry on acquiring another goalie?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think we can say playoffs is guaranteed so why the hurry on acquiring another goalie?

With Campbell also iffy health wise, I think they wanna keep Hutchinson on the taxi squad as a backup to the backup.

If Andersen is done for awhile and Campbell needs rest or goes down to an injury, I think it would be wise to upgrade on Hutchinson as an insurance. Maybe it's someone that can be resigned if he does well too.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Getting a 1B goalie would be nice but Hutch is performing as well as you’d want from a backup this year.

Wouldn’t overpay for an insurance option.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
are we really gonna put Andersen in over Campbell at this point anyways? I feel like if Campbell keeps this up he has to start game 1 of playoffs.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Not an upgrade on Campbell. He's been unbelievable. But as mentioned, his durability is still a question mark.

We need another solid backup to solidify our crease.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
are we really gonna put Andersen in over Campbell at this point anyways? I feel like if Campbell keeps this up he has to start game 1 of playoffs.

I certainly hope so. If Andersen comes back and is automatically given the starters job due to a sense of loyalty, heads should roll.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ullmark
Foligno/Laughton
Depth D (insert your favorite)

I like our odds this year, use them picks.

Reactions: Fogelhund

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Is it just me or the NYI just got but name players for CHEAP...

IMO this trade just dropped the value for other teams holding on to their players for a better offer.

There is no way Hall is getting back a 1st after what NJ just gave away for their top trade chips this season.

Am I missing something here?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Ya’ll overrate Miles Wood

Not my number 1 pick, but if the trade market is as depressed as that NYI deal shows I really like the idea of paying the protection premium to get an extra year (and maybe even a tradeable RFA after that) at a cap hit that fits today.

My surprise darkhorse is Fabbri.

Last edited:

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
If possible, I think the Leafs should go with either:

- F: Schwartz/Foligno (retained twice)

- F: Iafallo/Laughton (retained twice)
- D: Oleksiak (retained twice)

- F: Schwartz/Foligno/Iafallo/Laughton (retained to whatever is necessary)
- D: Michael Stone or the best available waiver exempt D (therefore cap hit is buried)

Only so much cap space, should just roll the dice with the goalies they have.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
If you can get Hall for less than a first then I want him all the way, send a 4th to a 3rd team to retain on him if you need. If you can't get him then just a depth d-man in case of injuries.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If Schwartz really is available, he's one of my favourite targets to go after.

I find him redundant. I think his 2-way game is underrated but he's a pass first smaller winger that would be joining Marner and 88 in the top 6.

Blues had a bit bigger 2-way group up front that I feel that skill set complimented. It's why I continue to bang the Nick Foligno / Scott Laughton drum. That skill set compliments our group, maybe we can finally wear down the opposition over a 7 game series by crunching them for a change.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I find him redundant. I think his 2-way game is underrated but he's a pass first smaller winger that would be joining Marner and 88 in the top 6.

Blues had a bit bigger 2-way group up front that I feel that skill set complimented. It's why I continue to bang the Nick Foligno / Scott Laughton drum. That skill set compliments our group, maybe we can finally wear down the opposition over a 7 game series by crunching them for a change.

I completely disagree. I like good players and that kind of player would be a massive upgrade. We don't have a LW with his skillset. Having him with Matthews and Marner would really good. And he's a proven winner.

I personally do not like Nick Foligno one bit. Laughton is alright and would be fine.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Jack has the net, it's his.
Now up to Andersen's health. We won't find out until the deadline, or a trade occurs. The Leafs won't tip their hand.
LW/C player and a D to top up.
As much as skill sets, I want personalities the mesh with this team, they've got a great team dynamic going on. Ultra positive personalities, a better Simmonds up front, not just a rah rah guy, but someone who will fight to be the last man standing, IYKWIM. Give me another Bogo and I'm good.

Ball's in your court, Dubas, git 'er done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad