Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

sad-cats-4.jpg

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
ooooookkkkkkkk what's with the kitten pictures?

I'm expressing my sadness at the franchise's most valuable position playing asset not playing.

Makes me feel like a sad Kitten.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if dude's who I don't even recognize can rage out in here about small ball, then I can pollute the thread with pictures of kittens.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm expressing my sadness at the franchise's most valuable position playing asset not playing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And if dude's who I don't even recognize can rage out in here about small ball, then I can pollute the thread with pictures of kittens.

I, for one, appreciate it. Those kittens reflect the sadness I feel each time Travis is out of the lineup, and it makes me feel just a little less alone in this world.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your kitten pictures are definitely more enjoyable than a lot of posts in this thread.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I, for one, appreciate it. Those kittens reflect the sadness I feel each time Travis is out of the lineup, and it makes me feel just a little less alone in this world.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but they're cute. and sad. though, i think sad pandas are also reflective.

i didn't know that Travis was the most valuable positional playing asset. good to know :)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Pardon me for interrupting this extensive kitten discussion, but it appears that the Jays, did, in fact, make a play for Joey Votto this summer, under the condition that Cinci would be picking up a significant portion of the contract.

This comes courtesy Jon Heyman, who does point out that this pursuit was undertaken prior to our front-office shuffle this summer.

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/in...yman/heyman-dodgers-amazing-kershaw-less-run/

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
zeuch, woodmam, palacios, biggio - all 2016 draftees off to very nice starts in vancouver - promoted to lansing.

would love it if vladdy joined them.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Pardon me for interrupting this extensive kitten discussion, but it appears that the Jays, did, in fact, make a play for Joey Votto this summer, under the condition that Cinci would be picking up a significant portion of the contract.

This comes courtesy Jon Heyman, who does point out that this pursuit was undertaken prior to our front-office shuffle this summer.

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/in...yman/heyman-dodgers-amazing-kershaw-less-run/

He's talking about last summer not this summer. There is no evidence that the new regime has any interest in Votto whatsoever.

And regarding Votto, surely, there must be someone else out there that would give close the Jays something close to Votto's production for a far more reasonable price.

Do people really want to overpay for Votto just because he's from Toronto?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He's talking about last summer not this summer. There is no evidence that the new regime has any interest in Votto whatsoever.

And regarding Votto, surely, there must be someone else out there that would give close the Jays something close to Votto's production for a far more reasonable price.

Do people really want to overpay for Votto just because he's from Toronto?

what other options are out there that are similar to votto's but more reasonable? i've only heard ppl mention votto due to his left bat, and how he gets on base very regularly. i don't even think "and because he's from Toronto." is mentioned (at least not by the radio interviews i've heard)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Of course it's all because he's from Toronto, same reason anyone has ever liked Dalton Pompey. He's basically a Canadian Dwight Smith. All those silly prospect rankers putting him on their lists because he's a Canadian in a Canadian organization.

Or maybe these things actually stem from how they actually are as baseball players? Nah scratch that, it's such a terrible theory I'm embarrassed for even thinking about it let alone mentioning it.

Obviously his contract is really long, and likely to be really awful at the end, no ****, but he's a really good baseball player right now, but nope lets just default to the he's Canadian, that must be why somebody likes him theory we ready about every single Canadian ever discussed on here.

and this is coming from someone who doesn't want to get Votto. This Canadian BS that gets thrown out there by someone every single time is just that, BS.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
So, go follow the Dodgers where he now works. Simple.

All Zeke said was he misses Alex A, a lot of us do. We can be Jays fans and still prefer our old GM making the decisions. He was a great GM, and you're allowed to not prefer the current person directing the ship. Just because you don't like the management of the team, doesn't mean you can't support the Jays.

Would you prefer to have nobody share there opinion and agree with everything you say instead?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Of course it's all because he's from Toronto, same reason anyone has ever liked Dalton Pompey. He's basically a Canadian Dwight Smith. All those silly prospect rankers putting him on their lists because he's a Canadian in a Canadian organization.

Or maybe these things actually stem from how they actually are as baseball players? Nah scratch that, it's such a terrible theory I'm embarrassed for even thinking about it let alone mentioning it.

Obviously his contract is really long, and likely to be really awful at the end, no ****, but he's a really good baseball player right now, but nope lets just default to the he's Canadian, that must be why somebody likes him theory we ready about every single Canadian ever discussed on here.

and this is coming from someone who doesn't want to get Votto. This Canadian BS that gets thrown out there by someone every single time is just that, BS.

Yeah, it's ridiculous and completely unfair. He's one of the best hitters of all time. If he was from California, my opinion of him as a baseball player wouldn't change. I'm sure some casual fans would love that he's Canadian, but plenty of fans want him because he's an amazing hitter and couldn't care less where he's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad