Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I want oleksiak. He would be a perfect fit for pretty cheap I would think.

Rielly. Brodie
Muzz. Holl
Olek. Bogo
Dermott

is a cup caliber D.
This + mid round pick for Clifford retained (1.5 years remaining, cheap cap hit) would be nice if they don't add a quality forward.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

They'd need to attach something else to get that 1st round pick included without a prospect. They can forget about the prospect.

They can probably get that kind of return if they include Montour in the deal and take a ton of money back (full retention on both and likely a cap dump of some sort).

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Clifford was useless for us last year and is even worse this year. I think he is cooked, and shouldn't be in our top 12.

There are better options for forwards out there.
Definitely way better options, but if they did in fact go for Oleksiak, they could fit Clifford under the cap additionally. Think he'd be a better fit this time around whenever he'd happen to be in the lineup, once retained he'd have pretty bargain term too for that type of player. He'd at least be able to adjust and fit right in with the group.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Miles Wood for 2nd
Alex Kerfoot for 2nd/3rd
Kyle Clifford for 4th

Wood - - Matthews - - Marner
Galch - - Tavares - - Nylander
Mikheyev - Engvall - Hyman
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I wanna add grit as much as the next guy but Idk about Kyle Clifford. I'd pass on him.

I want grit that's gonna make more of an impact from a top 9 Persepctive. Foiligno or Laughton would still be ideal

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Would ya'll give up a 1st for Miles Wood (if he was available)

No, I think we should be looking at expiring contracts and I'm starting to think this will be a buyers market

I'm thinking we may see some good players going dirt cheap

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice deal for the Islanders. The price shouldn't be too high to get a good player.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Nice deal for the Islanders. The price shouldn't be too high to get a good player.
Nice too that Islanders are out of the running on a lot of the same players the Leafs are after. Prices should only go down from that deal I'd think, once rentals become more available, demand drops as teams like NYI get their guys, and it gets closer to the TDL.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
No, I think we should be looking at expiring contracts and I'm starting to think this will be a buyers market

I'm thinking we may see some good players going dirt cheap

I would want to see the price on lower cap guys first. I think it was tough for too many teams to fit those contracts in so that plays into value.

It is a good indication that Hall is not going for anything that Buffalo is asking for, but I think most people except for Buffalo knows that is not going to happen. The only thing that could be working in their favour right now is the injuries to Wheeler and Gallagher and the cap space (and need) that opens up for those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad