Proposal: TOR-PHI 6 Player Deal Giroux and Nylander the main pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
Take out Giroux and this deal is closer then the current state. Not saying it would be a good deal at all, Toronto would then be getting ripped off but this proposal is just so far off that removing Giroux actually makes it closer.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
From a team that's contending, if the cap could be figured out, Giroux would get a package with some major futures - blue chip prospect+1st+ He's an elite player for sure, just doesn't make sense for the leafs situation

Oh I agree....that's why I said the OP is awful.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
The gap between MDZ and Nylander is much smaller than the gap between Nylander and Giroux.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Absolutely terrible value for Giroux, and even if it was added to, it makes no sense for Toronto's timeline either. A lose-lose trade really.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I was told that Nylander is going to be at worst as good as Giroux. I have no idea why the flyers wont do this...
:help:

The most hilarious part of the proposal were the add ons.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
These boards are a joke and filled with leaf haters who devalue leafs. if Nylander was a flyer no one would say this ****. Nylander would be the #1 prospect on at least 25 teams in the nhl.

Giroux is the leading scorer in the nhl over the last 5 seasons. The only people on this board that are outrageous are leaf fans. You guys value players that have proven nothing over star players on other teams. Not only that but you put down prospects on other teams the logic is facinating to read.

Do you ever take a minute to stop and think why there are 'leaf haters'? I mean there is no reason to hate the leafs they havent been relevant for a decade. Perhaps a big old fashioned mirror might be something leaf nation needs to look at.

Toronto says no. Nylander and Kadri have more value

Well I dont have much to add to this. Other than exibit A.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I can't believe we have six posts of discussion for this, let alone six pages. All around horrible everything.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I would not even trade Giroux for Nylander straight up at this point in time. He will be in his 30's when the leafs are making runs for the cup. Willie will be in his prime.

An established top #1C in the league VS someone who might be a #1C years from now. Leafs fans crack me up.

Mr Hockey*

An established top #1C in the league VS someone who might be a #1C years from now. Leafs fans crack me up.

You have to look at 3, 4 and 5 years from now. thats when we need another #1 center. He also is overpaid.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
No one is even talking about the Kadri piece in this deal.

Because he's irrelevant. Why would Philly downgrade to a 1C to a 2C? For a prospect who is likely to never be as good as Giroux in the first place.

Over the next 8 years, I bet Giroux scores more points than Nylander. By that time Kadri will be a bottom 6 plug and Nylander will be entering "liability" territory, as you put it.

This proposal is bad and you should feel bad.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
William Nylander is so massively overrated by Leaf fans :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This deal isn't as unworkable as it seems simply drop the highest and lowest value asset.

Mdz
Mason

For

Nylander
Kadri

Nylander continues development while kadri bumps raffl out of the top 6. Toronto acquires a solid 1a goaltender and a top pairing defender.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs don't need Giroux. I heard from well informed unbiased source that Leafs are the best at everything. And they have more money than you or me.

Posts like this have been done a million times. Hasn't been original for a long time. The Leafs bashers are out of ideas it seems.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He's 28 and signed to market value for someone of his ability. Nothing is scary about Giroux's deal at all.

For where the Flyers are at this point in time, Giroux is a good deal.
You have some nice pieces and solid prospects to place with him. The Flyers are a challenge for a playoff spot team.

For where the Leafs are at this point in time, there is no deal, no asking price or return of players/prospects, that wouldn't be totally crazy for us.
Some fans never learn. How about we also give 2 1sts and 2nd. That way the Flyers can maybe draft a Seguin/Hamilton at the same time.
The Leafs are building. The build is going to be around Matthews/Marner/Rielly/Andersen,2016 1st round pick etc. There is a plan.
The Leafs are not challenging for a playoff spot at this moment. 2/3 years.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You have to look at 3, 4 and 5 years from now. thats when we need another #1 center. He also is overpaid.

3 4 and 5 Years from now I'd bet any money that Giroux is still putting up more points than Nylander, while also having a much more rounded game.

$8M is no where close to overpaid for the top scorer over the last 5 years in a world where Perry, Toews, Kopitar etc are getting paid more.

ForSpareParts*

Because he's irrelevant. Why would Philly downgrade to a 1C to a 2C? For a prospect who is likely to never be as good as Giroux in the first place.

Over the next 8 years, I bet Giroux scores more points than Nylander. By that time Kadri will be a bottom 6 plug and Nylander will be entering "liability" territory, as you put it.

This proposal is bad and you should feel bad.

I am sorry but your center depth doesn't look all that good past Giroux. I am sure you're waving your arms in the air with rage, but an addition of Kadri and Nylander is what makes this deal a sweatened one.

This proposal begs the question: "where will Giroux be in 2 years?" and I believe I have generously offered an answer/solution.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I am sorry but your center depth doesn't look all that good past Giroux. I am sure you're waving your arms in the air with rage, but an addition of Kadri and Nylander is what makes this deal a sweatened one.

This proposal begs the question: "where will Giroux be in 2 years?" and I believe I have generously offered an answer/solution.

Our centers are technically Giroux, Schenn, and Couturier. With Schenn playing wing, Laughton/Cousins are serviceable. Gordon on the fourth line should take some considerable D-Zone draws off of Giroux as well.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada

If there was a scenario where Giroux was going to be traded, other teams would offer more than Kadri and Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad