Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
zeuch, woodmam, palacios, biggio - all 2016 draftees off to very nice starts in vancouver - promoted to lansing.

would love it if vladdy joined them.

It would be awesome to see, but I'm happy as long as he's playing full season ball next year.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm more of a dog person myself.

As am I. Hell, I wasn't really an anything person until my boss at my summer job brought his puppy in last year. The fella was so damn adorable I couldn't stop playing around with it and taking it for walks around the office. It was the only thing I had to look forward to there last year (although this summer was admittedly a lot better).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm so pumped man.

Navarro is a fairly small acquisition (backup C) but I dunno. Pretty much confirms Thole and Dickey are done-zo

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm guessing giving up Colton Turner is not a huge deal?

A literal nobody.

Well I guess I shouldn't say that, he's a 25 year old reliever, and he was really good in Dunedin for 26 games this year with a huge K rate.(but has been bad in NH)

But he's pretty much your definition of a non prospect, and not the Keith Law kind.

Not quite your Grilli for Ratcliffe and the Braves release Ratcliffe 2 weeks later kind of nobody. But not far off. The kind of guy even the most avid prospect nut literally wouldn't care about and might not even realize who he was(I saw his name before but I thought he was in Lansing that's how little I've cared)

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
All Zeke said was he misses Alex A, a lot of us do. We can be Jays fans and still prefer our old GM making the decisions. He was a great GM, and you're allowed to not prefer the current person directing the ship. Just because you don't like the management of the team, doesn't mean you can't support the Jays.

Would you prefer to have nobody share there opinion and agree with everything you say instead?

I guess I never get attached enough to anyone associated with the team to say that I missed them. Everyone with the Jays will be an ex-Jay some day so I'll enjoy while they're here, but once they're gone, I have very little interest in them. But I'll point that I don't get overly attached to co-workers either.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
What is he talking about? He was the backup last season in the playoffs and Dickey was on the roster. Even if Dickey is on the roster, Martin will catch him in any playoff game.

If they're planning on having Martin catch Dickey in the playoffs, I hope he catches his last few games of the regular season. If you'll recall last year, Martin actually caught Dickey a fair amount in the regular season. I don't think he's caught him at all this year.

Maybe they're going to DFA Thole, have Martin catch Dickey, and have Navarro catch Estrada.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I guess I never get attached enough to anyone associated with the team to say that I missed them. Everyone with the Jays will be an ex-Jay some day so I'll enjoy while they're here, but once they're gone, I have very little interest in them. But I'll point that I don't get overly attached to co-workers either.

No one is attached to AA, it's recognizing he's a tremendous Executive and some wish we still had him making decisions for our favourite team. Is there seriously something wrong with that statement of his?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I really enjoyed having a gm with the skill and balls to somehow add donaldson, price, Tulowitzki, and martin in one year and get us to the playoffs for the first time in decades, all while giving us the best group of kids we've had in ages at the same time.

sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad