Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This really feels like a team using the media to say "totes won't be out for the season" but they had every intention to put him on LTIR for the season.

Makes you wonder why they don’t just put him on LTIR? Maybe there’s nothing seriously wrong with him but he’s done as a Leaf?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's a pretty good deal for the Islanders. I do think though that Greer and a 1st isn't bad for the Devils for 2 pending UFAs.

I hope Dubas can hit a home run.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think the Leafs end up with Iafallo now. Originally thought Palmieri would be the guy.

Palmieri was noted that he didn't want to do the quarantine. I think that partially dictating his market value.

Still, good trade for the Isles. Palmieri fits their system well and is a good replacement for Lee. Zajac doesn't do much these days but he too can fit into the Isles system nicely.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I would push more for Foligno then Hall personally. I think we need Foligno type more than Hall

Both make the club a little better but the key is value versus cost to acquire. Hall at his best makes teams back up and he makes his line mates better and he might still be able to bring a big piece of that. Foligno is not the player he was 5 years ago and he probably cant bring that offensively but he is a 200 hit winger and fills more of a need. My guess is the cost to acquire will make the Leafs choose one over the other but most likely neither is coming. This team doesn't have a big hole that needs to be filled, or at least what's clearly available won't do it, and KD is not a gambler.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Makes you wonder why they don’t just put him on LTIR? Maybe there’s nothing seriously wrong with him but he’s done as a Leaf?

If they put him on LTIR now, they lose the accrued cap space they've been doing the last few weeks.

By waiting after the deadline, they can maximize their cap space by a lot.

This might just be conspiracy theories though, it's very likely he's just injured but will be back soonish.

Reactions: Menzinger

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think this was the correct value TBH. Not a steal, but appropriate for both teams.

I would say both combined, with 50% retention, was worth a B prospect and 2 (late) 2nd's. Late 1st is worth more than a couple of 2nd's so the rest of the gap in value is made up between the 4th and B prospect. Greer and Jobst are contract dumps.

Also remember that most teams can't afford those guys even with full retention. That's still 5.2 mill in cap and they weren't getting a 1st round pick by trading those guys separately, and they probably wanted a late 1st in this draft. There is a lot of really good guys in that range this year; probably better than last year.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Guessing that Hall goes to Boston. Colorado has a goalie need & a potential D need to replace Johnson, they may want to add a forward as well but they're already pretty strong there even with Calvert out. Really hope Iafallo, Laughton & Schwartz become available in addition to Foligno & Hall(and other like Hoffman, Bozak...etc); should help keep prices low for key guys Leafs are after. Would be happy with any of Iafallo, Laughton, or Foligno but especially Schwartz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad