Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Last night, runners on 1st and 2nd none out and the Angels pop the bunt up. I don't remember who was pitching but shouldn't he have let it drop and take the double play?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Last night, runners on 1st and 2nd none out and the Angels pop the bunt up. I don't remember who was pitching but shouldn't he have let it drop and take the double play?

It was Biagini. He would have had a double-play anyway if he had just thrown to first instead of checking second.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yes, I saw that

But yeah, assuming none of the umps had signaled infield fly, he could have let it dropped and tried to turn two, but it would have been a much riskier play. Although if he had been able to field it cleanly off the bounce, it could have been a relatively decent chance at a triple play since both runners froze/went back to their bases.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
But yeah, assuming none of the umps had signaled infield fly, he could have let it dropped and tried to turn two, but it would have been a much riskier play. Although if he had been able to field it cleanly off the bounce, it could have been a relatively decent chance at a triple play since both runners froze/went back to their bases.

That's what I was thinking, easy two maybe 3. Thanks for the clarification, surprised Buck didn't mention it.

I get the take the sure out, it was a risky play thinking. Seems not getting two there cost them a few runs.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Baseballs a funny sport i tell ya.

We're fine, opposing team just found the holes, not much you can do there. Shake it off and get ready for the next one.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

IIRC can't be an infield fly on a failed bunt, but as you said if you mess it up it looks pretty dumb to just give up a guaranteed out.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
No infield fly rule on a bunt? Interesting, never heard that before. I assumed it would apply.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
IIRC can't be an infield fly on a failed bunt, but as you said if you mess it up it looks pretty dumb to just give up a guaranteed out.

I wondered about that when I was writing that post.

Turns out the bunt amendment was made in 1920. How am I supposed to be able to keep up with all these rule changes???

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Need a lefty to takeover for Cecil.

Shame he fell off so hard this year. But thats how it goes.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
90wrc+ on the season, 57 with the jays, 84 projected rest of the way. and not much of a fielder, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad