Proposal: TOR-PHI 6 Player Deal Giroux and Nylander the main pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Wait, why do we want Claude Giroux again? Two consecutive declining years in production, prime aged, massive contract, and a big age gap between him and the new core. I'm not seeing any purpose to adding a player who will be 31 when Matthews and Marner are just exiting their ELCs.

Easy answer is we don't and I love Giroux. No sense in arguing value in this proposal because it's the absolute last thing Leafs should be doing given where we are in the rebuild.

Mr Hockey*

Lol Giroux is better then Towes.

Tell me I am biased plz say I am aND then look at my avatar.

Giroux is almost as good as Crosby at playmaking.
As well as a better two way player then Crosby by a bit.

I'd take Crosby Malkin Backstrom and Seguin and that is it over Giroux. Oh and Mcdavid

Giroux is not gonna become a 2c and in 2 years.

It is very possible Matthews is the better C-man at the end of the upcoming season. Giroux would be #2 c on the leafs.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
It is very possible Matthews is the better C-man at the end of the upcoming season. Giroux would be #2 c on the leafs.

Let's pretend

Malkin is a top 5 centre in the league and has played 2nd line.

Now if Matthews in his first year can play like a top 10 C in the league like Giroux that is impressive

Mr Hockey*

What on Earth gives you reason to believe he could be as good as Giroux next year?

This was him in May at the WC against a lot of NHL players. He also just came in 2nd for the Swiss league MVP as an 18 yr old. 6' 2.5", 215 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad